Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 15-06-2013, 08:08 AM
noxoid

Spirit Animals

We all have them. Some stick with us our whole lives while others meet us briefly to teach us an important lesson. It is easy to discover your own totem animals. Think of your favourite animal, least favourite, and any animals which are present in your life, including your past. Once you meet your spirit animal and begin to connect with it, you will attain the totem's personal power.

Tell me, what do you feel are your spirit animals? Any creatures you share a deep connection with? No? Maybe I can help you figure it out. I own a guide to animal magick, totems and their energies so I could offer some insight on the meaning of some of these animals. Even mythological creatures count. Dragons, gryphons, etc.

The wolf is my primary animal. The wolf in me is still growing and adjusting and I sometimes identify better as a lycanthrope because I am also still adjusting to wolf energy. I also identify with spiders, though this is more of a shadow totem to me. Spiders are seen as evil by many. Their way of life is much different and it is complex and hard to understand when we forget to "maintain balance" in order to effortlessly walk the threads of life. Other animals who have come to me are: rabbit, owl, crow, raven, centipede, elk, deer, tiger, bear, cat, dog, and others.

Please share, and thank you!
Old 15-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator
Mine is Dog. I have learned a lot spiritually from dogs -and a particular dog. I learned certain things from Wolf too, but it seems to be Dog who is predominant at present.
There's a Cat thing going on too right now. That's the last thing I expected as I am not really a "cat person" (though I'm fond of all animals/creatures) But for some unexplained reason, at the moment cats keep turning up in my life, coming to my garden, following me around, etc

A few years ago I had a connection with snakes. Year 2000, to 2001. I was bitten by an adder, which had some strange side effects, vivid dreams, messages in the dreams, etc. I felt a bit sick for 3 days but the experiences were beautiful otherwise, and there was something very magical about the experience. Then I got to know 2 Boa Constrictors, from whom I felt a great aura of peace. It was around that time I began to notice I could reach Alpha brainwaves at will and quite easily.

Bees have also helped me. I have received help to lucid dream from them in the past. And they once came as Peacemakers in an argument between two people I know. I asked if they would help, and they did, and sent a very clear and unmistakable sign, after I had asked for a sign to show me if they would help.

But the big one right now is Dog. Hug for that bright Dog Spirit!
Old 15-06-2013, 01:33 PM
noxoid

Love dogs. Best emotional support many people could have. :)
It's common for cats to eventually show up for those with a strong connection to dogs because they are considered enemies. I'm not fond of living with cats myself and have had my experiences with them. They typically teach us independance and adjusting to the dark. Expect magic and mystery to come alive.

Intriguing snake experiences. I've never encountered this totem, but I know that snake medicine people have learned to imitate this totem's ability to move between the realms of life and death for healing, like when they shed their skin.
Old 16-06-2013, 08:48 PM
sesheta

Mine is definitely the cat Either ordinary domestic/feral cats or, when it comes to the 'big cats' - it would be the cheetah.
Old 17-06-2013, 12:18 AM
Master
Cats as well. And spiders. Cats have always been around me. After adopting a pair of kittens, a shadow black cat guide appeared. I'm not familiar with shadow guides. It's a first for us. Spiders are more recent. They appeared in my dreams after my son saved a brood of baby spiders from drowning. Then I saw spiders everywhere whether it's in places I go, books I see, commercials, etc. I'm not fond of spiders but I accept that they are around me.

My son had a finger cellulitus last year. A white, healing snake guide appeared and wrapped itself around his finger and arm. It has stayed with him ever since.
Old 19-06-2013, 01:34 AM
Guide

Cats definitely, I always dream about cats :) most of the cats I dream of talk to me don't remember what they say though. I generally try to protect them. I have also dreamt that there was a big glowy lion in my room once i don't know why... Or what we talked about.

I have also seen spiders... Very big spiders both when i astral project and right when I wake up and even in my house! Generally see wolf spiders, they don't make webs though...

I have dreamt about a tiger a few times, a white one, they are always nice. Generally speaking nearly all animals I dream about are nice. I also love dragons! FelT a huge urge to buy this sea dragon figurine! I have no regrets about it. I usually imagine hiding under is belly when I am upset and/or scared. I imagine I also play pranks on him! Like painting all is gold the same color as the cave! Or I paint on him, I have even imagined playing pranks on fire breathing dragons... Hehehe... Man I am mischievous...
Old 21-06-2013, 02:11 AM
Knower
I watched a show where one character was very disappointed because a psychic told him his spirit animal was an otter. Naturally he was hoping for a more impressive creature. He pouted and complained until the psychic said, "Oh, all right. Eagle, then. Better?"

It was quite funny, but it also makes me wonder. Is there nothing we could learn from otters, or possums or tortoises? Can only the powerful and beautiful creatures be spirit animals?

you might say dogs are not so powerful or beautiful, and -- well I would disagree, but I would also suggest that our connection to dogs is a human characteristic, and not so much that the dogs are some sort of spirit guide. Not to denigrate anyone's individual experience, but most of us feel a connection to dogs. Maybe dogs are the spirit animal for humanity in general?
Old 26-06-2013, 10:42 AM
tigereye

Wolves and tigers for me. the wolf has kind of come and gone throughout my life, whilst the tiger appeared in my teenage years and remained. In my case, looking back, I was needing the guidance of a determined and more fierce guide since I would find it difficult to put my point of view across and comfortably talk to people. He taught me a lot and made me work for it, but my confidence and quality of friendships have improved massively. However, he stays and continues to guide me. My wolf guide appears occasionally to remind me the importance of trusting my instincts and communicate with my friends and family if I'm having trouble dealing with life. He sends me dreams now and again.

In answer to the question above, I believe small animals play an important part as spirit guides. The otter to me would be related to emotions because of its connection with water. Since I've never had an otter as a spirit animal, I'm not entirely sure, but I would guess that a person with the otter as their guide maybe needs help not to hold on to negative emotions, and not to fight them when they occur. Like I said, I don't know. I think a lot of the smaller, meeker animals also play a part in helping when a person needs to learn not to be as narcissistic, self absorbed, or power-seeking (as demonstrated by the fact the person mentioned above wanted a powerful eagle, and wouldn't accept the less fierce, and yet equally important otter).
I think there is as much to learn from a mouse or a songthrush as a lion or a hawk. It's just that the less fierce or powerful ones are often ignored or unrecognised by those they are guides to.
Old 27-06-2013, 08:11 PM
AnnieeBubble

Well spiders are always crawling around me, even in my hair haha, and are rather common in my dream. (I even accidentally ate a red spider once!)

While I'm quite squeamish around most creepy-crawlies, unless they are massive, I usually welcome spiders to inhabit my room as guests!

So all of this leads me think that spiders are my spirit animal. What does that mean? Are spiders common totems?
Old 27-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Master

Spiders can mean destiny or fate.