Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 19-01-2012, 02:21 AM
Saosin29

What Does it Mean to “Love” Someone?

We have created a lot of meaning around the word love and we have really defined what it means to “love” someone. The purpose of this piece is to get readers to ask the question: What does it mean to love someone?

It’s important that we look at many of the obvious beliefs behind how we show love to someone because these are the very foundations of what we have defined when it comes to loving another whether it be a parent, a child, a sibling, a friend or a significant other. Does it mean we are worried about them? Fear for their safety? Want to protect them? If we do nice things for them it means we love them? If we sacrifice for them does it mean we love them? Because we want to interfere with their decisions and tell them what’s best does it mean we love them?

Often times we feel that we act this way towards certain people because we love them and this love makes us act in this way. But love isn’t the reason, it’s simply the belief systems around love that makes us act this way. This comes along with the fact we are afraid and have a vested interest in what they do because we feel their choices and well being affects our state of being. Often times we feel like this because we feel we become responsible for others and where they end up once we “love” or are close to them.

When you look at the natural state of who we are and what we are, we do not see what was discussed above as what it means to love someone. Love is simply loving unconditionally no matter what a person does. Further, we do not try to interfere or judge what experience another is having. We simply allow them to have free will and free experience to do what they choose as they will have whatever experience they require. There is no need to worry as what they are doing is perfect for them and those around them. The worry comes from the fear driven by the beliefs discussed above. One cannot make mistakes or do something wrong. Each choice simply has a series of possible outcomes and none is right or wrong.

We have to remember that when situations occur that may challenge our peace, neutrality and clarity, to not give in to what the mind will try to create in the form of fear or worry. Detachment and knowing that each soul is in control, having whatever experience they require is how we remain in peace. This does not mean we are not caring or that we are cold towards the person, it simply means we are allowing free will and each soul to have the experience they require. We can offer clarity from a neutral place as a support mechanism, but to tell them right from wrong or good and bad is bringing in belief systems and interference all over again.

At our deepest most purest state, we love everyone all the same. We do not see separation or care more for one person than another. We are simply unconditionally loving to everyone and everything.

This is true neutrality, true peace and true love.
Old 19-01-2012, 03:33 AM
Racer X

Simply....... to be Free of Judgment~
Old 19-01-2012, 03:38 AM
Master
Truly love someone and find out for yourself, it cannot be explained, only experienced.
Old 19-01-2012, 04:12 AM
Shabby

When you truly love someone you look beyond the appearance to the absolute of his/her existence and hold that vision even if he/she does not see it for themselves yet.
Old 19-01-2012, 05:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X

Agreed. Love is the opposite of Judgement. It accepting someone for who they are, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 20-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X

Great answer...but how hard it can be...
Old 22-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm still young and I've never fallen in love before but I would like to think the meaning of love is different for everyone. Everyone experiences love differently, I think. But I think when you're aware of a person's flaws yet you can overlook them and still see the true internal and external beauty of someone, then you're experiencing love.
Old 27-01-2012, 04:01 PM
LuvChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kore_wa_sensou
I think when you're aware of a person's flaws yet you can overlook them and still see the true internal and external beauty of someone, then you're experiencing love.

I agree. When you can see past their flaws, physical or otherwise, and still love that person so much you are willing to be by their side for the rest of your life, then you've got a good handle on love. It is unconditional, and determined, and can overcome anything.

I found this in my husband, before he came along I realized I didn't really understand what it meant to really love someone, unconditionally. And as the years go by, I find that love getting stronger, deeper, and wiser.

However, this kind of love doesn't have to have romantic feelings attached to it. I have friends that I love very much, and accept them for exactly who they are. I've got their backs whenever they need me.
Old 27-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Stingray

To accept and to be accepted, to give and to take, to support and be supported and so on.
Old 27-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Master

I have never been eager on defining love. But yes..... love is definitely acceptance, among other things.