Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 20-11-2014, 09:23 PM
Pathfinder

Red face Self-Esteem / Love

Hi

Is there any affirmation that can increase my self-esteem or how to love myself more? after breakup? or rejection?

Old 20-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Titanoboa

Yes, stare at the mirror, tell yourself one thing you love about yourself. Then do the same thing the next day, but something different. :P
Old 20-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Deactivated Account

Just tell yourself you love yourself.. and try to believe it. Easy as that :)
Old 20-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Pathfinder

Orris Root: what if I don't know what I love about myself ? ..

scarlettHayden :for how long I should try saying that I love myself?

Thank you both for sharing :)
Old 20-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Titanoboa

Surely, there must be something? Can be a quality, feature, pretty much any characteristic. :)
Old 20-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noon84
scarlettHayden :for how long I should try saying that I love myself?

As often as you can, or feel the need to. Try and make it a habit. Just say it whenever you can :)
Old 20-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orris Root
Surely, there must be something? Can be a quality, feature, pretty much any characteristic. :)

Right. It doesn't matter what it is or how small it is. Maybe even something funny like "this eyelash has a beautiful colour today " It's something. :)
Old 22-11-2014, 01:20 PM
flow.alignment

"I love and approve of myself exactly as I am."

If you're doing that in front of a mirror, you can use the the above or speak to yourself as another person - "I love and approve of you exactly as you are."

See how both feel and use what feels better and more natural.

-----------
Put your hand over your heart and say to yourself:

I love you.
I accept you as you are.
I commit to you.
You are important.
Your life counts.
------------

When you're not feeling good about yourself, it can be very difficult to focus on or even see things you like about yourself. Things that might be obvious to you when you're in a better feeling space. And if you're able to see it, you might not be able to feel it.

If you're consistent, affirmations will bring you out, but the process is sometimes slow.

Two active techniques I use when I'm not feeling good are to:
  • Love my negative feelings
  • Work with feelings as energy and lift negative ones into my heart

When you have a strong negative feeling, your first impulse might be to resist or push against it, but this often has the effect of keeping the feeling around longer.

Instead, think of negative feelings as being small children that are in pain and need love in order to heal. Embrace and surround negative feelings with love.

If you feel a negative emotion in your abdomen, practice lifting it into your heart with your breathing. Lift the feeling as you inhale. This is the technique I use the most in everyday life.

If you want to do some reading, sources I've found helpful are Louise Hay (You Can Heal Your Life) and Sanaya Roman (Living with Joy, Spiritual Growth, and Personal Power through Awareness). I learned the above affirmations and techniques from those two authors.
Old 22-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Pathfinder

Orris Root thank you!

ScarlettHayden.. Thank you!

Flow.alignment.. Thank you! You opened my eyes into something new! Treat my negatives like kids.. I have been reading and listening to louise Hay since one year.. But not constantly
Old 22-11-2014, 04:32 PM
''I am wonderful and they are stupid. I am wonderful and they are stupid.
I am wonderful and they are stupid...I am wonderful and they are stupid.''....it always helped ME!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru