Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 08-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven
I personally I'm not afraid of lifting weights, I just don't want to look like a dude. A lot of females prefer the soft look, not the strong look. Some guys like girls with muscle some don't.
Lol. Straight and to the point. I am with you on this.

I think woman who do weights and "bulk" up has to do with the diet and not eating properly. I know a lot of women who are thin and lift those huge barebel weights. Still, it's not a look I would prefer either. I like looking feminine and I am certain most men don't have issues with it. Besides, if your girl is the type that can help you carry a fridge or lift a car, than I would wonder what kinda relationship yall' would have.

By the way this is a very old thread.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Besides, if your girl is the type that can help you carry a fridge or lift a car, than I would wonder what kinda relationship yall' would have.

hahahah......lol you have me laughing!! It wouldn't be bad for the guy if the girl could lift a fridge - less work for him around the house.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keokutah
Yeah I know females prefer to look a certain way, I just never understood it LoL. I don't mean to offend anyone but women with muscle look curvier and more feminine to me. Just because you have muscle doesn't mean you have to be ripped. The woman I see at the gym isn't ripped and she still has an hourglass shape but she has a big, strong body. Skinny women look like "dudes" or little boys to me because they have no shape and that's personally not what attracts me.

You didn't offend anyone! It is what it is, that's your taste. Some females do look good with muscle but others don't! I do agree some skinny women do look like boys I guess that depends on their body shape.
Old 23-12-2015, 02:33 AM
Master
Quote:
I want to get tone and it seems like its taking me forever!!! I know I been slacking off lately, I only been to the gym like once a week and I know that's no good. Hopefully I can make it at least 3 times a week. I just don't know if that's enough for toning or if I need to workout more. Lately I been lifting more weights when I'm at the gym but I still not happy. I'm getting confused with should I do more cardio or more weight training to get tone?? I don't want to be super skinny. I just want to be tone. Since I stop eating meat, the only problem that I'm having is that I'm having cravings for sweet and I know that doesn't help with toning. Any advice I appreciated, so much information online, its confusing the heck out of me.

Sounds like you just need to get serious about it. Make exercising a full time job and stick to a diet that will bring about the results you desire.

I can give you more detailed advice if you'd like, I'm a certified personal trainer. I just need to know your stats and some general info. Height, weight, age, and your current diet.

I know a thing or two about sculpting bodies, using myself as my main test subject: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ph...otos/121089141
Old 23-12-2015, 06:09 AM
Experiencer

If I haven't worked out for a while all I do is a week of light full-body workouts. Every day the first few days then as I increase intensity I'll go every other day to give muscles time to recover.

Once a week will get you nowhere. I spend about 15-25 minutes in the gym on those days and may only go for 30-40 minutes every other day after I'm dialed in.

That's only one way I do it when I'm wanting to take it easy. Other times I'll go p90x on myself and destroy my body into submission. Those are fun times.
Old 23-12-2015, 06:12 AM
Experiencer

A workout like p90x won't make you look like a dude if you're a chick because it's mostly endurance body weight exercises with a few high-rep dumbbell routines thrown in.
Old 23-12-2015, 09:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Sounds like you just need to get serious about it. Make exercising a full time job and stick to a diet that will bring about the results you desire.

I can give you more detailed advice if you'd like, I'm a certified personal trainer. I just need to know your stats and some general info. Height, weight, age, and your current diet.

I know a thing or two about sculpting bodies, using myself as my main test subject: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ph...otos/121089141

I been getting more serious now. I been going at least 3 times a week to the gym and I stay from an hour to two hours at the gym. Half hour to 40 minutes cardio and the rest weights. I been lifting more weights to get more tone and its working. From when I posted this thread I have seem some improvements. You must have a good diet and a good workout cause you are ripped. I still don't know if I want to look so ripped, it looks good for a guy but not so much for a girl. I want to keep the feminine look. I'm pretty sure that as a trainer yourself you know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Heaven : 23-12-2015 at 11:33 PM.
Old 23-12-2015, 09:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by engellstein
If I haven't worked out for a while all I do is a week of light full-body workouts. Every day the first few days then as I increase intensity I'll go every other day to give muscles time to recover.

Once a week will get you nowhere. I spend about 15-25 minutes in the gym on those days and may only go for 30-40 minutes every other day after I'm dialed in.

That's only one way I do it when I'm wanting to take it easy. Other times I'll go p90x on myself and destroy my body into submission. Those are fun times.

This thread is an old thread, I have been working out at least 3 times a week. I actually have p90x and I LOVE IT. I just can't workout at home anymore, too much interruption. That's why I go to the gym, but P90x does works.
Old 23-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Master
Quote:
I been getting more serious now. I been going at least 3 times a week to the gym and I stay from an hour to two hours at the gym. Half hour to 40 minutes cardio and the rest weights. I been lifting more weights to get more tone and its working. From when I posted this thread I have seem some improvements. You must have a good diet and a good workout cause you are ripped. I still don't know if I want to look like a G.I Joe, it looks good for a guy but not so much for a girl. I want to keep the feminine look.

Glad to hear that you've stepped it up! Time, dedication and effort are among the biggest factors towards your fitness goals. Diet is also extremely important, as weight loss can take place simply by lowering your daily calorie intake, and getting toned is more about losing the layer of fat that covers the muscles than it is about actually increasing the size of the muscles. Of course, weight loss is greatly enhanced by adding regular exercise into the mix, although diet is key. Keep up the good work!
Old 23-12-2015, 09:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by engellstein
A workout like p90x won't make you look like a dude if you're a chick because it's mostly endurance body weight exercises with a few high-rep dumbbell routines thrown in.

That's my main fear I don't want to start looking like a dude.