Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-02-2019, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Love is an illusion. A waste of time.
I agree, love is a over used word, just like the words, I am sorry. But if someone told you, you couldn't listen heavy metal ever again, would you fight for it,? Would you defend it with all your heart? If you would, that's love. If you wouldn't, then it's just words that don't mean anything.
Old 17-02-2019, 04:14 PM
ImthatIm

Jesus at Jacobs well and the Samaritan women.

Replace water in the story with Love.

There is water/love in the well. Jesus talks of another wellspring of everlasting water/Love.

This everlasting Divine Love is the elixir I seek. This is the water that feeds all life as Saint Paul has said all 2 of Jesus's commandments can be fulfilled by Love. Of course this is this everlasting water/Love. That which you can rest in and makes your burden light. That which is always transforming you. The power which makes all other powers feeble.
This Love which I know so little about, but it calls me into it's grandeur and endless,everlasting, all excepting radiance.
All the words ever created and ever will be to explain Love will be a grain of sand compared to the expanse of the everlasting supply Jesus was speaking of.
This refreshing power of Love that refreshed Jesus at the well.
I only see one goal in my life and that is to increase this Love in my life and all other things take care of them selves and I also call this Love God.
Old 17-02-2019, 11:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Jesus at Jacobs well and the Samaritan women.

Replace water in the story with Love.

There is water/love in the well. Jesus talks of another wellspring of everlasting water/Love.

This everlasting Divine Love is the elixir I seek. This is the water that feeds all life as Saint Paul has said all 2 of Jesus's commandments can be fulfilled by Love. Of course this is this everlasting water/Love. That which you can rest in and makes your burden light. That which is always transforming you. The power which makes all other powers feeble.
This Love which I know so little about, but it calls me into it's grandeur and endless,everlasting, all excepting radiance.
All the words ever created and ever will be to explain Love will be a grain of sand compared to the expanse of the everlasting supply Jesus was speaking of.
This refreshing power of Love that refreshed Jesus at the well.
I only see one goal in my life and that is to increase this Love in my life and all other things take care of them selves and I also call this Love God.

Many seek the well without even seeking. The moment it seeks you, you realize your simply catching up to what is, has been, always was-a home of sorts. Surrender to what is fully in each moment expands the heart and the awareness.
Old 18-02-2019, 02:00 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherkey
This is an interesting thread. There are many replies offering an answer that fulfills an appetite for knowing love. Yet to me, the wisdom in the original post seems to be with the notion that we could admit to not knowing love in order to devote ourselves to remembering.

If knowing is doing, then each new moment or circumstance in our lives requires a different action. Therefore, it would seem wise to start from that place of accepting that we dont know love in each new moment, in order to find love anew in thte choices we are faced with.

Thanks for sharing this Heatherkey.

I think you have a very good idea of the point I was trying to make.

Edit: Also, I think the approach you suggested, of beginning by accepting that we don't already know, and of discovering in each moment what love is, is absolutely brilliant.

In fact, I intend on using your idea in my own life, to try to learn the wisest choices and responses in any given situation.

Your post really blew my mind.
Old 18-02-2019, 07:20 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Heatherkey,

You have made this even more interesting by the simple use of one word....."Rembering". The literal meaning of 'remembering' broken down is re-membering.....i.e. reconstituting...as in bringing to life again. Reconstituting the 'members' of the body.

When I was growing up, the words on the communion table at church were "this do in remembrance of me". The significance of those words probably escaped the understanding of most of the congregants. In essence they were saying that by partaking of communion we were bringing Christ alive again in our lives....in spirit. So, yes, the act of re-membering is an act of recreating, of bringing to life, something we once had or experienced....in this case, love.

Thanks Molearner, words are amazing when we really stop to look at what they mean. Re-membering suggests a physical link when looked at in this wa.y
Old 18-02-2019, 07:23 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
Thanks for sharing this Heatherkey.

I think you have a very good idea of the point I was trying to make.

Edit: Also, I think the approach you suggested, of beginning by accepting that we don't already know, and of discovering in each moment what love is, is absolutely brilliant.

In fact, I intend on using your idea in my own life, to try to learn the wisest choices and responses in any given situation.

Your post really blew my mind.

Fab, it would be interesting to speak about it six months from now to see how it goes.
Old 18-02-2019, 04:19 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Many seek the well without even seeking. The moment it seeks you, you realize your simply catching up to what is, has been, always was-a home of sorts. Surrender to what is fully in each moment expands the heart and the awareness.

Nicely put Justbe.
I always have a hard time putting down in words what I am really trying to say.
I think your 2 sentences are very profound.
They point to great truth.
Old 18-02-2019, 09:17 PM
Ascender
Hmm... Interesting.
So many postings asking about what love is.
Love is the most important key to life itself.
Everyone knows its purpose. Most experiences it at least one point in their lives.
Yet its meaning has been the most debated subject throughout the human history. - with many attempt to define it.
Even on this one posting and there had been many similar postings about love.
All responses are different but yet all sound about right.

Do you know why?
Here is my take on love.
It can not be defined by one person or by one group.
There is not one definition that can describe love.
Because love encompasses all and love is an uniquely individual experience.
Each person's definition and belief of love are accurate for that person.

So, my definition of love - as in 'an energy bond that includes varying degrees of intensities, billion different colors, all different shapes/sizes, unmeasurable depth, constantly evolving, infinite capacity for acceptance, absolutely fearless, and timeless' - is the accurate description of love for me.

Everyone loves...
However, another confusion of love is that each has its own ways of expressing love.
Here is where the confusion often occurs.
"Well.. that is not how I express love so that must not be love" - Yes it is love, just not your expectation of love expression from the other.

Last edited by Ziusudra : 18-02-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Old 18-02-2019, 09:17 PM
Ascender
.............dup
Old 18-02-2019, 09:24 PM
Ascender
???!,,,,,,,,,,,,,dup