Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-01-2019, 12:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider_1970

So when I die, I as the Universe am reborn through someone else - from their individual perspective and consciousness. This to me is the true magic, and is what I believe is the true essence of who we are - when we see beyond our individual consciousness and that we are each the very fabric and consciousness of the organic Universe.

In a nutshell Ghost Rider. The sheer impossibility of conscious life should be taught in schools instead of religion.

Voltaire once said something that seems to me to sum up the whole crux of life: 'Being born twice is no more astounding than being born once'.

These I think are the truest words ever.
Old 13-01-2019, 01:40 PM
Master
Great thought riff-happenings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
In a nutshell Ghost Rider. The sheer impossibility of conscious life should be taught in schools instead of religion.
How about the 'uncreatability' or 'sheer miracle' instead of 'impossibility' (I mean, IT is here, everywhere, already, forever!) of 'Conscious Spirit'. Some say IT is CREATION ITSELF - THE CREATOR 'IN' ACTION - both showing and seeing himself/herself 'nakedly' all the time, presumably at least!

Quote:
Voltaire once said something that seems to me to sum up the whole crux of life: 'Being born twice is no more astounding than being born once'.
How about continually being born into 'being' - i.e. continually being and becoming in a never-ending story/way?

The only meaningful -- 'cuz meaning requires contrast between X and Y; Y,Y,Y,Y ad infinitum is meaningless I dare sayl -- Q then becomes :

Given the configuration of my being i.e. what/who/why I AM, now, what/who/why do I choose to be, i.e. to be-come , next?

Same ol', same ol' "me" - or something "new" (so to speak), that is "new" to "me"?

I suppose the Q cold also be meaningfully asked referencing the plural "we".

Some ideas which have been bandied in the latter regard (historically speaking, in the 'past') :

"Be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the 'new' man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, ..."

Some would rather think and aim to download their consciousness into computers and thereby 'live' as themslves forever - other wish to become interplanetary 'travelers' - still others both! Imagine being 'entombed' in a 'machine' for long periods of time, or (hell!) even forever!!!
Old 14-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Guide
Higher Self does not show itself because we humans, in general, hate the paranormal experiences. We would lose our minds.
Old 14-01-2019, 11:42 PM
Newbie ;)

God shows Himself Every DAY.
You only have to see HIM if you want.
Every life form you see is GODS PRESENCE. Including your LIFE. So when you wake up in the morning and look at the mirror, you see a living life form. That is GOD.
Old 15-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Great thought riff-happenings!

How about the 'uncreatability' or 'sheer miracle' instead of 'impossibility' (I mean, IT is here, everywhere, already, forever!) of 'Conscious Spirit'. Some say IT is CREATION ITSELF - THE CREATOR 'IN' ACTION - both showing and seeing himself/herself 'nakedly' all the time, presumably at least!

How about continually being born into 'being' - i.e. continually being and becoming in a never-ending story/way?

The only meaningful -- 'cuz meaning requires contrast between X and Y; Y,Y,Y,Y ad infinitum is meaningless I dare sayl -- Q then becomes :

Given the configuration of my being i.e. what/who/why I AM, now, what/who/why do I choose to be, i.e. to be-come , next?

Same ol', same ol' "me" - or something "new" (so to speak), that is "new" to "me"?

I suppose the Q cold also be meaningfully asked referencing the plural "we".

Some ideas which have been bandied in the latter regard (historically speaking, in the 'past') :

"Be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the 'new' man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, ..."

Some would rather think and aim to download their consciousness into computers and thereby 'live' as themslves forever - other wish to become interplanetary 'travelers' - still others both! Imagine being 'entombed' in a 'machine' for long periods of time, or (hell!) even forever!!!

The word impossibility was indeed intended to cause a reaction. Personally I've never quite got over the 'shock' of being here - it's impossible - and yet defies the obvious condition we are all in. I did once start a thread here 'Why am I not an elephant' but it didn't get very far and only caused confusion - and we have enough of that here! To describe existence as a miracle is however IMO a misuse of the word. The word itself shouldn't exist - says me. Everything there is is in its natural state, it has to be because it has so 'came about'.

We all play our part in this immense landscape - 'be renewed in the spirit of your mind' is the challenge we all face in this wonderful wilderness of consciousness.
Old 15-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Master
Quote:
'be renewed in the spirit of your mind' is the challenge we all face in this wonderful wilderness of consciousness.
It is a 'wake up and truly LIVE' call/challenge to 'lazy bones' and 'fearful' and 'pessimistic' charactors.

But experienced as a welcome, positively exciting, 'fly over the moon' opportunity to those who see 'creativity' as a chance to 'ride the light fantastic' to an even more wonderful XYZ!

Old 16-01-2019, 04:38 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
God does not show himself/herself/itself because we have layers of impurity surrounding us.
If we accept God is love and divine, and if we also accept we have freedom, then our focus on non-love and
lower states of being blinds us to God.

It is not to be blamed on God for it is our own doing and our own choice.
It's not a matter of asking or begging God to make this reality go away, for it takes time to unpack the layers
we have collected over time.

^^This!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
^^This!

I concur with the clarity/briliance of Altair's contributiion.
Old 16-01-2019, 06:00 PM
Molearner

After reading Altair and Miss Hepburn the old gospel song came to mind...….."get in touch with God, turn your radio on"...…….'radio' being the ability to perceive(either through hearing or seeing, etc) Sometimes we can sound like petulant children demanding a miracle. Jesus cautioned about such demands noting that some miracles would never help or change many people.
Old 16-01-2019, 07:11 PM
Pathfinder

@Busby

it is not exactly true God is not showing himself. Yes most of the time he somekind "hides" as if he would avoid us. But look at this: youtube: miracle of damascus part 10 (from minute 3:45) and miracle of damascus part 11 and part 12. Type in on youtube and look for yourself.

Isn't that showing himself?