Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-01-2019, 05:14 AM
Experiencer

How serious are you?

A synonym for serious is earnest.

The opposite of this would be lackadaisical.

Scott Peck, in The Road Less Traveled, suggested that an opposite of love is laziness.

Effort is not synonymous with seriousness and earnestness, although I do believe effort has its place. You can be fully serious and live effortlessly, and you could employ great effort toward foolish ends. So being serious doesn't necessarily mean trying.

We owe it to ourselves to be serious, to be earnest, to be fully committed. Common sense, self-love, and concern for others all demand that we care enough to be serious and real.

Many times I've made choices that I knew were inappropriate, and many times I've been very insincere and dishonest with myself.

I can say though that as time passes those choices have become less frequent.

My integrity has been throughout my life and still is very far from perfect, but I've definitely grown in integrity with the passing of time, slowly but steadily.

Spiritual growth requires that we be serious and committed.

They say in AA, 'Progress not perfection.'
Old 30-01-2019, 11:11 AM
Master
Yes I am a serious person. It may be that I am too serious? I have hurt myself with some of the tough decisions that I have made. I fear I AM because it implies even more seriousness. I could be called fanatical.....I am learning to "let go and let God"....

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 30-01-2019, 08:40 PM
Experiencer
Serious depends on way you look at things. You can be very serious about something, but when you get or give yourself an right arguments, you can be less serious.
I am always serious about what i want to achieve, there is no compromise. But when you have it under your ability and knowing than you can be less serious about it, because it no longer represent a threat.
So serious is related to deep rooted personal ambition, that represent what you really stand for and want to achieve, but it is not yet manifested and that for you can't be calm about it.
Old 31-01-2019, 04:12 PM
Pathfinder

Pretty serious, but not so serious that I'm not having fun.
Old 31-01-2019, 06:21 PM
Master
This i feel is a good question to ask oneself. How serious are you about your path in life or spiritual journey should be examined. Constantly not just briefly.

I can't say i know the answer for myself. I feel i'm underestimated and i sometimes underestimate myself.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:17 AM
Experiencer

Thanks for your replies everyone!
Old 03-02-2019, 05:36 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
Spiritual growth requires that we be serious and committed.
You're not a'kiddin'.

I have said this for years ...mainly to the doubters that lament that prayer doesn't
work...or 'God hides Himself; I have tried to see Him, hear from Him.'
Then, they become disillusioned. Many becoming professional skeptics.
I tell them this Path takes diligence, perseverance, consistency, desire extraordinaire, steadfastness, resolve.

"You can be as close to God as you want to.
It depends on how much time you want to spend."

Not having progress on the Path to God-realization ?
SIT, be still for 6 hours...3 hours during the week or every other day.
Show your earnestness and sincerity of purpose to God Himself...or your Higher Self or Krishna...by whatever Name.
There is NO way God resists this call of love....it is He that is the slave of love....He is but a moth to a flame.

Restless and distracted? Then, forget about it.
This Path is NOT for the faint of heart, my friends ...

Hi happy soul...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-02-2019, 10:21 PM
Experiencer

Miss Hepburn,

You really see the point I was trying to make.

Thanks for your comments. I feel more clear about the topic because of them. Especially the part about, 'This Path is NOT for the faint of heart.'
Old 04-02-2019, 02:58 PM
Suspended
Guide
I enjoy questions like this.

I'm fairly serious, I take all areas of my life seriously. I'm still have a playful personality, but as far as work/career, being a good person, my spiritual development, and my mental and physical health, it's all 100% important.

The only exception is art. That's not meant to be extremely serious. More free.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:34 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla
The only exception is art. That's not meant to be extremely serious. More free.

Me too with music. I do it just for fun. Although many years ago I was very serious about being the best musician I could be.