Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 24-03-2011, 02:58 AM
Sangress

Quote:
I'll tell you what I have seen and which took me by surprise once...hooded and veiled figures. Nobody has mentioned hooded beings here yet (unless I've missed it because I'm a newbie here). They were ghostly, and, because they were seen in a dark spatiality, they glowed. So in essence they were light beings.

*Looks at my display picture and laughs*

I've never seen one of them *cough*
Old 24-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Guide
What you have to understand about the non-physical is that what you experience there isn't objective. This means that what you experience is an interpretation... it's your interpretation of what you're experiencing.

Things like hooded figures are a metaphor. It's a metaphor for a "being" (aka, someone you're interacting with) that you know nothing about.
Old 24-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Summerlander

Sure, they are definately metaphors which helps us to make sense of the info we receive on a metaphysical level. I suspect these entities are not just a personal phenomenon though. I think of them as something experienced on a collective level of consciousness. Symbolically, hooded figures represent death for a lot of people...

There are a few people on Astral Viewers who experienced them. Bedeekin from Astral Viewers posted his encounter and drew pictures of these hoodies himself. He hadn't even read my experience when he posted his. I saw his images and the similarities are striking. It is also interesting the fact that what I described as "luminous threads" he described as "glowing filaments"...
Old 24-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerlander
Sure, they are definately metaphors which helps us to make sense of the info we receive on a metaphysical level. I suspect these entities are not just a personal phenomenon though. I think of them as something experienced on a collective level of consciousness. Symbolically, hooded figures represent death for a lot of people...
The experience is definitely real, you definitely had an encounter with 'something', however "HOW" you experience them is subjective. The "hood" and "robe" are just how your consciousness interpreted the data you were receiving so that it could make sense of it.

When I say that things are 'subjective', I don't mean that they're not real. It's very real... but it's important to realize that what you "see" isn't objective. You're not actually encountering a "being" wearing a hood/robe.
The best you can say is that it's a subjective interpretation of an objective experience.

There's a problem when you start to see your experiences as being 100% objective. Our experiences can't make sense at that point.
Old 25-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
The experience is definitely real, you definitely had an encounter with 'something', however "HOW" you experience them is subjective. The "hood" and "robe" are just how your consciousness interpreted the data you were receiving so that it could make sense of it.

When I say that things are 'subjective', I don't mean that they're not real. It's very real... but it's important to realize that what you "see" isn't objective. You're not actually encountering a "being" wearing a hood/robe.
The best you can say is that it's a subjective interpretation of an objective experience.

There's a problem when you start to see your experiences as being 100% objective. Our experiences can't make sense at that point.

All experience is subjectively "real," but there is Reality (signified by a Capital R) beyond subjectivity. Both subjectivity AND objectivity are unstable, illusory and not absolute. There is an Absolute Reality, perfect, unchanging, eternal, infinite and totally beyond conceptualization and definition that can be awakened to. This what those like the Buddha, Jesus and Sri Ramana Maharshi realized, which is beyond all projection. Projection is illusion. There's really no "inner" nor "outer." "Subjectivity" is just as illusory as apparent "objectivity." Such enlightened teachers say things like "The Kingdom is within you" in order to help people transcend the illusion of separation, yet knew that there really is no "outer" nor "inner." "Inner" and "outer" are essentially the same exact concept! Just perceived differently as "here" and "there." To say there is no external, objective world and really KNOW it, you must also realize that there ultimately and equally is no subjective, interpretive reality. Almost all humans severely limit their definition of "real." They try to "define" it, which is what creates the potential for their "problems" in the first place. Divine Truth is beyond interpretation; it is intuitively felt and known as "unconditional love." It simply IS.
Old 25-03-2011, 12:40 PM
ashwanimahaur

you should be sensitive to hamanity

yes i agree with it i think i you are sensitive and if you care for humanity the world is always good for you

If we take an earth elemental that I saw last year he was about a foot tall and (he)? was angry he had a head / face like that of a rhinoceros. (could that description relate to that of a monster)?

He came out of a forest and (he) was shaking his (fists/hoofs) In the air . Another time In the astral planes I saw a being that was roughly 5-6 ft tall with a rams head . The energy that I was aware of was not pleasant In the slightest . Yet again does this description relate to that of a monster?

These kinda life energies exist and there not all expressing love and light, just as the Individuals that experience human form on the earth planes . Does that make them monsters too?
Old 25-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Karlos
All experience is subjectively "real," but there is Reality (signified by a Capital R) beyond subjectivity. Both subjectivity AND objectivity are unstable, illusory and not absolute. There is an Absolute Reality, perfect, unchanging, eternal, infinite and totally beyond conceptualization and definition that can be awakened to. This what those like the Buddha, Jesus and Sri Ramana Maharshi realized, which is beyond all projection. Projection is illusion. There's really no "inner" nor "outer." "Subjectivity" is just as illusory as apparent "objectivity." Such enlightened teachers say things like "The Kingdom is within you" in order to help people transcend the illusion of separation, yet knew that there really is no "outer" nor "inner." "Inner" and "outer" are essentially the same exact concept! Just perceived differently as "here" and "there." To say there is no external, objective world and really KNOW it, you must also realize that there ultimately and equally is no subjective, interpretive reality. Almost all humans severely limit their definition of "real." They try to "define" it, which is what creates the potential for their "problems" in the first place. Divine Truth is beyond interpretation; it is intuitively felt and known as "unconditional love." It simply IS.

Once again..............nice post! Are these your words Simon?
James
Old 25-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth

The "non-physical" that you speak of Xanth is not the true Non-physical. Non-physical is actually without ANY perception of separation. It is beyond "perception," for perception implies that there is a separate "me" and something that is "not me" that is perceived. You are simply referring to "less physically dense matter." "Astral reality" still has substance and physicality, however subtle it may sometimes appear. Obviously you still experience physicality in what you call the "non-physical," otherwise there would be NO sensations, "experiences," and no perception whatsoever of a "body" at all, my brother. True Non-physical reality is totally beyond all silly mind concepts of projection, phasing, inner and outer, etc. Knowing this, I of course must still use such concepts when speaking, for language itself is dualistic and limited.
Old 25-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Once again..............nice post! Are these your words Simon?
James

They flow from within, yes brother. Deep appreciation.
Old 25-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Guide
Actually, what I refer to as the "non-physical" isn't really non-physical at all... it's very physical.

Physical and Non-physical are simply a matter of perspective.
When you're in the non-physical it's VERY physical... and by perspective, when you're there, this physical reality seems very non-physical.

So when I use those terms... I use them only because that's what most people are comfortable in hearing/using.

All these other areas of consciousness are are different reality frames, they're ever so much as real as this physical 'reality frame' that we find ourselves discussing in right now. :)

So yeah, we're on the same page. Definitely.