Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 09-12-2016, 04:40 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
You are a member of a spiritual movement...you are a soul being, just like everyone else here on earth AND IN THE "SPIRITUAL REALMS".

You are a part of the spiritual brothers and sisters of the universe.

The majority of people in the spiritual realms do not go to spiritual type gatherings in churches or synagogues ext ext ext.....because they have figured out that they do not need to

But those who have figured out that we do not need to WORSHIP Creator. ..(god if you like)....but just recognize what creator has done for us & can do for us, & all we have to do is just have a longing desire for creators loving very essence to flow into us & transform us into the Devine being.

& we can do that in any location & anywhere in the universe & without a house of prayer or a in the presence of a so called exalted leader of any spiritual gathering...because all of our true longings & desires for creators love are naturaly & instantly received by creator & he responds instantly in return.

That may be true. But when your peers and loved ones persecute you out of fear or misunderstanding, when the pain of a poisoned Earth is making your heart ache, when you yearn for the old ways that honored the plants and animals as both fellow food and hunter....Well I imagine it can get kind of lonely haha, especially when this place in time is utterly contrary to your values. I know I feel like I'm in a nightmare when I see the ads for new technology from old sci-fiction.
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSun
That may be true. But when your peers and loved ones persecute you out of fear or misunderstanding, when the pain of a poisoned Earth is making your heart ache, when you yearn for the old ways that honored the plants and animals as both fellow food and hunter....Well I imagine it can get kind of lonely haha, especially when this place in time is utterly contrary to your values. I know I feel like I'm in a nightmare when I see the ads for new technology from old sci-fiction.
Namaste.

Yeah, I don't know what it is and I am putting it all down to 'Kali Yuga' when people and children can openly flaunt established rules because they know the system prevents them from being prosecuted for doing so.....it is where 'human rights' meets 'human entitlements' and endless stupidity is the result of it...and I find it funny how nobody ever says anything about it.

Some days it just seems like the whole world is on drugs and full of louts, hoodlums and 'yahoos' and this is getting worse...and worse....and worse...children riding scooters and bicycles through shopping malls and their age (being under 16) prevents any security or police from getting involved...

People driving in cars with the windows down...stereo blaring and their body is half hanging out the window and they are screaming and ranting at all passing cars...

Small cars that have been modified with V8 engines that take nitro and they have such noisy gear shifts and exhaust manifolds....you can hear them coming from about 3 miles away...

People LOVE and I mean love to be deafeningly LOUD - and nobody can do anything about it....I mean of course it is illegal, but because so many louts, hoons and rednecks DO it....have burnouts...drag races at about 2am, it is impossible to police everybody that does it.

We are living in a world that is going to hell, FAST!...people messaging on their phones, not looking where they are going and wondering why they keep bumping into the same wall....even chimpanzees have more common sense than most humans do these days.

Stupidity is an epidemic and the media is their opiate. Social media is like brain-numbing mind candy...

I guess that I am meant to be 'the last of the Mohicans' because when I die, the whole world will die with me....let's just say that I won't give a damn then....and I can hardly wait for maha samadhi.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 09-12-2016, 05:45 AM
Master

Quote:

Yes yes...I had taken Jesus' words literally & am living them probably 99% to the letter.

His words.....be in the world but not of it.

I removed myself from public life in 2010, & have been living a recluse vegan life style since.

Because I prefer not to listen to people complaining about their partners & or children, their bosses or neibours, their school teachers or the law enforcement agencies, wars & invading nations on others. ...ext ext ext.
because I didn't want to subscribe to this earth existence ever again.

& the only reason I am still an earthling is because my 80 something yr old parents are still earghlings & I feel I owe it to them to make sure of their safety & comfort as they age towards the transition into spirit.

But I am a fortunate person because at 54 yrs of age, I do not have children or a partner & can do as I wish, & I am a self sufficient self funded retired person.
& my family are not in my face about my reclusive lifestyle which has set me free mentally & physically.

It is most awesome to not have to answer or bow & scrape to anyone in life...& to be able to just walk away from any unloving situations.

I would still live this lifestyle even if my family were in my face about it....of course it would be somewhat different if I had children under the age of lets say 17 yrs.
Then I would support those children of a minor age till they could support themselves, then I would completely close myself of from spiteful & or un sympathetic family members.

& as far as loneliness goes, well it is not a lonely existence while I have different individual spiritual beings around me 100% of the time.
& quite frankly I would rather listen to them than any human & their earthly derived conversations.

Smiles & Regards neil.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:18 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Namaste.

Yeah, I don't know what it is and I am putting it all down to 'Kali Yuga' when people and children can openly flaunt established rules because they know the system prevents them from being prosecuted for doing so.....it is where 'human rights' meets 'human entitlements' and endless stupidity is the result of it...and I find it funny how nobody ever says anything about it.

Some days it just seems like the whole world is on drugs and full of louts, hoodlums and 'yahoos' and this is getting worse...and worse....and worse...children riding scooters and bicycles through shopping malls and their age (being under 16) prevents any security or police from getting involved...

People driving in cars with the windows down...stereo blaring and their body is half hanging out the window and they are screaming and ranting at all passing cars...

Small cars that have been modified with V8 engines that take nitro and they have such noisy gear shifts and exhaust manifolds....you can hear them coming from about 3 miles away...

People LOVE and I mean love to be deafeningly LOUD - and nobody can do anything about it....I mean of course it is illegal, but because so many louts, hoons and rednecks DO it....have burnouts...drag races at about 2am, it is impossible to police everybody that does it.

We are living in a world that is going to hell, FAST!...people messaging on their phones, not looking where they are going and wondering why they keep bumping into the same wall....even chimpanzees have more common sense than most humans do these days.

Stupidity is an epidemic and the media is their opiate. Social media is like brain-numbing mind candy...

I guess that I am meant to be 'the last of the Mohicans' because when I die, the whole world will die with me....let's just say that I won't give a damn then....and I can hardly wait for maha samadhi.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Oh yes are they loud! Other people will be right in front of the TV with the volume way up, and I'm way across the house hearing everything so clearly that my head hurts. I don't know if my hearing compensates for my bad vision or what. Perhaps Americans have a romanticized image of Australia, but it seems like it'd be quieter than the US.

It's embarrassing being considered part of the "millennial" generation. They are very disrespectful and entitled, traits I probably display as well. That's what happens in an "everyone gets a trophy" world. One woman in a video I saw was so upset over Donald Trump winning the election that she pulled her pants down, took a **** in front of everyone, and wiped it on a campaign sign. A grown woman doing what a toddler might do. And speaking of chimpanzees....

Did you know that over 10,000 people voted for Harambe, that ape that was shot at the zoo earlier this year? And not because they care that he died; oh no, they did it to be funny because he's a running joke. I know 10,000 isn't that many people, but it goes to show that no one takes the governing of this nation seriously.

Haha I say nobody for president. Half the country didn't vote, so they must not mind if America collapses into anarchy. We're already heading that direction. Which is fine by me, I wasn't meant for this time or place. I'm so out of touch that the slang is incoherent to me. The music, fashion, humor....it all just falls short. I don't understand the point of any of it.

I miss the old days that I wasn't around to remember. Firelight, paper books, housework, and home-grown food. Simple wholesome stuff. Sure I like my mp3 player and a few video games, mostly kid games like Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon, but I only play 1-4 hours a week. And not Pokemon Go! People crashed their cars trying to catch Charmander while driving, as well as mugged and shot wandering around looking for Legendaries. Wait until people are stubbling around with virtual reality headsets.
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Oh yes are they loud! Other people will be right in front of the TV with the volume way up, and I'm way across the house hearing everything so clearly that my head hurts. I don't know if my hearing compensates for my bad vision or what. Perhaps Americans have a romanticized image of Australia, but it seems like it'd be quieter than the US.

It's embarrassing being considered part of the "millennial" generation. They are very disrespectful and entitled, traits I probably display as well. That's what happens in an "everyone gets a trophy" world. One woman in a video I saw was so upset over Donald Trump winning the election that she pulled her pants down, took a **** in front of everyone, and wiped it on a campaign sign. A grown woman doing what a toddler might do. And speaking of chimpanzees....

Did you know that over 10,000 people voted for Harambe, that ape that was shot at the zoo earlier this year? And not because they care that he died; oh no, they did it to be funny because he's a running joke. I know 10,000 isn't that many people, but it goes to show that no one takes the governing of this nation seriously.

Haha I say nobody for president. Half the country didn't vote, so they must not mind if America collapses into anarchy. We're already heading that direction. Which is fine by me, I wasn't meant for this time or place. I'm so out of touch that the slang is incoherent to me. The music, fashion, humor....it all just falls short. I don't understand the point of any of it.

I miss the old days that I wasn't around to remember. Firelight, paper books, housework, and home-grown food. Simple wholesome stuff. Sure I like my mp3 player and a few video games, mostly kid games like Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon, but I only play 1-4 hours a week. And not Pokemon Go! People crashed their cars trying to catch Charmander while driving, as well as mugged and shot wandering around looking for Legendaries. Wait until people are stubbling around with virtual reality headsets.
Yes...however, I just had my weekly evening repast with the Pastor at my local Baptist Church (I do this every Friday) and he knows I believe in and love the God of the Old Testament - I mean, Shiva/Jehovah...same thing, but I come unstuck at the idea of a human being (no matter how Divine) dying for our karma and rising again in exaltation....I just don't get the New Testament whatsoever and cannot 'dig it'...so he calls me a 'work in progress'. LOL

So, we discuss the whole idea of the 'world going to hell' and how the 'good old days' were better than now...and his reaction? "human beings have always been stupid and the 'good old days' were no better or worse than they are now - there are just more people now, so stupidity is more glaringly and blatantly obvious now.

He also couldn't get how I talk to God, yet still hate the world...he thinks that anybody who can talk to God will clearly see how everything else they witness is a delusion or an illusion......see that thug bash an old woman and steal her handbag...no, you didn't see that...you just imagined you saw that, but it didn't really happen...you just imagined you saw it....but see a beautiful rainbow, an act of kindness...a cute child or puppy....yeah, you definitely saw that....and no, your delusions don't condone the actions of others...they just re-enforce them in your mind so the delusions and illusions become more intense until you are eventually forced to realise you are just imagining it all...

Thing is, if I am going to 'imagine' I am experiencing all these 'bad things', I need to also imagine I am seeing all the 'good stuff' too, just to balance it all out...I mean, Maya doesn't discriminate between what we see as 'good' or 'bad' because it is all an illusion...but I ask you all....how does one even exist in society knowing it is ALL just a crock of bulldust, because ONLY God exists? I know I cannot pretend to be 'human' when I am not and I don't know how other human beings manage this...so I made peace with the 'I Am' of the Old Testament...but I said "If Jesus was the son of God, that means we are ALL God's Children"...then the pastor went on to say "yes, in essence that is so, but nobody knows it or realises it...so Jesus steps up to fill the void" and I'm like "I don't require a 'third party' to realise God loves me and the way to God isn't through the Son, but through the Heart"...Pastor says "same thing"...

We agree to disagree on many things, Hindu vs Christian, but he always says "how is your annoyance and frustration with the world working for you?" I mean it's not 'working' but it's also an unavoidable fact of life...to which the pastor says "more delusions....just ignore it...it doesn't affect you directly and they'll get their karma from it....the mere fact you let it affect you means they have won...and your disapproval condones their actions more than anything else does because that is what they want other people to do....it is still a beautiful world, even if you don't believe it is anymore".

So I am like "It is easier...MUCH easier for me to believe in God, than for me to believe the world is a 'beautiful place' because that would insinuate that Satan doesn't exist at all, wouldn't it?

The pastor simply said that "Satan doesn't exist. You are either 'with/a part of God' on a personal or conscious level, or you are not and don't believe or have faith at all. Those who believe in God will join God after they die and those who do not have an uncertain future...I won't say they will go to Hell, but they definitely won't be wherever God is, because they never believed in Him".

So, with that he told me to study 1 Corinthians 13 before meeting again next Friday....all that stuff about Love/God being patient, kind and gentle...I know the verse he is referring to...

It's just so lonely to live in the world but not 'of the world' because if not seen as a cesspool of human stupidity, it is seen as an illusion/delusion or Maya that leads us ever further away from Brahman....from the actual realisation of one's own Divinity...this is so hard to reconcile the 'human condition' with the 'Divine human condition'.

I wish I could be happy meditating in a cave for the rest of my life...just myself, all the Devas and the Great Deva (Maha Deva) and I can talk to the spirits too...but I miss human interaction...and I don't want to miss it because I don't need it, yet I have somehow convinced myself that I do....hence the conundrum.

As for Pokemon...I stopped playing after Crystal version and all the Eevee-lutions just became incredibly stupid...and they started naming Pokemon after common household objects because they couldn't come up with any better ideas.....Yu-Gi-Oh! was more my game back then...

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 09-12-2016, 03:46 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Yes...however, I just had my weekly evening repast with the Pastor at my local Baptist Church (I do this every Friday) and he knows I believe in and love the God of the Old Testament - I mean, Shiva/Jehovah...same thing, but I come unstuck at the idea of a human being (no matter how Divine) dying for our karma and rising again in exaltation....I just don't get the New Testament whatsoever and cannot 'dig it'...so he calls me a 'work in progress'. LOL

I keep pondering finding a good church to attend....Not that I'm what would be considered a good Christian, but the Bible definitely influences my beliefs, and it would give me an opportunity to chat with others who acknowledge God. Unfortunately, I'm afraid to go to church in this town because I'm afraid of bumping into kids I went to school with. I was the designated Freak that everyone bullied haha. I'd be trying to read, write, or draw in peace, bit the other kids would get in my face questioning every action or attack me from behind with thrown objects. Rather not risk seeing them ever again.

I'm not sure what to think of Jesus, but he sounds like a pretty cool dude. The Original Hippie haha. A great healer, prophet. and revolutionary who died for his people, and I don't even doubt that he rose from the dead. Stranger things have happened. But do I believe his sacrifice saved us from sin, or anything else for that matter? No. Our mistakes and flaws are our own responsibility.

Quote:
So, with that he told me to study 1 Corinthians 13 before meeting again next Friday....all that stuff about Love/God being patient, kind and gentle...I know the verse he is referring to...

It's just so lonely to live in the world but not 'of the world' because if not seen as a cesspool of human stupidity, it is seen as an illusion/delusion or Maya that leads us ever further away from Brahman....from the actual realisation of one's own Divinity...this is so hard to reconcile the 'human condition' with the 'Divine human condition'.

My Granny told me to read that too. I haven't yet, but I think I really should now. She used to be an intolerant "Bible-Thumper", but it seems she's grown spiritually along with me. We have a lot of illuminating conversations. Aside from the folks on this forum, she's the only person I can talk to about this sort of thing. It's like other people are afraid of me no matter how "nice" or "normal" I try to be.

Quote:
As for Pokemon...I stopped playing after Crystalversion and all the Eevee-lutions just became incredibly stupid...and they started naming Pokemon after common household objects because they couldn't come up with any better ideas.....Yu-Gi-Oh! was more my game back then...

Aum Namah Shivaya

Oh I sincerely hope you mean classic Yu-Gi-Oh. Not GX, 5Ds, or Zexal, but the older stuff with Yugi and Bakura. Which is now on Boomerang with the other "old" cartoons. I've been watching that and Pokemon since kindergarten, when the English dubs first reached the US. The whole "Ancient Egypt" thing is actually what first got me interested in history and anthropology.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Namaste.

Aum Namah Shivaya

I agree with the old ways too... seemed more solid. I don't know if the peasants would have thought so though. Speaking of which, in older times there might have been much more insulation between the classes because we didn't have everyone in the same room and allowed to talk. That is what the rules bought the people in high places. That isolation could be part of what you miss... you really wouldn't know because if you loved those lives you likely didn't have too much interaction to know what was going on elsewhere.

speaking of jesus, by his own admission he wasn't there for the people up in the heirarchy like some of us were, he was there for the peasants and generally the downtrodden.

So I think now, if what people have pleases them in little ways, give them a little break, down through history they haven't had much of anything for themselves. Very put upon, most people have been. Even now the people at the very bottom seem *very* put upon due to various economic and other restraints but they have actually been blessed in some ways.

Contrary to popular opinion the current societal rules *don't* benefit the rich and people in high places. They are very much biased toward the lowly and downtrodden. Yeah they can get more money and we are all sensitive to that... but other things have gone quite out the window... It isn't seen by people because of something else you said... people like to be together, like to consider things in similar ways.... and everyone has become accustomed to agree on certain self-admiring things which to me are obviously false. (incidentally what I jsut has a direct bearing on why I couldn't join a tradition)

So what, I don't like what people are doing? I've been through all that, arguing with God's design, and anymore I think of myself as like a petulant child who isn't getting his own way. I mean look at it, you don't see God whipping everyone into shape and making them follow the rules do you? He said what the rules are but left it entirely up to us how to deal with it. Or not. But noone ever looks at it that way. The rules are the rules and they are ironclad and you had better follow them or else. In your case the 'or else' is extreme disapproval.

But if God really thought like that, do you think he wouldn't act on it and rule with an iron fist?

That is the thing about god... he quite plainly said he is not at all like us, does not think like we do or act like we do or value the things we do...

But I do empathize with having to stay 'in' it because of the loneliness factor, that has been one of the biggest things I've had to face...
Old 10-12-2016, 04:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Oh I sincerely hope you mean classic Yu-Gi-Oh. Not GX, 5Ds, or Zexal, but the older stuff with Yugi and Bakura. Which is now on Boomerang with the other "old" cartoons. I've been watching that and Pokemon since kindergarten, when the English dubs first reached the US. The whole "Ancient Egypt" thing is actually what first got me interested in history and anthropology.
Of course. Bakura is my fave and I ran a Fiend deck...nothing beyond the Egyptian Arc of the original Duel Monsters series.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:40 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Of course. Bakura is my fave and I ran a Fiend deck...nothing beyond the Egyptian Arc of the original Duel Monsters series.

Haha you seemed like a Bakura fan. I never got to play the card game as a kid, didn't have any friends to play it with. By the time I did meet other Yu-Gi-Oh fans, sometime in high school, they were all so much better than me that it was pointless to even try duelling them. I've had a Fire deck for years that I never hardly got to use.

The image of a misanthropic Australian Hindu shaman who likes Yu-Gi-Oh is somewhat amusing. No offense.

Did I read correctly in another thread that you have children? Might they have any interest in carrying on your knowledge?