Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 17-11-2021, 08:28 PM
Seeker

Sufi Saint - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Many of his writings available online, free.

folks might also be interested in the Sufi Poets - Rumi and Hafiz...
Old 27-01-2022, 03:20 PM
Master
QUOTE 1 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaGoal4444

Many of his writings available online, free.

I just noticed your post from a while ago and am disappointed that it did not trigger any discussion as Hazrat Inayat Khan is an extraordinary being. I practiced under his son, Pir Vilayat Khan, in New York State many years ago.

I am hoping that you can post some of your favorite sayings from Hazrat Inayat Khan.

As you noted, "many of his writings are available online, free". Here is a link.

https://www.hazrat-inayat-khan.org/php/views.php
Old 27-01-2022, 03:28 PM
Master
In Vol. 1, The Way of Illumination, Sufi Thoughts (3. There is One Holy Book), Hazrat points out:

" The Sufi has in all ages respected all such books, and has traced in the Vedanta, Zendavesta, Kabah, Bible, Qur'an, and all other sacred scriptures, the same truth which he reads in the incorruptible manuscript of nature, the only Holy Book, the perfect and living model that teaches the inner law of life: all scriptures before nature's manuscript are as little pools of water before the ocean."

Old 27-01-2022, 03:29 PM
Master
One of my favorite quotes from Hazrat is:

"The ideal is the means; breaking it is the goal."
Old 27-01-2022, 03:51 PM
Well, I bought a book of his, Still Waters, just cuz of this thread!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-01-2022, 02:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, I bought a book of his, Still Waters, just cuz of this thread!
One of my favorite books is the biography of Hazrat Inayat Khan, as written by his son, Pir Vilayat Khan.
When I showed the book to a Sufi Shaik, he immediately said that Hazrat was a "Master of Masters".

https://www.amazon.com/Message-Our-T.../dp/0930872045
Old 28-01-2022, 02:37 PM
Master
From Vol. 1, The Way of Illumination, Sufi Thoughts (Section 9. There is One Truth):

Hazrat All says,
"Know thyself, and thou shalt know God."

This saying is also attributed to the Prophet Mohammed:

https://themuslimvibe.com/faith-isla...know-your-lord

EXCERPT:

Amongst the many profound sayings from the holy Prophet, perhaps one of the most intriguing of them states;

“One who knows himself, knows his Lord”.
Old 04-04-2022, 04:52 AM
Seeker

My introduction to Hazrat Inayat Khan was coming across a copy of The Mind World 1935 in a local book shop.
Fav quote is :-
Divine sound is the cause of all manifestation. The knower of the mystery of sound knows the mystery of the whole universe.
Old 04-04-2022, 05:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cally31
My introduction to Hazrat Inayat Khan was coming across a copy of The Mind World 1935 in a local book shop.
Fav quote is :-
Divine sound is the cause of all manifestation. The knower of the mystery of sound knows the mystery of the whole universe.

That's a really good quote.

On a related note, Hazrat indicated that creation begins with the activity of consciousness, which is vibration (seems related to "sound").

The Rishis of India also had an understanding of the mystery of sound as reflected in their choice of mantras.

Nice post.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:42 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
The Rishis of India also had an understanding of the mystery of sound as reflected in their choice of mantras.
Yes, they are powerful indeed. I also found listening to chanting very Stimulating on an energetic level. There is so much knowledge out there and many different ways its expressed, love it