Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 27-05-2018, 12:30 AM
Seeker

Awakening a kundalini

I have heard that the correct way to awaken the kundalini is to begin opening the upper first chakras, and then to move on to the basic chakra.

If you do not do this, kundalini can rise and unleash various problems.

Is this information true? What better way to awaken kundalini?
Old 27-05-2018, 02:52 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by trocacasada
I have heard that the correct way to awaken the kundalini is to begin opening the upper first chakras, and then to move on to the basic chakra.

You're in the wrong section for that question my friend.Do some research and post elsewhere
Old 27-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Master
The OP already did:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=122872

Getting no replies there, it was posted here.

I could answer it, but still trying to figure out how in the most simplest way...gimme time.
Old 27-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
The OP already did:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=122872

Getting no replies there, it was posted here.

I could answer it, but still trying to figure out how in the most simplest way...gimme time.

thanks i'll take a look
Old 28-05-2018, 01:12 AM
Master
Quote:

This technique is more about supporting you to find the answer, not telling you what is best for you.

If you can go into a meditative relaxed state, tune into your body in that state and ask it yourself. "In what area of my body, can I work with safely to begin with?". Just allow your awareness to lead you to the chakra as you sense and become aware of direction in this way. You don't force the flow of yourself in this way, more allow the flow of the question to move through your body, relaxed and aware. It will lead you more naturally as you need for you.

In this way your not following the masses, your listening to yourself and your own inner guide that knows best.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 30-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Master
Quote:

The answer is no.

Most traditions, non Buddhist will do pranayama techniques that work all of the chakras with one energy practice. Some go from root to 3rd eye, others from root to crown, while others go from crown to root.

Buddhism really focuses on the mind first. Developing deep levels of silence before they introduce tantric/energy methods.

The result of this method is you notice Buddhism has very little kundalini issues compared to other traditions that start of very quickly with energy practices. At the same time it is a slower means of purification.

Here is a little information.

Vase breathing (Skt. kumbhaka; Tib. རླུང་བུམ་པ་ཅན་, lung bumpachen, Wyl. rlung bum pa can) is so called because it involves holding or 'containing' the breath in a way that is analogous to a vase or container.

There are two quite different practices called vase breathing, and the differences between them are significant. There is the vase breathing practice associated with chandali or tummo (inner heat) meditation, and there is the vase breathing practice associated with tranquility meditation or mantra recitation.

When you practise vase breathing as part of chandali or tummo practice, because your intention in that practice is to generate physical heat or bliss, the vase breathing needs to be quite intense and energetic, whereas when used during meditation or mantra recitation it is more relaxed.
http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Vase_breathing

Chandali, I believe is the Buddhist term for kundalini.
Old 31-05-2018, 09:40 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
You're in the wrong section for that question my friend.Do some research and post elsewhere

Yes kundalini is from Hinduism, then of course with the western hippie movement which started in the late 60's, things like this associated with eastern yoga became popular in some cities (and music pop stars) in the west and a part of western culture and belief. So while kundalini is a part of hindu yoga beliefs, in the west all of this makes one hodge podge of belief. A westerner will take some Buddhism, some Hinduism, some Watts, Ram Dass, Krishnamurti, (who was against all religions) and form their belief system. But since a lot of posters here are western, I'd expect beliefs to come from many sources. A westerner can do Buddhist mindfulness, work on their Hindu kundalini, chant hare Krishna, then go to a Christian church.
Old 31-05-2018, 09:47 PM
Suspended

Quote:
What better way to awaken kundalini?

My answer is to be selfless, forget about kundalini or any idea or concept, then kundalini will awaken if it exists. The divine can come and work and be experienced when the ego is forgotten and put away. The real self does not need to be purified or improved as it is the divine itself. One merely has to enter into union with it by being selfless.
Old 31-05-2018, 09:54 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
Yes kundalini is from Hinduism, then of course with the western hippie movement which started in the late 60's, things like this associated with eastern yoga became popular in some cities (and music pop stars) in the west and a part of western culture and belief. So while kundalini is a part of hindu yoga beliefs, in the west all of this makes one hodge podge of belief. A westerner will take some Buddhism, some Hinduism, some Watts, Ram Dass, Krishnamurti, (who was against all religions) and form their belief system. But since a lot of posters here are western, I'd expect beliefs to come from many sources. A westerner can do Buddhist mindfulness, work on their Hindu kundalini, chant hare Krishna, then go to a Christian church.

Yes I know but I remember a discussion on Kundalini here in Buddhism and it was a war zone here at times and took away the peace of Buddhism.
The op has also posted in the "auras and chakras" section and has got some replies ... I think is a better spot for it as its a neutral zone
Old 31-05-2018, 11:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
Yes I know but I remember a discussion on Kundalini here in Buddhism and it was a war zone here at times and took away the peace of Buddhism.
The op has also posted in the "auras and chakras" section and has got some replies ... I think is a better spot for it as its a neutral zone
I also get the feeling we'll not see the OP again. Let's see if my intuition is wrong.