Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-03-2019, 03:11 PM
janielee

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate everyone's perspective and sharing. Very helpful

John32241, sky123, running - there is that "pragmatic" element of feeding the family for now - but much more importantly - KNOWING WHAT ELSE I CAN DO....

I'm interested in helping people, spirituality, maybe teaching/writing...Nothing I can really make a living off or know how to get started I guess (or maybe these are excuses )

Thank you again everyone

JL
Old 22-03-2019, 06:04 AM
Ascender

Hello janielee.

I guess the ideal for any of us is to be able to be "how" we are whilst doing "what" that "how" guides us to be doing.

When being how we are feels it cannot do what we are expected/told to do is when the dilemma of compromise makes its appearance.

I guess only our innermost knows when this point is reached, and that same innermost will continue to guide.

All the best. petex
Old 22-03-2019, 10:32 AM
Administrator
Just follow your instincts if it feels wrong then it is.

Namaste
Old 22-03-2019, 12:50 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
KNOWING WHAT ELSE I CAN DO....
What is it you're looking for? How do you scratch that unscratchable itch that just won't stop nagging away at you?

If you want to help people Spiritually, what does that mean to you personally?

I spent five years in a place I really didn't want to be but I didn't have a lot of choice really. It was either take the job or have my tail on the street, literally. Around the same time I was going through some quite radical Spiritual changes and that realm was opening up to me in ways that I couldn't have possibly imagined at the time. The Spiritual and the physical were very much reflecting each other at the time, there was something of a 'mini-reincarnation' going on. But what was also happening was that the Spiritual and the physical were juxtaposed and very much working together, the Spiritual and the physical were not opposite and not beyond reconciliation.

It was through the job I didn't want to be in that I could make subtle yet major changes to people's Lives, just by helping them find a little piece of themselves that they'd thought they'd lost. I understood how connections over so much time were not lost and discovered a Spirituality beyond the ideologies and theologies. I met one of the people a couple of years later in the street and that opened my eyes to so many things. He had convinced himself he wasn't going to gain a computer qualification because he was a lost cause, but I led him to realise that he was so badly wrong. I remember the look in his eyes but in particular the look in the eyes of his daughter. She realised something, in that moment.

You can help people to be Spiritual by just being you but you have to let go of the definitions of what "Spiritual" and "teaching" constitutes. You do it every day by the way you interact with people, the only question is how you interact and with what intentions and that sets what you teach them. Everybody learns from you, you learn from everybody. And one of the best contexts to do that is in a job where you can bring home the bacon, both in terms of financial security and Spiritually helping people.
Old 22-03-2019, 01:26 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I recently got offered a contract which would appear pretty good. But it is sales related, and my heart is not in it.

Intellectually, I would be stupid not to take it. But...I'm not excited.

Anyone been in a similar situation, or have any advice?

I work as a freelancer in multimedia, often for outfits whose objectives I don't strictly approve (marketing, for example). So I have to sell (myself, as in my soul in the colloquial sense). Even though much of the work is hack - I have to subvert personal expression to the needs of a client - I get some satisfaction from it. Even when I play music for receptions or occasionally weddings I have to kowtow to the client.

But the bottom line is I have to survive. So I accept my lot. It does interfere with my spiritual leanings marginally but I have a degree of control, I like a challenge and think it's the best of all worlds. It balances.

The alternative would be to go on welfare, sleep rough on the streets or become a hermit of sorts like living at my parents' home at their expense.

So, contingent on how long the contract binds you, why not go for it? It can't last forever and if the rewards are good you can set aside some for rainy days, as they say.
Old 24-03-2019, 04:24 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

If you are not excited about that sales job than most likely that opportunity is Not For You.

One of the things we all need to do more with our life is to Trust in our self and our inclinations, as I see these things.

John

John

The feelings increase i.e. non excitement but I need a job - bills/reputation etc

Any thoughts?

JL
Old 24-03-2019, 04:25 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I work as a freelancer in multimedia, often for outfits whose objectives I don't strictly approve (marketing, for example). So I have to sell (myself, as in my soul in the colloquial sense). Even though much of the work is hack - I have to subvert personal expression to the needs of a client - I get some satisfaction from it. Even when I play music for receptions or occasionally weddings I have to kowtow to the client.

But the bottom line is I have to survive. So I accept my lot. It does interfere with my spiritual leanings marginally but I have a degree of control, I like a challenge and think it's the best of all worlds. It balances.

The alternative would be to go on welfare, sleep rough on the streets or become a hermit of sorts like living at my parents' home at their expense.

So, contingent on how long the contract binds you, why not go for it? It can't last forever and if the rewards are good you can set aside some for rainy days, as they say.

Thanks Lorelyn for sharing your experience.

Yes unfortunately I will have to go for it anyway, in lieu of other choices. I'm hoping something else comes up.

:)

JL
Old 24-03-2019, 04:28 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
What is it you're looking for? How do you scratch that unscratchable itch that just won't stop nagging away at you?

I spent five years in a place I really didn't want to be but I didn't have a lot of choice really. It was either take the job or have my tail on the street, literally. Around the same time I was going through some quite radical Spiritual changes and that realm was opening up to me in ways that I couldn't have possibly imagined at the time. The Spiritual and the physical were very much reflecting each other at the time, there was something of a 'mini-reincarnation' going on. But what was also happening was that the Spiritual and the physical were juxtaposed and very much working together, the Spiritual and the physical were not opposite and not beyond reconciliation.

It was through the job I didn't want to be in that I could make subtle yet major changes to people's Lives, just by helping them find a little piece of themselves that they'd thought they'd lost. I understood how connections over so much time were not lost and discovered a Spirituality beyond the ideologies and theologies. I met one of the people a couple of years later in the street and that opened my eyes to so many things. He had convinced himself he wasn't going to gain a computer qualification because he was a lost cause, but I led him to realise that he was so badly wrong. I remember the look in his eyes but in particular the look in the eyes of his daughter. She realised something, in that moment.

You can help people to be Spiritual by just being you but you have to let go of the definitions of what "Spiritual" and "teaching" constitutes. You do it every day by the way you interact with people, the only question is how you interact and with what intentions and that sets what you teach them. Everybody learns from you, you learn from everybody. And one of the best contexts to do that is in a job where you can bring home the bacon, both in terms of financial security and Spiritually helping people.

Thanks GS!

And one of the best contexts to do that is in a job where you can bring home the bacon, both in terms of financial security and Spiritually helping people.

That is my dream - haha

Not only that - it's the only sane part of life almost [to me]

Helping them become free - from ego (I know you don't like the word); transcendence, beauty, love, life

Thanks for your comments and sharings,

JL
Old 24-03-2019, 04:29 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello janielee.

I guess the ideal for any of us is to be able to be "how" we are whilst doing "what" that "how" guides us to be doing.

When being how we are feels it cannot do what we are expected/told to do is when the dilemma of compromise makes its appearance.

I guess only our innermost knows when this point is reached, and that same innermost will continue to guide.

All the best. petex

I pray that my path is fine, and preferably (laughs) with no more roadblocks..

Namaste,

JL
Old 24-03-2019, 04:30 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Just follow your instincts if it feels wrong then it is.

Namaste

Yes my issue is the alternative in bringing home the metaphorical chest of gold..

Namaste

JL