Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 04-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Knower
When should I contact a medium?

My husband passed two weeks ago today and I'm overwhelmed with grief. I looked after him for several years and as well as missing his company and his constant chatter I miss the caring role. I'm worrying all the time wondering if he's alright where he is. People say he's watching over me but those are just words. I've had no sign yet that he's still with me and that he's ok. The only thing I can think of is to contact a medium or go along to the local spiritualist church to try and receive a message or some sign from him but is it too soon?
Old 04-08-2018, 03:28 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillity
My husband passed two weeks ago today and I'm overwhelmed with grief. I looked after him for several years and as well as missing his company and his constant chatter I miss the caring role. I'm worrying all the time wondering if he's alright where he is. People say he's watching over me but those are just words. I've had no sign yet that he's still with me and that he's ok. The only thing I can think of is to contact a medium or go along to the local spiritualist church to try and receive a message or some sign from him but is it too soon?

It's never too soon but please try to avoid setting your hopes too high.

No matter how close to you he may get there's no certainty he'll be able to communicate effectively via a medium. But there's nothing to say he won't be able to either! Individuals adjust to their new etheric surroundings at different rates. Some will adjust rapidly and others need more time to get used to them; they may not be ready to try to communicate for some 'time'. (there is no calendar or clock time the way we incarnates experience things) There are no hard-and-fast rules that govern these matters.

Perhaps you'll want to consider going to your Spiritualist church, sitting in the congregation or just in the audience at a demonstration of mediumship. Then just see what happens. If it doesn't bring the result you're hoping for the church may be able to help you find a medium you can sit with individually.

good luck
Old 04-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Knower
Thank you. There is a spiritualist church not too far from me. I may go there in a couple of weeks. They are non denominational and they work to bring all faiths together.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:32 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillity
Thank you. There is a spiritualist church not too far from me. I may go there in a couple of weeks. They are non denominational and they work to bring all faiths together.

my pleasure

Spiritualist churches, as you've pointed out, welcome anyone of any faith or of none. No faith, religion or belief is needed anyway when our loved ones communicate through mediumship. [Spiritualism is, incidentally, a registered religion but is unlike most mainstream religions and no adherence to what it teaches is required or expected.]

You can expect to be made welcome there without intrusion and can sit quietly by yourself or join in with whatever is happening. Healing is often available without charge and can help even if you don't feel you need it. It can be relaxing and calming in times of stress
Old 04-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Experiencer

Jillity your grief is strong I just want to cry for you. Often when those we love cross over it can take a little time for them to contact us. Did you talk to him about afterlife contact before he passed? It can take time like I said we all go through a soul healing process once we cross over and depending on why we crossed and the damage this earthly plain has done to us healing can take time. Since time does not exist in the ether they often do not realize how long they have been gone. These of course are my beliefs. What I do know though is that after they have crossed they come and go from us to visit. Not always when we call, but they do come and go. I wish you healing and I am sending you love.

Namaste`
Old 04-08-2018, 05:33 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
Jillity your grief is strong I just want to cry for you. Often when those we love cross over it can take a little time for them to contact us. Did you talk to him about afterlife contact before he passed? It can take time like I said we all go through a soul healing process once we cross over and depending on why we crossed and the damage this earthly plain has done to us healing can take time. Since time does not exist in the ether they often do not realize how long they have been gone. These of course are my beliefs. What I do know though is that after they have crossed they come and go from us to visit. Not always when we call, but they do come and go. I wish you healing and I am sending you love.

Namaste`

It's not always the case that we all go through a so-called soul healing process.

Individuals are at different levels of personal spiritual progression and some are almost immediately 'at home' after their passing. For them a return to the etheric is something they've done before, perhaps many times before, and is familiar. They don't have any soul healing or any other healing to go through but even then there's no certainty they'll be able to work effectively through a medium they're unfamiliar with.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:26 PM
Knower
I talked to him about the afterlife but he usually said he didn't believe there was one. Nevertheless he was quite sensitive and often saw people and animals from past times. He couldn't explain that. Once his grandmother came to him in a dream and it was very powerful. It was on the night war broke out between the UK and Argentina over the Falkland Islands. His grandmother said it would be bad but it wouldn't last long. That dream made him think a bit and maybe he did half believe in an afterlife but didn't want to admit it. When he crossed over I just wanted to go with him and keep holding his hand. I think he knew we were about to part. I told him I would see him in a little while.
A couple of weeks before he died he had a dream in which he was with some of our old friends on a private road not far from us. In the dream he looked round and saw his whole life stretching out behind him along the road. Everything he had done was being played out in different scenes. He was unable to tell me this but it was such a powerful dream he told another patient in the hospital. By the time I saw him a few hours later he had had a stroke that took his speech away. The patient he spoke to said it was a very positive dream.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:18 PM
leadville

I hope you make the contact you're hoping for.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:54 PM
Master
try to g to a spirtlastt churshh is best anser i can giv u iv bean goin to 1 for nelyy 6 mthss i hav iv lenr t a lot just coz sum 1 else got mesgae it still cud be for u if u do go to a sirtlah churh if a medim duz pic u al u hav to say yes no dnt giv thm info just ay ys yes no

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 04-08-2018, 11:08 PM
Administrator
I would advice you to go to a spiritualist church.but don't get your hopes up it may be to soon.saying that I have given messages to people about their other halves before they were even buried.some come through quicker than others.but as I have said before time means nothing in the spirit world.what you perceive to be 4 weeks they could see it as 4 seconds.
my husband made no contact with me and I am a medium for a good few months after he passed.

Namaste