Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Pathfinder
If God is seen as an impersonal energy, then God cannot reveal anything. If the impersonal energy is completely metaphysical even beyond the metaphysical itself. It's just an essence with no boundaries, yet centered in every being. A total paradox. Everywhere and no where.
Old 22-02-2019, 10:30 PM
Master

what is the significance of the figurines and carved images made in ancient times? in particular many represented female deity
Old 23-02-2019, 01:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
what is the significance of the figurines and carved images made in ancient times? in particular many represented female deity

I am no authority on ancient figurines, but the obvious symbolism of the various female deities is that of Mother Nature, which nourishes and sustains us all. The Mother gives birth to all things and provides abundance. In the absence of a convenient supermarket, the ancients were very dependent on nature and thus connected to nature.

Peace.
Old 23-02-2019, 02:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I am no authority on ancient figurines, but the obvious symbolism of the various female deities is that of Mother Nature, which nourishes and sustains us all. The Mother gives birth to all things and provides abundance. In the absence of a convenient supermarket, the ancients were very dependent on nature and thus connected to nature.

Peace.
Bunny rabbits and eggs ~ fertility. Hence the 'power' of Easter!
Old 16-03-2019, 01:27 AM
Experiencer
The story goes, that at some point in pre-human history, God decided to hide himself from the angels by covering his face, and the angels were in disagreement over what should be done now that God had gone missing. Some of the angels thought they should keep doing what God intended them to do, while some other angels took God's absence as a sign that they were allowed to do whatever they wanted to do, regardless of God's approval. The latter angels "fell" morally and became demons. In my opinion, God hid himself as a way of testing the loyalty of the angels, He wanted to know who He should allow into Heaven and who He should send to Hell.
Old 22-03-2019, 02:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Well, I believe in the Law of One, so my belief is that the creator doesn't make direct contact in the way you're describing because it does not wish to violate our free will, which is what you're suggesting it do. Think about it: If you KNEW there was a god, that would definitely impact your decision making, which would affect your ability to learn lessons that could only have been learned in a situation where you were uncertain of God's existence. So basically, your confusion is deliberate and self imposed for the sake of spiritual learning. That's what I believe.
Old 22-03-2019, 03:43 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Some simple people think that they will see God as if He were standing there and they here. It is not so. God and I, we are one. (1)

I am converted into Him in such a way that He makes me one Being with Himself-not a similar being. By the living God, it is true that there is no distinction ! (2)

3809 | Meister Eckhart

Yes, but what is forgotten is that you/me disappear, cease to exist, when that happens.
The common idea is that with that transformation I become more, whereas in fact I become less, and in the end nothing.

Other sayings from the Meister say that very clearly.
Old 22-03-2019, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolvingPhoenix
Think about it: If you KNEW there was a god, that would definitely impact your decision making,
which would affect your ability to learn lessons that could only have been learned in
a situation where you were uncertain of God's existence.
That is the newest thought I have ever heard.

Well, my input would be, I know God, up close and personal*, as they say.
And my ability to learn lessons are NOT effected at all! Oh boy...

Yes, you betcha my decision making is effected knowing God's Presence, directly...
any time I want like tuning to a radio station.
There are lessons that do not need to be learned anymore when you 'grow'.
If you already learned humility, say...that car crash that was planned in your blueprint before
coming here is checked off as: 'No longer necessary'.

* If you were new to me...things are a bit diff after meditating for 46 years now,
sometimes for more hours than some people can imagine in complete stillness, lol.
God is something speculated about anymore...yay!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-03-2019, 05:14 PM
Knower
i feel it's safe to say we are all from the same source and all connected to that energy. i think every path or religion would agree at here, it's like christians can feel god like an inner feeling they call the holy spirit and anyone with new age sort of beliefs would get that similar inner tingling or magical sensation. could the bigger picture at here be simply to tap in to that inner feeling that god source. ive seen people hinting you have to go 'within'
Old 22-03-2019, 05:33 PM
Master

Total absorption of attention at any vibration of selection ...

Example, anger ... in the continuum of time when enraged we become as one with anger itself ... there is nothing else ...

Now let us raise the vibration ... self serving egoic love ... not love really but loosely called love, seeking reciprocation or recognition ... lovers embracing, playing with friends without inhibition ... we are totally engaged in the continuum and there is nothing else

Let us raise the vibration higher ... we still/ silence association with all that is external, all thought associated with identity ... manifesting non-ego or let us say our true presence of childlike innocence and merge with Universal consciousness ... well, why would we do this unless we get to a stage by gradual progression when we choicelessly choose to do so voluntarily ... internalising our intuitive attention.

By the time we get to this stage, the question disappears because the questioner disappears. What appears then? The answer!