Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 26-10-2010, 11:45 PM
AnnoyingPony

Indigo Children do not exist

Indigo children do not exist. It's a fraud to make parents think that their kids who have trouble in school are metaphysically superior. Furthermore, the "indigo traits" people keep talking about are so vague that almost any child can have any or all of these traits at some point in time.

Another thesis commonly put forward by indigo children advocates is that they might be "mislabeled" as having ADD, ADHD, or some kind of autism spectrum disorder that makes them supernaturally gifted. I can understand why parents don't like the idea of their kids being labeled as "flawed", but if a child actually does have severe problems in school because of it, then they need parental and teacher support, not to be called "special", treated like royalty, and have it pounded into their heads that they're more evolved than everyone else.

I have ADHD. And let me make something very clear: It is not a gift. It's absolutely frustrating to be unable to focus on your work and to be sidetracked by everything going on around you. And having acute senses doesn't make you better at hearing things, it drives you nuts. Bonkers. Off the wall. Thankfully, my parents and teachers know of my strengths and weaknesses and we worked out a plan so that I can do my best in school. If your child is doing poorly in school for reasons other than simply laziness, PLEASE bring them to a psychiatrist. You will do yourself, your child, and your child's teachers a HUGE favor.

Furthermore, a lot of the things considered "indigo traits" to be encouraged in your "special" children are more likely to be symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, an actual illness that is actually recognized by the American Psychiatric Association. (http://www.skepdic.com/comments/indigocom.html)

I am not saying that everyone who claims to be an indigo child is a narcissist, but in my opinion anyone who pounds this metaphysical ** into their kid's head is certainly setting them up to act that way.

See this: http://www.theironskeptic.com/articl...igo/indigo.htm
And this: http://www.skepdic.com/indigo.html
Old 27-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Master
Yes I agree with you AnnoyingPony, but most here have made there minds up and nothing will change it, thanks for sharing.
Old 27-10-2010, 02:49 AM
earthprowler

i couldn't agree more. there is nothing mystical about a child who has some kind of disability. my son who is now 10 is ADHD, bipolar, oppositional defiant disorder, conduct disorder, learning disorder and emotional disorder. he sees a psychologist on a regular basis and a psychiatrist. he has had SEVERE problems in school and I worry about him moving on to junior high as I don't think he is mentally and emotionally ready, but there's the all knowing No Child Left Behind Act that the schools have taken out of context of what it was made for and just push them through whether they are prepared for the next grade or not. The last 4 years have been not so fun for any of us. The acute hearing is a big problem for him when he is in a regular ED class and causes lots of trouble as loud noises can take him to his knees. I could write a book on the frustrations we all go through.
Old 27-10-2010, 03:10 AM
Sangress

Anything aimed at isolating a child because they are "Gifted" is obviously going to cause problems with the child and others involved.

Personally I believe the "Indigo Child" phenominon is simply someone who has thrown together some vague and unrelated traits which may or may not mean anything spiritual, and then put a fake theory to go with it, some pretty colours to attract insecure parents and then thrown in an "Indigo Aura" to get a whole range of people involved.

When anyone mentions the name "Indigo" as a title for themselves or their child I ask them to explain exactly what an "Indigo" is within at least 3 basic sentences. Strangely most won't or simply can't do that because they actually have NO idea.

Though, if I ever meet a self proclaimed "Indigo" who happened to actually make some kind of intellectual sense and also have similar traits to a broad range of a group of people who all share the same belief prior to meeting one another. . . .then I may entertain the idea that indigos actually exist.

All I have to say to parents of Indigo Children is that they should not treat their kids as though they are "special" or "gifted" and that perhaps their children, and their own self, should seek some counceling or psychological analisis.
Old 27-10-2010, 05:39 AM
mahakali

Hello everyone, I'm 26 years old and I have A.D.D. Ive never been medicated for it. When I was younger I was a mess, school was terrible and I lost my parents faith in me by the time i was 17. I could not keep my focus, I forgot about everything. I became so desperate one day around the age of 22 I decided to stop and become aware of every action every thought every decision. Before I did anything I ran through in my head what I should do.

Something amazing and wonderful happened, I became a warrior, and concurred myself. I still have A.D.D i know because sometimes I slip up when in the comfort of my own living space, but hardly ever when it comes to important things. In fact I'm able to see others mistakes before they do, I'm the one that will not mess up because Ive had so much practice at doing it, and practice makes perfect. I'm also claircognizant, but this is not something that I experienced when I was a child. It came I believe because I became so aware of every little thought and action, and because I was trapped in my obsessive thoughts for so long I figured out a lot about the world, a lot about people. I became able to interpret feelings and energies and the world started to communicate with me.

Well I can honestly say that I love my A.D.D. I love my life. I'm such a happy person. I'm good at almost everything I put my mind to. I have an incredible amount of love inside me. If my friends need someone to be there for them who will give advise in a non emotionally attached way, that's me. I keep my thoughts in check and even though there's a lot happening in there I'm able to remember everything and conduct myself well. I'm a good judge of character, I'm strong and very easy going. I may be a little goofy but with a perfectly sound mind. They say people with A.D.D. will be the hero in a tense situation and that is true, because I have always had too much energy running through my veins I learned to live comfortably this way. I have learned to turn this so called disorder into a gift. I am able to think very quickly and thoroughly the answer just comes to me and the flow of my thoughts are constant. I seem to see many answers or possibilities and lot of aspects to many different situations. I am patent and do not act out in anger. I'm not trying to float my own boat here just trying to make a point that all A.D.D.ers are not the same. Einstein may have had problems that lasted into his adult years and many others have had difficulty's but i have seemed to overcome this difference.

Its a lot for a child to handle and hard for the parents, the tolerance that they will have to show will be immense. My mother was not patient and still scratches her head about the whole thing. I have been on my own sense i was 17 and Ive been through hell. I believe that if i have a child with A.D.D. and I teach them using kinesthetic learning techniques and be extremely tolerant and respectful allowing them to act and do respectfully, that they will make mommy proud. it may take a wile but i came around.

Learning how to control my mind and this strong aura has made me transcend the idea of what A.D.D. is supposed to be like. I wish my parents would get over their idea that Im not good enough for some reason they just gave up and always doubt me for years never seeing a change in me never giving me a second glance. This used to hurt pretty bad but now i could care less, finally Ive come to terms with it.

I know we are not all the same and it is so so hard to deal with. You may be right there may be no hope for most of us, but not all. I represent that small portion of warriors. Anything is possible.

Last edited by mahakali : 27-10-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old 27-10-2010, 04:01 PM
senta257

Well, I am an indigo, at least I've been told so by several people who can see auras. They told me without my ever asking or even knowing what it was.

I learned something more about indigos then and the description definitely does fit me a lot. Even though I've never had the slightest trouble in school (apart from hating it vehemently despite having excellent results).
I've also never been even suspected of having ADHD.

To me this indigo thing is like learning about whether one is extroverted/introverted, brain hemisphere dominance etc.
It's nice to learn something new, it might help me understand certain things about myself or meet people who might be dealing with similar issues.
But that's about it. I'm definitely not building my identity on that.

I can see where you're coming from though.
I also find it somewhat strange when people immediately talk about meeting their twin flame whenever they are somewhat attracted to someone or go through the dark night of the soul whenever they miss their bus in the morning or experience any other inconvenience of similar significance.

But that doesn't mean those concepts don't actually exist.
Just because some people misuse them, try to fit them to their situation at all cost or use them as an excuse for their shortcomings doesn't make them invalid.

I don't know, I just always prefer to keep an open mind and so claiming that something simply doesn't exist always sounds to me a bit like...doing the exact opposite.
Old 27-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Master
Mahakali-

Great story of success. I've always had this working theory that almost all "mental disorders" stem from unchecked energy from the crown and third eye chakras, and perhaps a blockage somewhere below those. It causes the energy to circle and circle and circle the brain. For some that becomes OCD, ADHD, schizophrenia, and eventually Alzheimer's.

Now I don't want to sound all New Agey here, but I also believe these are the tasks that humankind, as a whole, will need to solve--how to handle the extra energy without damage to the physical body. And each individual comes up with a unique solution.

Yours is particularly great, how you've handled it. I just went inside for a long time and still find that thoughts are rolling around all the time. It's not a bad thing, as you said, as it allows you to figure out a lot about human nature, people, things. Sometimes that can be lonely since not many get into that much thought, detail. I usually keep things to myself.

I'm not sure I yet understand how you willed yourself to change though. Can you explain more?

Thanks for sharing your story.

IsleWalker - Lora

Last edited by IsleWalker : 27-10-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 27-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Serenity Bear

Indigo children where said to be that by the colour of their auras, and thus not connected in any way to a medical or other factors in the physical. They may have things in common - ie common goals but thats about it.
Old 27-10-2010, 06:05 PM
mahakali

thank you IsleWalker

A lot of it was faith in myself and me setting my intention that I would be succesful. Even in the middle of an interupted thought I send my intention that I will not forget the original thought and I will not spend long exploring the distraction before I get back to the thought. I always get back to the original thought with more ideas that pertain to whatever im thinking about. This happens in seconds.

When working I tell myself ok remember that your placing an item here then I walk away and am able to remember the item later exactly when I need to. Sometimes I think it is magic, but then they say you can tell your self what kind of dreams you want to have or what time you want to wake up in the morning and for some reason it will happen.

I think the world works this way, you create your reality with your thoughts, you place intention in a way that makes it come to life.

I dont know if this could make sense to anyone else. Having faith and believing in the ability is the most important thing.

A psych told me not to medicate when I came to him at the age of 18, he reassured me that A.D.D.was not that bad for adults who never medicated. He explaind that learning to read between the lines is a skill that many A.D.D.ers have by force and that skill comes in handy more than you would think. He told me that femails usually overcome around the age of 23 and males a little later but that our brain learns like a childs or like a sponge from that point till the rest of our lives where a normal brain stops learning like a sponge at that age. Now I understand what he was saying. he was a remarkable psych. This is different for A.D.D.ers who medicate, they will always have to rely on the drugs, rather then the brain coming up with a fix on its own.

Like I said, I know all A.D.D.ers are not the same. your child may be different please don't take offense to what im saying.
Old 27-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Guide
I agree with you. Even if the child was indigo that does not give them an excuse to not do their school work. People just like sugar coating things to make it easier to deal with. If indigos were real I would qualify as one. But that didn't exempt me from doing school work. I don't think it's healthy to label your child special and more evolved than anyone else. The human ego is already big enough. It doesn't need to be inflated any more.