Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 15-11-2010, 10:15 AM
SunSister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra-violet
Hi SunSister, who's that in your avatar?

Hello. I'm not sure who it is, exactly.. found it somewhere online. I find that it is a picture that describes my connection with the mischievous, light-hearted nature of fairies.
Old 15-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSister
Many children often recognise me and connect with me straight away. It is not uncommon for me to be stared at, talked to or connected with in shops or anywhere else.
My mum has this too, some people just have an 'open' look. Others look more detached. Perhaps you are pretty as well.

I wouldn't give in to New Age books, they can tell us all sorts of things with their cold readings and Forer effects.
Old 15-11-2010, 10:47 AM
SunSister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra-violet
It's a beautiful picture. So would you say you mostly identify with crystal children's attributes / qualities?

Thanks. I mostly identify with those, yes, especially the sensitivity and the interest taken in things like crystals and the universal love concept. I once had an aura picture taken that showed just a tiny sliver of indigo mixed in with pastels, blues and an overwhelming white-crystalline presence. The man who took the picture was very surprised and told me he usually didn't see these colours in such brightness when it came to people my age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
My mum has this too, some people just have an 'open' look. Others look more detached. Perhaps you are pretty as well.

The funny thing is that many adults do not connect with me and often call me very detached and cold. Children seem to be able to penetrate the shield I place between myself and the rest of the world, but other people just don't do that. I don't think I'm that 'open', necessarily.
Quote:
I wouldn't give in to New Age books, they can tell us all sorts of things with their cold readings and Forer effects.

Very true, which is why I usually choose to read non-New Age things. I happened to come across the Virtue books by pure chance and seemed to connect with them on a very basic level. I'm usually my own worst sceptic, so anything I connect with in spite of that is quite meaningful for me.
Old 16-11-2010, 02:04 AM
Guide
Just to comment on what Sandalphon3060 said because it needs to be addressed since this thread continues to fail at remaining realistic.

It's fine to have beliefs.

They do make life more comfortable for most but if we are interested in the spiritual, which is something very real and objective within ourself, then we need to concern oursleves with knoweldge and not beliefs or we'll never know the truth about what's inside ourself because we are dreaming about fantastic ideas like "I am an indigo" instead of really looking into our actual psychology.

Quote:
"Now, Apakhana, I think it is a misstep to get rid of belief entirely" - because "Belief is what helped keep humanity civil and away from falling into depravity. Belief is what gives people value to their lives."

- Certainly, I see what you mean yet I think we hold different definitions - but it's not "belief" itself that keeps people civil, really it is objectivism which does. If everyone was uncivil to each other then we'd all suffer. That is not an idea to believe in, but rather something to look at and conclude from.
Quote:

"A world without belief would be a very unhappy, unproductive one indeed. Scientists would squabble endlessly or not trust that their own findings are of any significant value."

- I think a world without egos is what you are describing, not something devoid of beliefs.

On, science: Scientists have theories which they test. if they do not proof themselves, then they are inconclusive. Science does not go further.

Believing an inconclusive theory is not part of science. An inconclusive idea like Indigo Children has nothing as a basis from which to test and conclude from. It's something someone came up with to help sell literature.

Do people in this thread understand?

Like I said, believe what you want if it's your thing, but Indigo Children can be a damaging idea if we are using it to escape reality. This is my primary concern. I could see weird cults developing off this in the future.

In any case, all be well.
Old 16-11-2010, 03:17 PM
LightFilledHeart

On, science: Scientists have theories which they test. if they do not proof themselves, then they are inconclusive. Science does not go further.

Spirituality is not science.

Believing an inconclusive theory is not part of science. An inconclusive idea like Indigo Children has nothing as a basis from which to test and conclude from. It's something someone came up with to help sell literature.

Do people in this thread understand?

Like I said, believe what you want if it's your thing, but Indigo Children can be a damaging idea if we are using it to escape reality. This is my primary concern. I could see weird cults developing off this in the future.

It's sweet that you're concerned with others, but somehow you fail to see that your reality is not necessarily shared by everyone else. Live and let live. Your beliefs are your beliefs. Others' are theirs. Each is entitled to own what feels right and true to him or her from within their being. Recognize that what seems absolute to you might be folly to another, and grant each one the right to hold their own point of view. It's not your "job" to police the thread nor advise others on what to believe. All are capable of doing that for themselves. Food for thought.

Last edited by LightFilledHeart : 16-11-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 20-11-2010, 02:06 AM
Guide
Thanks for your response.

We have to see that there is a science behind what people widely define as spirituality though! We may call it occult science, we may call it psychology also, but if an individual says "science and spirituality have to be separate" then there's some understanding missing from their consciousness.

When people see something or experience something they do not understand or if that something appears to operate outside the known laws and rules of accepted science, then those people tend to proclaim what they have seen is a "miracle!' or it's "magic!" it's "Divine intervention!' etc... see what I'm saying?

Now, I'm not trying to police a thread I'm just trying to figure out how people can invent coincidences so easily then say it's the truth.

Quote:
somehow you fail to see that your reality is not necessarily shared by everyone else.

Lol. Well, yes I know it's not shared and that's the point:
  • If one is aware of something that other people are not aware of, and see they are making an error which could be potentially harmful to their psyche if real spirituality is truly a goal, then I definately have to try to bring it to the light of realization at least. I hope anyone in such a circumstance would.
What is the nature of reality? It contains both the subjective and the objective; However, a major psychological flaw in all of humanity is that us semi-intelligent mammals often mistake one for the other, blurring the line between what is tangible - real and what is noncoporeal - idea.

Well, I'm done trying. Godspeed on the devil's thunder to all.
Old 25-06-2011, 04:04 AM
WarriorOfTheLight

I did the exercise sudjested above to see my aura, my being dissapears and I fade in with the wall behind me. I do not understand. Litteraly my whole physical being dissapears I can see strait threw myself. Is this common? I saw my first guide when I was 7 standing over me in my bed. I watched it walk out my door, well threw it. I also have dreams that always come true. I had a seer tell me I was a crystal child. The next sentince he said I was a warrior and my destiny was great. I'm from Asheville, NC. I need to summon my guide. Is this possible. I have a calling and I feel a strong pulling in my subconcious to take action. Is there anyone else out there who's experienced this?
Old 25-06-2011, 04:06 AM
WarriorOfTheLight

Contact me at [email protected]. all advice is welcome.