Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 14-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Experiencer
"There is an ever growing resentment towards our educational systems. My word for that is "evolution".

I encourage compassion for those who came before you who really are not able to understand what is required to educate the present day children!!!"

Not everyone is so disparaging and dismissive of teachers and the education system. My local school, which is in one of the poorest towns in the country, has an excellent record of producing happy, well rounded and well qualified children, many of whom go onto university, and many of whom have represented their country in sports, the arts and media. The school and its teachers are respected by parents, pupils and the community. Perhaps it's only in the affluent west where you'll find such a negative attitude towards education, because my Polish, Pakistani and Indian friends all believe in the importance of a good education for themselves and their children.
Old 16-05-2014, 01:57 AM
Raven Poet

Folks, I know "labels" are sometimes limiting and can be seen as new-agey ... but they also help us in our journey to understand and know ourselves.

So while you might feel impatient or irritated with labels, I think it's kind to respect the labels people give to themselves in their journeys to self-discovery and understanding.

Believe me, as an Anishinaabe woman, I have had labels, and used them, all my life: "Indian", "half-breed", "Native", "First Nations", "Aboriginal", and "Indigenous". I've used them all in my explorations of my identity - who I am as this beautiful spirit manifested into physical matter in the here and now - and now I carry the label, "Anishinaabe". At least it is my ancestral language I am using to define myself. Then when I get to the next stop in my journey of self-understanding and I find another label, I'll try that one on for size next.

Ultimately, we are all "spirits" - whatever that may mean to each of us individually!

To TheGreatestYet: I am glad you found, and are loving, this website. Welcome!

And to lil Jean, the original poster: Enjoy your journey of self discovery! It's an exciting ride, and only you can tell what name, label, or identity fits best and best describes and honours you during your time on this earth.
Old 16-05-2014, 03:06 AM
Phantasmic Fox

So then you agree that these names are rubbish for the most part? By such logic, it seems that I myself am Indigo, I am Crystal, I am a Star Child because I say so, not by rite of birth. I agree, I just don't take kindly to such childish and frivolous games... Especially when I see adults jumping on the bandwagon. I find it incredibly hard to respect a full grown man or woman who thinks they're an Indigo because they put themselves upon a pedestal, they are sensitive to their surroundings, they want to change the world, and so on. Every human by nature may possess the supposed traits of an Indigo. People are constantly changing.

It seems like most people who suddenly realize they're spiritual beings having a human experience immediately jump right into the whole "twin flame" and "indigo child" philosophy, with hardly any knowledge to back up their theories besides gut feelings and matching themselves with apparent symptoms.
Old 25-06-2014, 10:12 AM
bebeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
Folks, I know "labels" are sometimes limiting and can be seen as new-agey ... but they also help us in our journey to understand and know ourselves.

So while you might feel impatient or irritated with labels, I think it's kind to respect the labels people give to themselves in their journeys to self-discovery and understanding.

Believe me, as an Anishinaabe woman, I have had labels, and used them, all my life: "Indian", "half-breed", "Native", "First Nations", "Aboriginal", and "Indigenous". I've used them all in my explorations of my identity - who I am as this beautiful spirit manifested into physical matter in the here and now - and now I carry the label, "Anishinaabe". At least it is my ancestral language I am using to define myself. Then when I get to the next stop in my journey of self-understanding and I find another label, I'll try that one on for size next.

Ultimately, we are all "spirits" - whatever that may mean to each of us individually!

To TheGreatestYet: I am glad you found, and are loving, this website. Welcome!

And to lil Jean, the original poster: Enjoy your journey of self discovery! It's an exciting ride, and only you can tell what name, label, or identity fits best and best describes and honours you during your time on this earth.

I totally agree. As much I refuse to be boxed, I can also see how labels can help people (me) get a sense of who they are and where they belong. it doesn't mean we are "only" what the label says... maybe it's more like a "flavour" of something, amongst other things. Raven poet, I enjoyed your reply very much.
Old 25-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatestYet
I'm a living God. I have a gold soul.

Trust a gold to say that.
Old 25-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Master

Well, the people who can see auras can tell if someone is indigo, lavender, whatever by just looking. Each color has certain shared characteristics.

People with violet auras have been the leaders of the earth for the last few centuries, and now indigos are stepping up to take over the leadership. I, personally, would like to know how they operate if they're going to be setting future global agendas.
Old 28-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatestYet
Im currently in school right now.... I'm a junior in high school.. I know way more than any other student that attends this school.. maybe even teachers. I LOVE THIS SITE!

You evidently aren't too hot on English.

Old 28-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Experiencer
Oh crickey!

What if all the 'indigo's' actually know lessthan everyone else?
Old 28-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Night Owl

(Removed by the Author...)

Last edited by Night Owl : 28-06-2014 at 11:46 PM.
Old 28-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Deactivated Account

I think true Indigos are rare. The label is used for every kid these days.. but I don't think labels themselves are bad. I identify as an Indigo but the label does not identify me. It's just something that fits, really, that's it.

As for the OP's original question 'what now?' Just be yourself. There's nothing special you have to do or fulfil. Everything is just about being yourself. Labels do not define you.. they are good for understanding though.