Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 04-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Occultist

I never shove a pill down a persons throat dear. but if my child has Cancer she would go to a hospital and get treatments, If my child had ADD or ADHD and couldn't sit down and relax I would get him or her help if they couldn't concentrate at school or be the best they could be. I would ask about holistic approach get second and 3rd opinions but if all the diagnoses was ADD or ADHD I am going to take the word of a doctor not a self proclaimed psychic that before she even wrote this book or theory Indigo didn't exist.

to each there own I guess.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
I never shove a pill down a persons throat dear. but if my child has Cancer she would go to a hospital and get treatments, If my child had ADD or ADHD and couldn't sit down and relax I would get him or her help if they couldn't concentrate at school or be the best they could be. I would ask about holistic approach get second and 3rd opinions but if all the diagnoses was ADD or ADHD I am going to take the word of a doctor not a self proclaimed psychic that before she even wrote this book or theory Indigo didn't exist.

to each there own I guess.

Excuse me if I offended you in anyway, it was never my intention. When I said "shove a pill down a person's throat" I was just using an expression and wasn't intended for you, I was talking in a general sense.

I always seek medical care as the first option may it be for me or someone else, I just find very helpful to combine the medical treatment with other more holistic aproach very helpful.

In the case of psychiatry is when I find relying only on the doctor's diagnose not that helpful, I have been experiencing it first hand for fourteen years, thus it has shown me how sometimes the pills are not as helpful as they may seem, and how there exist some other kind of treatments, like cognitive behaviour therapy more useful and long-lasting. That is why if I even have children I would like to try some other ways before giving them medication, since I have had to live with the bad effects for so long, and like I said I just can't stop taking them, the experience is similar to quitting an ilegal drug such as heroine.

Again, forgive me if any of my words caused you any discomfort.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:49 PM
geminilite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikagirl
You are a hundred percent right, just have in mind that it is very hard for a little child to not perceived themselves as a victim.

As an adult is way easier to rise above it, although for some I guess, at least me is hard to do without getting "agressive", I mean verbally agressive.

Of course I know it is the wrong way, I try hard and have succeeded to not react that way, except when I feel too heavily attacked.

and yes your absolutely right , thats why its so important for us that are parents to make sure we teach our children to beleive in themselves and to recognise their own worth and explain that there will always be people who will challenge who you are.. but ultimately its up to us to make sure we are the best we can be.. and as long as we are doing that and not hurting others, then it doesnt matter what others think, but yes i agree its not easy when you are very young..

I was lucky, I was taught 2 valuable lessons by my father from a very young age.. one what it is like to be abused physically, verbally and emotionally... and two, on his good days... how to be strong and stand up for myself... lets say i had plenty of practise with the 2nd with him... Not that i regret any of it in the slightest though.. I am grateful.. it made me so much stronger..

I didnt have contact with him for 15 yrs .. but now we are best friends and he realised his mistakes and is wonderful now... but thats a whole different story for another time lol

as for the verbally aggressive.. lol i used to get so angry when i was younger.. I don't intimidate easily and have a roar loader than you'd think it possible ... but I found a way to channel that energy into more positive things...great that you have managed this as well to a degree.. dont give yourself too much of a hard time when you don't.. sometimes it does just burst out... what i found helps me .. is do i really need to prove my point to this person when i know they wont get it anyway.. if its a futile argument .. then its wasted energy.. walk away and find something that makes you feel GREAT

blessings x x x
Old 08-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Occultist

Thank you for sharing Gem seems we have a little in common. :)
Old 09-02-2012, 11:20 PM
geminilite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Thank you for sharing Gem seems we have a little in common. :)

I take the good from it and forget the rest ...