Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 03-07-2019, 04:30 PM
Pathfinder
What happens after we die?

Like the title of the topic, what you believe will happen or happens after we die? Do you believe that we are going to a better place? Heaven or something similar? Or do you believe we just slip into another life and if so, do you think we have anykind of control over into which life we slip, or some deity or system make this transition for us automatically? Or do you believe in something totally different...?
Old 03-07-2019, 04:39 PM
Master
Atm I believe in reincarnation. Where we have some part to play in which life we choose to come into. For soul progression. What I don't understand is why it takes so many lives to do this though. It's not hundreds but thousands of lives.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:50 PM
Master

Hi meetjazz

You will find numerous discussions on this in the Death & The Afterlife section.

And you will find that people on this forum have all sorts of ideas and beliefs on the subject.

Rather than just gathering a load of different opinions, I suggest you read some of the literature available - NDEs may be a good place to start.

One day we will find out for ourselves.

Peace.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Since we are all stardust, I believe it's possible to become one with the stars and/or continue to exist as a part of the universe itself, although without a consciousness of our own.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Atm I believe in reincarnation. Where we have some part to play in which life we choose to come into. For soul progression. What I don't understand is why it takes so many lives to do this though. It's not hundreds but thousands of lives.

Good afternoon JosephineBloggs

Sting, Shaggy - Just One Lifetime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNobqcfLb2Y
Old 04-07-2019, 07:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon JosephineBloggs

Sting, Shaggy - Just One Lifetime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNobqcfLb2Y

Good arrfternoon Muffin, hope you're having a good day

Love it! Boombastic!

Or, Sting - A Thousand years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePfoBCMSpUY
Old 05-07-2019, 03:08 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjazz
Like the title of the topic, what you believe will happen or happens after we die? Do you believe that we are going to a better place? Heaven or something similar? Or do you believe we just slip into another life and if so, do you think we have anykind of control over into which life we slip, or some deity or system make this transition for us automatically? Or do you believe in something totally different...?
Hindus believe in reincarnation/rebirth. The subsequent births we take are based on our accumulated (sanchita) karma. Some jivas (souls still bound in samsara, the cycle of rebirth) that are spiritually advanced can choose their own subsequent birth. Sometimes the Gods, or a God will override the workings of karma and rebirth and liberate the soul.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:27 PM
Deactivated Account

I am not sure, I'm pretty agnostic about it all, but I'd hope the Goddess would take me to a nice place if there is life after death since I'm really devoted to Her.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:42 PM
Master
Michaals Newton's Ph.D,'s book, Journey of Souls (which includes many hypnotic regression session transcripts) has the most detailed description of what 'happens' after folks die that I have come across.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:46 PM
Guide
In my view, after we die, we simply 'cease to be' and return to the universal consciousness from where we came - then incarnate through someone else. Where they have their own life experience from their perspective, without any preconception or precognition. So as the universe we therefore exist eternally through everything that comes into being.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking