Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 27-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Loukgob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docha
Don't be so quick to down play it. I have believed my youngest an indigo from the time she could crawl. I haven't gi en her 'special' treatment, but the tips and tricks out there have helped me immensly. When others have pushed me to medicate her, I changed her diet. When others wanted counceling I bought her oil paints.

Without the label, I would not have a happy pretty well adjusted child. I would have been lost.

In cases like this I can only agree
The worst people to judge a label are the psychiatry. I believe the majority of psychiatrists and other doctors to want the best for everyone, but I don't believe their labeling system always helps, especially when it comes to people diagnosed with ADHD/ADD/Asperger etc etc.
I don't believe medications to be the best solution. And I don't believe there's something wrong with these children/people.

I know so many Aspergers and ADD/ADHD, and though they may differ from the majority of people in some small ways, like not knowing when it's "time to be quiet" or "when to say what", hasty aggression or other small social "misbehavior" (compared to the norm...) , they can also be the winners in so many other situation. Like for example self-honesty, Openness, no wall against emotions, loving with true compassion or bigger things like a complete different perception of the world as a whole in a spiritually positive way etc etc.

And again this labeling system makes these people "sick", since they are not equal to the norm, and the majority will always be "right" in the eyes of the majority.
And this is quite world-wide. Some people I know have claimed that people in Buddhist countries like Thailand don't suffer from mental illnesses, depressions and anxiety the same way we do. Well, I live 50/50 in Thailand, and they do suffer as much as us, but there it's even worse, cause although they may almost be free from a labeling system in this manner (except insane/not insane, or depression/not depression etc...) they instead ignore the different people (except those who have strong handicap which they take pity on), but for example someone with a lighter form of Autism will probably be viewed as just weird for all his/her life and people will simply avoid him/her.
We have a woman that used to take naked showers in the fountain not far from our building, and there wasn't a soul who saw her, she's just "baa"(crazy) in the eye of the Thai and will probably never be seen for who she is. The only way to reach out there without being labeled as crazy is to go through Buddhism and speak through the words of Buddhism.

When I was a kid I was in a Waldorf School (Rodulf Steiner/Atroposophy School). My teachers thought I may have ADHD/ADD or something else and took it up with my mom, and they decided to check me, but not to the usual psyche-doc but this one was connected to Waldorf/Antoprosophy somehow (I don't know how, I was so young and can hardly remember, and haven't asked that much about it afterwards).
After some questions and some speaking with that guy I in later years got to know that he came to the conclusion that I was not a ADHD/ADD kid, but a Melancholy, whatever that's supposed to mean. I'm not sure he's right or wrong. And I feel perfectly fine except my balance is out of shape even though I train yoga daily (I'm crossed-body or whatever it's called in English, left footed and Right handed, and that may be a reason to my problem with balance on one foot for example, I don't know, only my own theories)

Well to make a long off-topic story short, I agree that there are cases when these new labels may be good and handy and more true, compared with the old ones that may have been given. But I still believe labels overall to be a waste of time and to in the end create more confusion, distraction or egotism. And that goes for all labels of us based on being and behavior or just living.

Two good quotes:
"If you understand, things are just as they are....
If you do not understand, things are just as they are..."

and

"The quieter you become, the more you can hear"

First, how we label people doesn't change them, so it would be better to just accept them for who they are, which seems too hard for the norm.
Secondly, it may provide more distraction, and my Zen/Mindfulness/Tao way of view tells me that it may close our openness towards ourselves and instead take written words and connect ourselves to them, and by that miss some parts of who we truly are as well as add some part from the new label we just found.
We are all unique, and still we are all basically the same...
Old 29-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Indigo Student

If you do enough research, you wil find that there is a genetic mutation common among the Crystal Children generation (which I am not). This is not abnormal, nor is it "special", it is simply evolution and it is always going to happen. Ever met someone with Autism? Can you drink milk without lactose intolerance? Well, that's a genetic mutation too. It's as simple as that.