Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 27-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
How is the shadow self involved with unpleasant NDEs? Have you ever met someone who had an NDE and is able to confirm that? If so, that would be very interesting.
If the shadow self hasn't been accepted, it'll show itself in all sorts of ways.
No, I've never met anyone that has had a NDE. Like you I've watched interviews. I can't confirm because I've never had one. But they make sense to me.
Old 27-05-2019, 10:57 AM
Master
Oh, and you also come across as highly intelligent and interested in learning about things most your age wouldn't be interested in. Did you mention about a book you had read/reading in another post? Or was it the author of your signature quote?
Old 27-05-2019, 11:01 AM
Master
Pps, a good sense of humour too. With a hint of sarcasm. Can't beat a bit of sarcasm
Old 27-05-2019, 11:05 AM
Master
Ppps, a good bull poo detector as well.

Watch your head when you try and get through the door Must always be mindful of that.
Old 27-05-2019, 12:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for your kind words, those other things may be true as well. I didn't mention anything about a book, I just like the quote in my signature and decided to use it because it reasonates with me and a lot of people I interact with in my daily life.
Old 27-05-2019, 12:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for your kind words, those other things may be true as well. I didn't mention anything about a book, I just like the quote in my signature and decided to use it because it reasonates with me and a lot of people I interact with in my daily life.

I've thought of another couple of things. You admit when you're wrong and you are also good looking. You really did hit the jackpot on this one.

Yes, you've faced awful adversity, but you wouldn't be where you are now, which by my reckoning is a bloody good place!

Wonder if the quote guy has any more profound or inspirational words.
Old 27-05-2019, 08:34 PM
Knower
Quote:
Although I don't believe in god and angels, the afterlife is still a possibility for me because we understand so little about it, even when scientists claim that NDEs are all hallucinations. Many who've had NDEs change for the better, and you don't just suddenly become a different person thanks to some hallucination. However, there may actually be cases where NDEs are hallucinations, but we just have to separate the hallucinations from the real experiences.

I've read many NDEs and that tells me that there is at least something that lives on after physical death. But the thing that still bothers me without end is to why a select few people have fundamental Christian-type NDEs involving a wrathful angry god, demons, and hell, whereas most people tend to have NDEs that are different or at least a combination of various religions. I don't know what I am supposed to do with all the information I gathered about the afterlife.

As for god, he/she appears in different ways. Sometimes as a wrathful entity hellbent on punishing sinners, sometimes as a kind and all-loving being that doesn't Judge anyone. Either god exists and likes to pull jokes on us, or he simply doesn't exist and is the imaginary part of a near death experience.

I hope things cleared up for you as to why I found my place in the 'middle ground' as you describe it.

I don't necessarily believe in gods or angels either, at least not in the typical Abrahamic or New Age sense. There is God with a capital "G", Spirit with a capital "S", which is simply the whole of all matter, energy, and spacetime in the Multiverse. The word "multiverse" being a misnomer, as it is still one interconnected Universe. Every world imaginable is out there somewhere, some with comprehensible "rules" like Earth, but some worlds beyond our comprehension or perception. This particular God is omnipotent and ever-present because it is everything within and without all of....everything. We humans and our science can only perceive so much of this, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Then there are "gods" with a lowercase "g" and "spirits" with a lowercase "s". These gods, angels, and spirits are one in the same: what you might call a soul, individual little pieces of existence in the inconceivably massive Universe. Just like us, other animals, plants, aliens, planets....The meaning of the word "existence" being up for debate. Most seem to agree our energy and matter must go somewhere after our animal bodies decompose, but vastly different perceptions of death and energy result in often contradicting explanations. These explanations will probably never be fully proven as our brains and technologies will never be fully capable of studying them.

Assuming spacetime is not truly linear outside our human perception, we don't really come from anywhere before birth or go anywhere when we die. We already are and always will be. Likewise, there is no true progress, advancement, evolution, ascension, enlightenment, or truth. We exist in innumerable dimensions, wavelengths, levels of consciousness, etc in our Earthly life, and we exist in different dimensions, wavelengths, levels of consciousness, etc when we die. Any hierarchy among gods or men is illusory as everything else.

But indeed, humans and most other animals on our planet perceive rules and hierarchies, however fluid. We perceive spacetime as linear and change as evident. We perceive beginning and end, good and bad, cost and benefit, life and death. We have leaders, servants, heroes, villains, gods, and demons. Above all, we seek to know the unknowable and find meaning in the meaningless. Perhaps plants, aliens, and spirits experience something totally different, but we are coded to live through a fairly consistent set of physical and psychological laws particular to our kind. For better or worse, for all our contradicting views, our experiences are similarly limited by chemistry, gravity, and quarks. This is probably as it should be, otherwise it simply would not be.

Even if life after death is our own personal hallucination, it is no less real than our current world. Only beyond our grasp right now.

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Old 07-06-2019, 02:55 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by edithaint
Uh....to live? Our species evolved over millions of years. Our ancestors, millions more, inexorably bound to all life on this planet. Every plant, animal, and mineral has shaped us into what we are now, just as we have shaped them into what they are now. No earth will support us better than this here Earth. No air will breath into us, no water will quench us, no meat or green will feed us, better than the air, water, meats, and greens of our native planet. Earth may not be made for us, but we are clearly made for Earth. Or else we wouldn't be here. But of course we're here to learn and grow, if only to make life a little more worth it. Even rocks grow.

Sorry to sound a bit cavalier. :)

I loved reading this.

To be connected to all our relatives as the fire, rocks, water, green we can see in a sacred manner.