Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 08-12-2017, 05:15 AM
Knower

But I really don't want to live in some stupid high tech Blade Runner metropolis in my next life, and I won't! I'm going to avoid being reincarnated into the late 21st/early 22nd century, like the plague!
Old 13-12-2017, 05:05 AM
Master
I like this century quite a lot myself!!!!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 13-12-2017, 08:51 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
I like this century quite a lot myself!!!!!

You must be from a parrellel universe where things turned out better than they did, here.
Old 13-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
You must be from a parrellel universe where things turned out better than they did, here.

Not sure why you would say things have turned out so bad......

How can you not see that we are currently living in a "golden age"???

People live longer and healthier than ever before in human history......opportunity is everywhere.....opportunity to do what you want to do.....go where you want to go....make as much money as you care to make.....be want you want to be.

Education is free for everyone in this century....not just the wealthy and elite.

Even the poor have a place to live and food to eat....why?? Because in this century we take care of the poor to an extent that we never have before.

In spite of all the doom and gloom you might see on TV....compared to centuries past....we live in extraordinarily peaceful times!!!!

Hell yeah!!! I like this century just fine!!!

Old 13-12-2017, 09:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
I really can take this century, anymore! I think I was better off, if I was born in 1948, instead of 1988. Theoretically, it would be 1977 right now; if I was born in '48. The internet and social media are destroying mankind as we know it. It's like the world just keeps getting worse and worse.
Have you watched Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris"? One of the ideas of the movie is that every generation, at some point, is nostalgic for a past era they imagine was better to live in. The mnovie's main character travels through time and find out that people living in an era himself nostalgic for, are in turn nostalgic for another previous era, disliking and being disappointed with the theit contemporary times.

Adapt and survive, or don't and you'll die ... of disappointment.
Old 13-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Master

Quote:
... In spite of all the doom and gloom you might see on TV....
I agree: media is the culprit for much of our malaise. A "less media" diet makes wonders!
Old 13-12-2017, 10:05 PM
Knower

Quote:
Not sure why you would say things have turned out so bad......

How can you not see that we are currently living in a "golden age"???

People live longer and healthier than ever before in human history......opportunity is everywhere.....opportunity to do what you want to do.....go where you want to go....make as much money as you care to make.....be want you want to be.

Education is free for everyone in this century....not just the wealthy and elite.

Even the poor have a place to live and food to eat....why?? Because in this century we take care of the poor to an extent that we never have before.

In spite of all the doom and gloom you might see on TV....compared to centuries past....we live in extraordinarily peaceful times!!!!

Hell yeah!!! I like this century just fine!!!

How is this a golden age? Cartoon Network is doing just awful this year and the network is almost dead, thanks to Teen Titans Go, also speaking of animation; it's not doing that great this year, thanks to garbage like The Emoji Movie; among other things, The internet might lose it's freedom tomorrow if Net Neutrality is killed off for good. Cyberbullying on the web is out of control. Then there's the whole thing with North Korea threatening to nuke us. Seriously, 2007-2014 was more of a golden age than now, and that's saying something! Hell, 2010 was miles better than 2017 by a long shot! At least animation was starting to get better. Over 7 years later, and it's repeating the same mistakes from the dark age of animation from the 2000s (2004-2009).

I look back at 2007 and used to think it was the worst year of my life. I eat my own words. I mean 2007 may have been a decade ago, but life was much better back than (besides animation) video games were better, TV was better, you didn't have too much social media ruining our lives; YouTube was so much better than today, save for garbage like Fred and The Irate Gamer. The only negatives for 2007 was animation and music and that's pretty much it. The Virtual Console (which is one my favorite Nintendo services) was 10X better, where nowadays Nintendo just doesn't even care about it. Back in 2007, they really cared about the VC and we were seeing an average of 2-3 games a week like from the NES, SNES, N64, and Sega Genesis libraries and so on, but 10 years later in 2017, they forgot that it even exists!
Old 14-12-2017, 12:30 AM
Master
Soooo......your quality of life is determined by electronic toys and movie animation?????

All I can say is wow!

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 14-12-2017 at 02:17 AM.
Old 14-12-2017, 02:46 AM
Knower

Quote:
Soooo......your quality of life is determined by electronic toys and movie animation?????

All I can say is wow!
Well, I'm not part of the friggin' Amish.
Old 14-12-2017, 03:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Have you watched Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris"? One of the ideas of the movie is that every generation, at some point, is nostalgic for a past era they imagine was better to live in. The mnovie's main character travels through time and find out that people living in an era himself nostalgic for, are in turn nostalgic for another previous era, disliking and being disappointed with the theit contemporary times.

Adapt and survive, or don't and you'll die ... of disappointment.

Yes. Good film. Worth a look.