Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 10-02-2018, 10:18 PM
Experiencer

how do you meditate if you have alot of energy?

like lets say you just got a full nights sleep and your body and mind wants to get up and go.. how do u meditate witbout feeling sedentary or like u havent been moving around as much?
Old 10-02-2018, 10:38 PM
Knower
I've got a good one for ya. This is something I use at any moment in time, no matter what I'm doing.

There is a witness, to all appearances.
Thoughts, senses, your entire experience is the appearances. They are the witnessed.

Let's look at the witness of those experiences.

You can turn your mind's eye inward, turn your focus inward, and you should reach a void. Pull your focus into the void. You realize that no matter what you are doing, you are this unchanging, uncaring void.

When I say "uncaring", ironically it is in a state of constant love with the appearances. Intimitely close with the appearances. But NEVER affected by the appearances.

Whatever you are doing, take a moment to notice the void. Take a moment to notice that YOU are the void. By doing this, you enter a state of stillness, no matter what is going on. Your body and mind can still act as they need to, but YOU are always the still, silent witness. It's kinda like you are watching a movie but you have nothing to say about the movie, you are just watching.

Just take moments to notice this. Over time it becomes like a meditative state that you can carry around with you anywhere.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:08 PM
Master
I find it much easier to enter a meditative state while running as oppose to just sitting. I'm more likely to enter a calm, passive state where i'm just observing my thoughts and emotions, what's going on around me and inside me.

If i'm just sitting, its likely i'll end up daydreaming or falling asleep. Even walking outdoors is better for me. I don't have a technique as it pretty much happens naturally.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraIndigo
like lets say you just got a full nights sleep and your body and mind wants to get up and go.. how do u meditate witbout feeling sedentary or like u havent been moving around as much?

The answer may be simple! Find a better time for you to be still. Use your physical energy and "burn some off" first. Exercise, go for a 4 mile walk, or do physical work, and then you are ready to spend some time in stillness.
I don't feel the physical body and its natural needs is something to be "conquered" or fought against. Honour those needs. Then the mind can turn inward if that is what you wish.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:26 AM
Knower

I'll echo ocean breeze's comment: Meditation comes more easily and naturally to me when my body is occupied with some kind of activity -- stretching, doing rote chores, things like that. I do sit and meditate too, but usually I have a specific reason - a question, a connection - for that kind of stillness.

Meditation can take lots of different forms and can happen under a variety of circumstances. When you really need the kind of meditation that requires sitting still and your body is unwilling to cooperate, like Tobi said, it's probably best to simply pay attention first to your physical needs. Sounds like morning isn't a great time for you to meditate, and there are no rules that say you must do it then.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:46 AM
Master

Why do you feel you need to meditate? Like if you are in a good mood just go off an have a good day. If you are not do some exercise to make you feel better. The body loves to move, and if it is full of energy that is the best meditation for it So maybe it is a matter of finding the right output? Tai Chi and Strala are good moving meditations by the way
Old 11-02-2018, 04:48 PM
Master
There is a form of walking meditation which might work for you. It comes from the Zen traditions. Maybe try it?
http://anmolmehta.com/a-beginners-gu...ng-meditation/
Old 11-02-2018, 10:10 PM
Master
I see you have gotten much helpful advice here from members. :)

I practice a form of sitting meditation called Zazen. The meditation itself involves the meditating, where one can focus on breath, I find I not always focus even on breath. Essentially it is a meditation without a focus, no focal point. Idea is to reach silence and stillness in a way of purity. Many sit when doing this. The idea is to let thoughts, or bodily distractions (or any distractions really) come and go, no mind or noticed payed too much to it, as opposed to having to feel the need or want to fight the thoughts in order to reach the silence, the purity of the meditation inspires instead to acknowledge the thoughts/ distractions and to let them go, as fighting something only brings one's attention more to which one is fighting.

I have found I have been able to accomplish this form of meditation while sitting, standing, and walking.

I do not need absolute physical quiet around me. I do not find physical noise distracting when I meditate by way of Zazen as I have intentfully practiced in noisy surroundings to reach the same state of internal quiet I would if I was meditating with no surrounding noise.

So say I am standing in a busy bustling subway station surrounded by other people all talking among each other at once, and the noise that goes in hand with groups of people, and I am waiting for the train/ bus, I still could be able to achieve the level of internal quiet, while standing, and with high level of distraction.

My point is it is entirely possible that if you wish to be busy and doing something while you meditate, with practice, there is no legitimate reason you should not be able to.

There is also no reason that if you wake up chalk full of energy and want to do something or get some things done that you should feel you should have to postpone this and meditate first. Unless that is your time set out specifically for it, and if that is the case, you can act and meditate while doing so it is very possible.

Sufis practice a type of whirling physical meditation practice, as well as other peoples. Yoga is a type of physical meditation practice. There is also no legitimate reason you couldn't be able to take a mundane task such as cleaning, and use that for a physical expression of meditation. It wont look anything near to Sufi whirling on the outside, but internally could be just as profound.

As for your question title I am not sure if you ask in regards to yourself and your own energy or not.

But personally for me, when I wake up fully awake and beaming with energy- this actually is the perfect time for me to meditate, simply because I feel good.

With your own meditation times, and ways and practices what is relevant to you is relative to you- meaning whenever you want to meditate is the right time to do it. You decide how and when. The most we can do is offer suggestions, our own thoughts and advice.

And you don't have even have to listen to any of it in the end anyway if you wish not.

I only feel that it is important that you meditate when and how you want to. Because then it is coming from a place of your spirit soaring because you are doing it the way you want to and because you want to.

But, you shouldn't have to.

Those are my thoughts.

All my best.