Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 07-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Love&Light

What are the right assertions to make in life? (relationships)

Should I trust no one?

Should I embrace everyone?

What am I supposed to do with myself? I really need help with this, I'm finding it UBER PERPLEXING!

I understand attraction and I know I should be offended if negative things are brought to my attention. We are divine and beautiful, the positive is ours, the negative does not apply. Since we attract what we focus on, this is only whats right anyway.

But what about my relationships with others? Whats the done thing? Should I try to love everyone? Or should I trust no one?

****For those of you who say 'you should love everyone' lets not pretend that others don't wrong us or harm us in this life****

I thankyou and I love you for your thoughts in advance!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Enya

There's an awful lot of 'shoulds' in there... nothing is manditory, nothing is set in stone. Use your common sense and learn how to apply compassion and unconditional love. Most of all, love and trust yourself. The rest will follow.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Love&Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
Most of all, love and trust yourself. The rest will follow.

My own 'self love' should come first do you think? If I can't like myself then nor can others sort of thing..?
To tell you the truth I live like a hermit, although I am married (happily) My relationships with friends and family turned sour a long time ago... should I learn to trust them again? Or am I just inviting them to batter me all over again?
Old 07-03-2011, 12:29 PM
mattie

Loving Others Doesn't Mean Putting Up With Abuse Or Disrespect

TRUST your self & your judgment. Accepting self comes first. When we have a healthy self esteem if others choose to treat us poorly it will be viewed as their issue, not ours.

Being based in love & Oneness doesn’t mean that we have to or SHOULD abandon our discernment. We & others are at all levels of our/their journey. Being based in love means that we all realize our interconnectedness being all on the same journey. It doesn’t mean we are obligated to be a doormat to those who would treat us poorly. We can love the person for their humanity & place they are in w/ their journey, but be firm about insisting that we be treated respectfully.

We have many options between the polarity of all or nothing in trust completely or trust no one. Interact w/ friends & family if you want to. Not if you don’t want to. Relationships are a 2 way street & can be on all levels of interaction.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Love&Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
TRUST When we have a healthy self esteem if others choose to treat us poorly it will be viewed as their issue, not ours.
Being based in love means that we all realize our interconnectedness being all on the same journey. It doesn’t mean we are obligated to be a doormat to those who would treat us poorly. We can love the person for their humanity & place they are in w/ their journey, but be firm about insisting that we be treated respectfully.

I've liked what you've pointed out there, I think I'm somewhat disturbed at how life has treated me.. I can remember as a boy I felt great love for everyone..and I want to get back to that.. I must really..
I understand attraction now, I understand that the more I insist people maltreat me, the more they're going to maltreat me!
I think perhaps I'm feeling very hurt and I don't know how to make the hurt go away.?

I thankyou again for your interest!
Old 07-03-2011, 02:15 PM
glenos

When life has kicked you into touch in so many ways including in relationships the natural thing to do is drop the shutters. After a while you come to terms with what it was all about and you look within for the answers to "life" and what it taught you up until the time you shut down. Some time later you feel the power that you are.. spirit power. Now let them diss you, break your heart, and take you to the cleaners. Guess what, you want to tell them everything.. the whys the wherefors and the reasons. This is your spiritual power.. earned, forged in the fire. So now they cannot hurt you, damage you or take away the power of the spirit within. In my words "you have arrived". A shining soul, ready willing and able. Take this what you have and give to others. Indestructable, relentless and without end. This is your Spirit talking.

Ok enough already!

G.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:34 PM
blackfellawhitefella

yep

our ability to respond , is certainly 'forged by fire'

having experienced , as most , i'm sure , a similar song line ... at the end of the day , i can only be me

and be me i shall

now , comfortably.

'know thyself'

Old 07-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Master
love all others, the world, etc with charity, and be detached,be non personal about it... love closely only those who are close to you, your family, your significant other, etc., generally speaking, there is no way to avoid some degree of attachment, but even with your close ones, detachment can be necessary at times depending on the situation and intent of yourself and others...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 07-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love&Light

My own 'self love' should come first do you think? If I can't like myself then nor can others sort of thing..?
To tell you the truth I live like a hermit, although I am married (happily) My relationships with friends and family turned sour a long time ago... should I learn to trust them again? Or am I just inviting them to batter me all over again?
It's less about 'sefl love' and more about self respect, but it is true that if you don't like yourself, then that is what you show to others and they will in turn act upon that impression.

Your relationships turned sour... so ask yourself why? Are they deserving of your trust? Would they respect you more now than before if you showed them a different person? (Bear in mind that families especially tend to put you in a box and rarely accept that you could be someone different... )

What did you show those people about yourself? Remember, you can't change them, only yourself - so have you so far? Are you willing to make the change, to open your heart again? Are they worth it or are you better to look to new friends and 'family'?

This above all things... to thine own self be true.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Knower

What beautiful replies... really lovely xx