Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 08-10-2018, 02:16 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Go back and reread what I said.....I said exactly that....that while we are made to eat just about anything edible that clearly eating junk is not the healthy way to go.

I'll dismiss the rest as you interjecting vegan propaganda into a conversation about junk food and spirituality.

In your original comment you conflated a 'healthy diet' with being an omnivore who can eat anything. I was addressing that aspect of your comment.

Considering that we are speaking on a VEGETARIAN/VEGAN page, interjecting MY OPINION on that topic is completely appropriate especially in view of you interjecting an inference that eating meat is healthy.

Perhaps if you don't want to hear the vegan opinion, you should stick to other topics that appear elsewhere.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
Sorry about the strong words like eating dead flesh, but I got a bit wound up with peeps coming on to a veg/ vegan section of a spiritual forums and saying stuff like we are omnivores, why would you do that unless its a wind up.
Some of my close friends and family eat meat I do not have a problem with that. But some times I feel I need to speak up and say my bit when I feel my vegie brothers and sisters are being disrespected.

Peace

Nice to know that I'm not the only one who 'noticed' the conflation of meat/omnivores/healthy eating....on a vegetarian/vegan thread.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
Nice to know that I'm not the only one who 'noticed' the conflation of meat/omnivores/healthy eating....on a vegetarian/vegan thread.

Hi Debrah .

Thanks for the solidarity.

It means a lot, in this crazy old world he he
in places where others do not.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:36 PM
Master
What is wrong with being an omnivore?

Even so I don't agree on that point, it is through constant manipulation from the outside, by many races and beings, on many levels that we ended up the way we as the human race ended up. But this only as I side note.
What I try to say is, even as an omnivore on this level of development we can make choices, specially in regards of our food source. And this choices can be conscious or unconscious. In line with our development or not.
And if you feel someone is trolling your threads, and you want them to go away, don't feed them.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:17 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPearl
This may be a complicated question but if so I was wondering how I can add this on to my everyday life. If junk food is bad for spirit (speaking in terms of whether it may be because I don’t know) is it okay to have it occasionally? Or should I just stay away from it altogether. If the answer is yes junk is bad I’d possibly like to know which junk foods are bad so I can better myself. :)
My parents eat meat or fish almost daily. I eat what my parents eat. My friend does not eat meat. Yet none of my family nor my friend has the spiritual experience. Disbelief is usually the response of talking out and open.

Without the massive amounts of different nutrients found in fish and meat I surely would not have grown as strong and healthy as my body did.

One problem with junk food is that it is often meat without much solid fat, that is the unhealthy part. Eating lots of foods that lack fat can make the body believe we are experiencing hungry times. The logical way for the body to respond is to convert anything it can into fat and await more abundant times. This is a very recent insight spread by some scientists and when I think about it, it kinda makes sense.

Surely what we eat changes our perception sometimes a bit and sometimes a lot. But in the end, you can feed a bear all the grass you want, it will always remain a bear.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:38 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dagmar_
My parents eat meat or fish almost daily. I eat what my parents eat. My friend does not eat meat. Yet none of my family nor my friend has the spiritual experience. Disbelief is usually the response of talking out and open.

Without the massive amounts of different nutrients found in fish and meat I surely would not have grown as strong and healthy as my body did.

One problem with junk food is that it is often meat without much solid fat, that is the unhealthy part. Eating lots of foods that lack fat can make the body believe we are experiencing hungry times. The logical way for the body to respond is to convert anything it can into fat and await more abundant times. This is a very recent insight spread by some scientists and when I think about it, it kinda makes sense.

Surely what we eat changes our perception sometimes a bit and sometimes a lot. But in the end, you can feed a bear all the grass you want, it will always remain a bear.

Just curious and I don't care if you stay or not, but I gotta ask...why are you here promoting your meat eating on a veg/vegan thread?

And by the way, being an omnivore also means that you can eat and be healthy by only eating plants. For example, did you know that if you have heart disease, diabetes, MS, obesity, fatty liver disease and even some cancers, eating ONLY a balanced diet of plants will reverse the disease process? But a high meat diet will kill you. The average age of mortality for the Inuit of Northern Canada and Greenland is around 68 which is 13 years sooner than their peers in Southern Canada and wherever autopsies have been done (even in the case of accidental deaths) the dead show signs of significant heart disease.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
Just curious and I don't care if you stay or not, but I gotta ask...why are you here promoting your meat eating on a veg/vegan thread?

And by the way, being an omnivore also means that you can eat and be healthy by only eating plants. For example, did you know that if you have heart disease, diabetes, MS, obesity, fatty liver disease and even some cancers, eating ONLY a balanced diet of plants will reverse the disease process? But a high meat diet will kill you. The average age of mortality for the Inuit of Northern Canada and Greenland is around 68 which is 13 years sooner than their peers in Southern Canada and wherever autopsies have been done (even in the case of accidental deaths) the dead show signs of significant heart disease.

You really have to consider the social determinants of lifespan, including poverty, mainly, but recent cultural anhilation is almost certainly a significant factor as well. We have similar lifespan issues of Aboriginals in Australia, confounded by a range of determinants including addiction, mental health and a range of statistically disproportionate social problems.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:44 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPearl
This may be a complicated question but if so I was wondering how I can add this on to my everyday life. If junk food is bad for spirit (speaking in terms of whether it may be because I don’t know) is it okay to have it occasionally? Or should I just stay away from it altogether. If the answer is yes junk is bad I’d possibly like to know which junk foods are bad so I can better myself. :)

For me the answer is no in my experience, but if you believe it will be a factor in yours, do what feels right to you.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:59 AM
Master
Cat

Quote:
I don't real'y see eating dead flesh or fake food as making us open to spirit, yes it is complicated as it is personal,,,,,,,but some junk food some times i'm sure like other peeps say is ok and can be good for the soul, crispy chips, ice cream choc un nuts, pizza, and all yummy stuff.

He he I have already said sorry about something In the above quoted post but there's another thing I have noticed.
I mention ice cream and pizza which always contains cheese so sorry if any vegans felt a bit....... i'm a vegie who does not eat meat fish or eggs.
Part of me feels I should be vegan but tbh I really love organic cheese where as dead meat and fish and eggs I can not even look at let alone eat.
in places where others do not.

Last edited by Pagandell : 11-10-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:30 PM
Knower
Quote:
Sorry about the strong words like eating dead flesh, but I got a bit wound up with peeps coming on to a veg/ vegan section of a spiritual forums and saying stuff like we are omnivores, why would you do that unless its a wind up.
Some of my close friends and family eat meat I do not have a problem with that. But some times I feel I need to speak up and say my bit when I feel my vegie brothers and sisters are being disrespected.

Peace

Pagendell. Why on earth are you apologising for using terms like dead flesh? This is exactly what it is my friend...dead slaughtered against their will flesh and if people dont want to hear your compassion for all beings that is their place in their own life path.
You however are on a different path and should never apologise for your compassion for all living things... it is noble just and beautiful....