Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-06-2019, 11:59 AM
Seeker

biblical characters

any of the biblical characters in the bible, were their remains ever found? a friend of mine showed me a meme picture it says they can find the remains of dinosaurs but can't find the remains of any well known biblical characters. have you ever wondered about this? it makes you think about if there is any evidence other than what's in the bible.
Old 15-06-2019, 03:06 PM
Master
The bones of the Apostle Peter are said to have been found and are kept somewhere on the grounds in Vatican City.
Roman Catholics consider St. Peter to have been the first Pope and they revere having his remains at the Vatican.

St. James remains are said to be at St. James Church in Spain.
St. Paul's' remains are said to be at St. Paul's Church in Rome, Italy
St. John's remains are said to be at St. John's Basilica in Ephesus, Turkey
St. Mathew's remains are said to be at the Cathedral of Selemo in Italy

You can find everything I have written here on the internet, and a lot more of the Biblical characters remains,
and where to find them, are also listed at various websites online. They found these remains a long time ago
and most of them died in Rome or somewhere else in Italy, and are buried in the crypt of various churches.
Old 15-06-2019, 06:18 PM
Master

If people would read about how the apostles of Christ died, they would know that they really found the Truth.
Old 15-06-2019, 10:20 PM
Master

As Starman says, the bodies of particular saints may have a long association with a particular place, but these tend to be the exception.

There are problems with the authenticity of many relics. If a church had a sacred relic then it would attract pilgrims which would bring money to that church. So relics were in high demand, and the demand was greater than the supply.

From a random website:

Holy relics were highly sought after by churches. The remains of saints were said to have miraculous healing powers and churches used the relics to attract worshippers and bring prestige. The relics included pieces of the True Cross, Judas' pieces of silver and bones from saints. There were so many relics floating around that one church in Paris had three crown of thorns, another said it had one of Christ's baby teeth and yet another possessed an "authentic relic of the Lord's circumcision.”

Crusaders brought back two heads of John the Baptist and it is said there were enough pieces of the true cross to fill the hold of a good-size ship. Touching the true cross was supposed to give people the power to bring back the dead.

It is difficult to take any of it seriously, particularly with regards to Jesus' foreskin.

Peace.
Old 15-06-2019, 11:53 PM
Master
It is true that we do not have the DNA, or other identifying factors, of biblical characters,
including Jesus. So the authenticity of these claims to have certain remains of saints,
or Biblical characters, are often based on faith, or scams to attract further gain,
as iamthat has said.

I also support what ThatMan has said about how the apostles died. The stories are testaments
of faith. Although, it has been proved that a large amount of what people take as fact today,
in many countries around the world, began as myth. Still, I believe faith is very important.
Old 16-06-2019, 02:46 PM
Seeker

oh right i didn't realise they had something, ill have a look at this, i might something in the style of a documentary at youtube. jesus is a mystery to me and im thinking possible 'walk in' like he was there for a purpose in a very cruel and dark time. it's mind baffling where he can just disappear and no trace if the earthly body, it doesn't seem possible.
Old 16-06-2019, 05:26 PM
ImthatIm

Lets say there are remains.

Then it will just progress into "how do we know they are real?"

Then if we are convinced the remains are most likely real then comes.
"How do we know that is what was actually said?"
Then maybe " How do we know that is what was meant?"

It seems to be a silly game.

Here is another game.

The Rocks of Gods temple are there. What's that mean?

Jacob's well is there. What's that Mean?

River Jordan is there. What does that mean?

The shroud of Turin is there. What does that tell you?

My whole point is Spirit is there, why not investigate the Spirit.
Old 16-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Guide
The Tomb of Ramses II is well documented....very clear biblical character there
Old 19-06-2019, 01:30 PM
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...cience-higham/

Bones of John the Baptist in Bulgaria?
The Bible says that Sarah, Abraham, Isaac, Rebekah, Leah and Jacob were buried in Hebron,
in a cave called the Cave of Machpelah, purchased by Abraham (Gen. 23).
Traditionally, this cave has been located in Hebron, today a Muslim mosque.

The cave was explored by the Augustine Canons in 1119,
at which time they claim to have found the bones
of the Patriarchs.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-06-2019, 06:06 PM
Guide
I heard that the grave of Joseph was found and is well marked.