Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 13-04-2022, 11:19 PM
Newbie ;)

Where to go from here...

Hello.

I haven't been here in a long while. I hope you are all well.

The question I have is difficult to put into words for various reasons. I would like to talk to someone who I imagine is a high level meditator regarding experiences surrounding the anja (forehead) and crown chakra.

It is difficult for me to know who I should reach out to regarding experiences which have remained with me for quite some time, not only in a figuritive but quite literal sense.

I should explain, after considerable progress in my meditation practices and understanding I have been fortunate in finding considerable positive emotional and psychological effects. Some of these although positive seem quite unexpected and at the same time do not lend themselves easily to conversation.
These effects persist (again unexpectedly) but I really do not know how to realise them fully. There is so little information readily available out there and I keep hitting a point where I'm told to 'consult with my teacher/guru' but I have none.

I feel a bit adrift as my knowledge as to what to ''with'' this.

I'm sorry to be cryptic.

Are there any experienced meditators out there I could talk to? Perhaps with some knowledge of Buddhism/Hinduism and the experiences / effects one may have from sustained mediation?
Feels like the kinda thing I should be asking a guru, but I have none nor do I seek any. I'm not religious but have a Buddhist/Hindu/Daoist philosophical view. Dunno, just thought it could be useful to know...

I really appreciate your help guys and gals. Thank you

Last edited by TannersHatch : 14-04-2022 at 12:27 AM.
Old 14-04-2022, 04:41 AM
Master

I had some experiences with altered states of consciousness from various meditations but I just lost an interest in them. Now I'm after something more inclusive of each waking moment of my life. Also now days "God" tells me what to do so I don't decide anymore. I've just surrendered. "His will be done." Not in the micro sense in the larger sense. Of course I decide various things at one level but the bigger flow I just accept what is given. What else could I do? It is out of my hands. That's how I see it anyway. I here mostly for a "given" experience. My say in what I experience.....I don't believe in that anymore. Not up to me at all.
Old 14-04-2022, 09:03 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I had some experiences with altered states of consciousness from various meditations but I just lost an interest in them. Now I'm after something more inclusive of each waking moment of my life. Also now days "God" tells me what to do so I don't decide anymore. I've just surrendered. "His will be done." Not in the micro sense in the larger sense. Of course I decide various things at one level but the bigger flow I just accept what is given. What else could I do? It is out of my hands. That's how I see it anyway. I here mostly for a "given" experience. My say in what I experience.....I don't believe in that anymore. Not up to me at all.
Hi Maisy, thank you for your reply.
I'm happy for you and the path you have discovered. I agree finding a way inclusive of daily life is very important. I am fortunate in that my mindfulness training has helped enormously in aiding me to carry a state of mind from my meditation practice into a more 'moment by moment' daily experience.
''meditation is not isolated from daily life, it is all inclusive'' J Krishnamurti

The experiences I refer to are not something I am conciously focusing on, at least not deliberately. And in fact I did as you suggest at first, ignored it. I still do largely as to focus on such would hinder me in my mindfulness and could easily result in me coming up with my own potentially delusional ideas on the experience. Regardless on my not focusing on this however the experience persists, in the long term.
My research suggest this is not at all unheard of or, at a certain level even uncommon. But understandably I feel, not really openly discussed.
I like your 'his will be done philosophy'. Indeed I share a similar perspective in some ways when I decided to give myself over to love and compassion, and be guided by such (when I'm centred enough, or are able to conciously make such a choice, not always so easy). I agree that it is an fantastic relief to 'go with the flow' as you say and allowing your self and your direction (if you need one) to be guided by such. Especially after a lifetime of doing otherwise. I was rubbish at organising my own life, never got me anywhere, but realising there was nothing to protect and therefore nothing to worry about...that was blissful.

Kundalini (prob spelt wrong) meditation seems to be more open when discussing some of these experiences. It's not talked of much in Buddhist circles that I can discover, although I'm sure it's there. That's the thing these experiences lend themselves to not being discussed. For good reason I know. But I had hoped understanding and full realisation of them would come on its own. This I find is not the case and although I understand it more, I still desperately want to talk to someone who shares this experience. ....partly to reassure myself I'm not just delusional.

I appreciate your thoughts and comments on this. Thank you