Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 05-05-2018, 03:39 AM
traceyacey12

Why is science important when the universe can just step in and do its deed?

So this is probably a weird question - why are we so concerned with the advancement of science (I'm thinking of research for disease for example) when the universe can just step in and do stuff for the highest good? Is there a limit as to what the spiritual world/universe can do for us... is that why we have to fend for ourselves? This might sound naive, but I used to treat molecular biology as religion before I was introduced to the spiritual world. One thing that happened to me was that when I was asked to leave my job that I had to work so hard for in science, my boss was giving me a chance to apply for other jobs while still working for her but I couldn't do it because every time I would go to look for a job online, I would get nauseas and found myself unable to do it.But it was only for the moment I wanted to apply for jobs. I could chat with psychics with no problem. Now I think the universe wanted me to take a break from work so I can go through my dark night of the soul/ awakening. Can the universe just step in just as it did with me for everything else? With disease, etc? What's the point in pursuing science if the universe can step in like that?

Thanks and looking forward to your replies :)
Old 05-05-2018, 05:20 AM
Ascender
The Universe cannot cure cancer, it can't keep a roof over your head (sometimes it even takes the roof off from over your head). It doesn't give us cellphones, the internet or computers.

You know what does? Science. Science, gave us computers, cellphones, satellites, taught us how to build homes, made cures for diseases that were killing people (which the Universe ignored). Brought us cars, boats, aircraft, phones, TV, radio. Electricity, indoor plumbing, AC and so much more. Things we take for granted every day was brought to you by Science.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Can the universe just step in just as it did with me for everything else? With disease, etc? What's the point in pursuing science if the universe can step in like that?

Who's to say the universe isn't stepping in with the knowledge/science given to someone to create and find answers/cures for illnesses.

Such a notion is akin to those who are strictly religious and deny their kids medical care because they believe God will cure their child... Who's to say God isn't answering prayers with said cure by having you seek out medical treatment.

Science/Spirituality are not in competition with each other, as much as we think they are. Many will tell you how we are no longer in the dark ages.. But, alas, we still are. We moved forward with science but we abandoned spirituality in the process. Leaving our true selves long in the past. And in some cases we abandon science in the pursuits of spirituality.

Science is the basis for the universe. Everything we don't understand we just have not measured yet to know it's truths.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:37 PM
Master
Why is science important when the universe can just step in and do its deed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
So this is probably a weird question - why are we so concerned with the advancement of science (I'm thinking of research for disease for example) when the universe can just step in and do stuff for the highest good? Is there a limit as to what the spiritual world/universe can do for us... is that why we have to fend for ourselves? This might sound naive, but I used to treat molecular biology as religion before I was introduced to the spiritual world. One thing that happened to me was that when I was asked to leave my job that I had to work so hard for in science, my boss was giving me a chance to apply for other jobs while still working for her but I couldn't do it because every time I would go to look for a job online, I would get nauseas and found myself unable to do it.But it was only for the moment I wanted to apply for jobs. I could chat with psychics with no problem. Now I think the universe wanted me to take a break from work so I can go through my dark night of the soul/ awakening. Can the universe just step in just as it did with me for everything else? With disease, etc? What's the point in pursuing science if the universe can step in like that?

Hello Traceyacey12,

Here's an answer to your thread's excellent question: Why is science important when the universe can just step in and do its deed? I think you may find the references, below, helpful pertaining to science, spirituality...and the Universe.

Think back to your job in scientific studies. Would you agree that, in essence, the progress you and your colleagues made came through "a continual, purposeful revision" of tested ideas through which you eventually arrived at an answer....before proceeding to the next set of revisions, right? Consider that the truth about our understanding of REALITY is that each and every advancement has come about after we discovered what has ALWAYS BEEN TRUE, waiting for us to discover it. So it is also with Spiritual understanding.

Our progress is based on SELF-DISCOVERY of what ALREADY IS....TRUE !!

But, think! How is "understanding" in either the "scientific" or spiritual" avenues of truth-searching... even possible?

Answer: "Perfection does not come from projecting our own ideas but from awakening to the knowledge that it is already the established order of things."....and...."Truth is not a thing to be discovered, but a reality to be uncovered.".

When the respective practitioners of what is semantically designated as "science" and "religion" are able to understand WHY perfection is irrefutable Truth in either perspective....there will be no conflict. To me, this perfection has to include Spiritual principles, too.

You ask, "Is there a limit as to what the spiritual world/universe can do for us... is that why we have to fend for ourselves?"

Answer: Even though we've been erroneously programmed to act as if we are only "working stiffs", with no other purpose, there is no limit to what the spiritual world/universe can do for us...because WE ARE SPIRIT......WE ARE THE MIRACLES WE'VE BEEN SEEKING!

This "version of Earth" is a SCHOOL in which we practice BEING the Spiritual Progeny we truly are, and have always been, as the Masters you will read about in the 3rd reference, have done. This is our birthright. This is Who we really are..

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience."
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

We have always been Who we truly are, awaiting our own remembrance, on Earth, that I AM THAT I AM, as in Heaven.
Guthrio

We are here to master the miraculous science of our own spirituality.

I hope this, together with the references, below, help you scientifically uncover the spiritual answers you seek....

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...8&postcount=22

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...7&postcount=65

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...0&postcount=45
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 06-05-2018 at 02:18 AM.