Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 31-03-2018, 06:39 AM
Deactivated Account
DavidMartin:

My childhood church was the "worldwide church of God"
The doctrine is now days known as "Armstrongisim".

Children were very heavily 'disciplined' both during the service... and also encouraged to he disciplined at home as well.

There were set ways to discipline children... some physical and some restraining kind of methods of control...now days of would be considered child abuse.
I was unable to be disciplined effectively as I would go feral and I would never submit to it.

Lots of the sermons were about the end of days. No children were baptised until the age of 19 so it was said that only adults would enter the kingdom... so us kids were left behind as orphans as the world was in its ultimate turmoil.

We were very poor and we still tithed... the ministers all had nice cars and big houses and we were struggling to eat. Many people we knew- families were also in similar positions.
There is alot more hahaha... but - I only really remember from the perspective of being a child growing up in it. Alot of the doctrine can be read online.

I prefer now days to try and focus on the LOVE and healing for myself and family... I felt the God of LOVE...keep me company when I was very young and quite isolated... I would call that GRACE or something I dunno, whatever it was it spared me at that time

I feel so sad that there are some churches which use such power to traumatize people... especially kids who cannot choose and are made to go along with parents.

I'm so grateful that I had my own connection as a kid... to love... to something else.
Old 31-03-2018, 08:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
I remember a very strong meditation and prayer with Jesus by my side.

I clearly remember a sequence of spiritual initiations and Jesus saying to me " you have been baptised through fire and with water"

I thought it odd since I am a nothing... I am spiritual though and have recieved many spiritual initiations during meditation and prayer...

Again though - not Christian. I've never been baptised by a church and I've never even considered it...
It seems that I have recieved a spiritual baptism though.

Thought that was kind of interesting.

A beautiful experience EH.
I wonder if the ' fire and water ' you recieved is symbolic of..... burning the pain (fire) and cleansing/soothing you ( water) from your chilhood abuses... Just a thought 🤔
Old 31-03-2018, 08:17 AM
Master
Quote:
DavidMartin:

Children were very heavily 'disciplined' both during the service... and also encouraged to he disciplined at home as well.

There were set ways to discipline children... some physical and some restraining kind of methods of control...now days of would be considered child abuse.
I was unable to be disciplined effectively as I would go feral and I would never submit to it.

Lots of the sermons were about the end of days. No children were baptised until the age of 19 so it was said that only adults would enter the kingdom... so us kids were left behind as orphans as the world was in its ultimate turmoil.

We were very poor and we still tithed... the ministers all had nice cars and big houses and we were struggling to eat. Many people we knew- families were also in similar positions.
There is alot more hahaha... but - I only really remember from the perspective of being a child growing up in it. Alot of the doctrine can be read online.

I prefer now days to try and focus on the LOVE and healing for myself and family... I felt the God of LOVE...keep me company when I was very young and quite isolated... I would call that GRACE or something I dunno, whatever it was it spared me at that time

I feel so sad that there are some churches which use such power to traumatize people... especially kids who cannot choose and are made to go along with parents.

I'm so grateful that I had my own connection as a kid... to love... to something else.

Thanks for sharing
I know very little about this branch of so called Christians, thankfully. It seems more like a Cult from what I have just read. Your experiences have made you what you are today, a loving well balanced person, tolerant to all beliefs which is a plus, but you must have paid a price to get to where you are today and not everyone can cope as you seem to be doing without being bitter.
These " Churches " need investigating and the "Ministers" or whatever title they give themselves brought to justice for mental and physical abuse, all in the name of God, disgusting.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Ascender

I'm sorry for your bad experiences, first MANY need to understand that NOT ALL who call themselves “men of God”, really are NOT! Jehovah God's words says this at ,(2Cor. 11:13-15 “For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works”).

Many are there for the wrong reason, they have their flock believing the they have to be PAID for giving Jehovah God and Jesus words, which is a lie. Jesus shows this at (Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure those with leprosy, and cast out demons. Give as freely as you have received). We are taught by Jehovah God to discipline our kids so that their days will go well ,(Proverbs 29:17 Correct your son, and he will give you comfort; He will also delight your soul) see also. (Proverbs 23:13-14 Do not hold back discipline from the child, Although you strike him with the rod, he will not die).

Now of course he didn't mean to beat your child. People do discipline they children in many ways, it's up to each household how one does it. As for baptizing , one can be baptized as young at the age of 9. just as long as they have been taught and understand what the baptism means ,(and it doesn't just mean one will go to Heaven as MANY believe). because MANY are baptized, but will still get destroyed. because they are straddling the fence ,living as the rest of the world does.

Also that the child has to understand he must now go out and teach as Jesus instructed. See ,(Mark 16:16 and Matthew 28:19-20 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen).

And not everyone will go to Heaven, remember Jesus saying...(Matt. 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth). So even children will have the blessing of living on earth free of wickedness. As Jehovah God and Jesus promise us, all false ministers will soon be destroyed. Alongside satan and “hell” ,(Rev. 20:10-15). peace
Old 03-04-2018, 03:03 PM
Master

Quote:
DavidMartin:

ah, its so awful. no words
you were/are saved
the fate of some people that really go in for this abuse is probably to be stuck here as a spirit, unable and unwilling to move on because when they find out what God is really like, they reject it, just as they did here
that dude haunting the old monastery, yep he used to be a monk!
its a real irony that an obsession with purity and holiness can lead to evil. cause I'm guessing but the no.1 obsession they had is probably holiness and purity. I suppose the trick is working out what holiness actually is..
something tells me there is a true kind of holiness to be aimed for, and the intent to find it is a good one. pondering this has kept me thinking so much recently.