Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 30-12-2018, 09:23 AM
Master
Selfish is good when you make the firm resolve not to let other people's problems become yours and especially if you don't have the capacity to deal with it.

The New Year is going to see a lot of changes in me and basically, one of the main ones being; "if you can't accept me for who I am, there's the door". So, I won't be too preoccupied with being "ignored" anymore because the universe will sort out those who are 'worthy of my time' and those who simply are not.

The next year is going to consist of more meditation and spiritual practice, which will not be swayed by others TELLING me that I need to get up off my a$$ and do some "public service"...do you think a 'selfish person' would care about that? not a chance - because it's like telling a deaf person NOT to be deaf, even though they can't hear you say it.

I am tired of people 'advising' me as to what I should be doing according to THEM, when if I ask "so, do my wants matter?" and they will say 'nope'- but deaf AND blind Freddy can see that THEIR wants matter and I am not a 'self-sacrificing' person anyway...ESPECIALLY when everyone expects me to be and not because I truly WANT to be...and so, the only One I can "self-sacrifice" for, is Shiva - because he wants NOTHING! he expects NOTHING! and it is only THEN that I can truly give my all...but in this world...nope.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:29 AM
Newbie ;)

it's a good thing to be selfish

your body is selfish for example your immune system serve only your body

all your body organs server only your body

in fact anyone try to serve you they are looking for something in return one way or another
Old 14-01-2019, 01:06 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
As Gandhi said, you be the change you want the see in the world, don't tell them. Act, don't preach. I don't know why I fall in this trap, I see someone on reddit or any other social place, I try to open a door for them, be it meditation benefits or praying, chakras understanding and their logic, SR/SE practices etc... and all I get is responses from ignorant teenagers that talk back like experts, with absolutely 0 knowledge on the subject. I am not even sure why I am triggered. I think is because at the root of my intention, it was for a good cause, to help, to open a door for one who needs it to progress further. To see that you do not have to take a pill like lithium and xanax to numb your mind when instead you could take a spiritual approach, find the root of your problems, find balance, find joy, find yourself etc. I don't know why I get triggered, I usually wouldn't care. But I think I'm done. There's so much more for me to learn and practice. It is my fault I open my mouth in the wrong places. And then I realize, I am going to become selfish. Selfish in the way that I am no longer going to care into sharing knowledge with 'common' people that have no knowledge on 'spiritual' matters. It only arises annoyance and leads to empty talks with no real arguments. I will focus more on mastering what I know, on learning more and if I wish to speak about it, only do so in the appropriate places. Sure, in 'real world' I'm not making this mistake, I can read a person fairly easy. On the internet, I assume everybody is more open minded, but you never know when you are speaking with/or being replied by a 15 years old kid. I'm going to become selfish, for my own good.

You may consider the following point of view:

Who am I to help others? I would mess up their life. They have a Guide (Higher Self) who knows everything about them. By letting them know about their Guide, I provide valuable help.

This is humility. It helps a lot! I am still learning about humility.