Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-07-2015, 01:21 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
i do not think it is your soul is hurting. i think the body is. depression runs in my family. the self medicating of drugs and alcohol and sex all in an attempt to correct the feelings. it is a hard thing to deal with. meds saved my son's life.

kk

Thank you for sharing, kkfern. It is very imprtant for me that you said that.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:55 AM
Pathfinder

First, let me say how very sorry I am that you feel this way. It's a tough path to walk. Depression can come from the environment and biology. Stress and DNA are both major factors. I agree with kkfern.

You seem to enjoy new and novel things. Have you tried just knowing that about yourself and pursuing that? You also sound as if you might be running from something. I recently posted about "bad luck" following me. It started with abuse and I "ran" for years. It feels like a dark cloud you are constantly at war with. In the past I've partied a lot, a way to run away from myself. The first time I popped a Percocet I thought to myself: this is what happiness must feel like. I'd never really felt it before. But that's over, it wasn't real.

Until I found the right path for myself. I'm still struggling to get there, life can really beat you down. It can.

What about love? Perhaps living in the quiet - and it's hard to get there - but if you have a few minutes a day, meditation and reading about the endless paths to spirituality may help.

As kk said, if it is depression or add, medication can do wonders. It helps me immensely with anxiety, and saved my daughter's life.

These are all just suggestions, and I hope that you find something here that helps you. I'm sorry I didn't answer about the ego and spirit - I guess I hadn't really thought very much about them being so intertwined (or not).

Best and hugs to you.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1irishninja
........ As they say we are a spiritual being having a human existence. But what happens if our soul is hurt or is unhappy?
............Its all very hard to explain but you will know what I mean if you experience it, its a feeling that something is not right, something is missing, you are not living the life you are supposed to be living.
The question is how do you go about healing your soul? Or is this all the ego talking?

If it is your soul that needs healing. Are you sure that it isn't emotion (that lies somewhere between the soul and the ravages of the material world)?

Finding out what you should be and setting out to become it IS the Great Work. You recognise that you are spirit caged in a human existence so you've taken the first few steps.

:::::
Old 06-07-2015, 12:01 PM
twoheadeddog

It may be that if you get sober you won't need medication. Substance abuse and depression are often linked. Meditation is also helpful for depression. Also, breaking isolation by getting out and finding support groups.

Funny how there's only one letter difference between medication and meditation.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Deactivated Account

That would be ego hurting, soul doesn't hurt. Soul is love and light, and is outside you waiting for embodiment. That's why you feel those voids, part of you, the real you, is missing.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:08 PM
Master
Soul, Spirit, Ego, Physical Body, Astral Body, Mental Body, Aura, Ethereal Body, Causal Body, etc. etc. etc.

Those are just layers of the Self, just like an onion

The void that you are experiencing is something precious, embrace it and understand it. This void is useful after all, it is telling you to find something Inside of you

Have you tried to find a hobby that you truly enjoy?

Have you tried to volunteer for a cause?

Do you have a pet?

Those simple but powerful actions could give you the "thing" that you are looking for -a Purpose ! (and we all have a purpose already, we only have to remember it)
Old 06-07-2015, 11:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyan28
Soul, Spirit, Ego, Physical Body, Astral Body, Mental Body, Aura, Ethereal Body, Causal Body, etc. etc. etc.

Those are just layers of the Self, just like an onion

Yes if you omit the physical body and the ego. Ego = body/mind complex
Old 07-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Yes if you omit the physical body and the ego. Ego = body/mind complex

Actually all those bodies are just vehicles, like a car or a plane
Old 07-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyan28
Actually all those bodies are just vehicles, like a car or a plane

In a very loose definition, yes, yet the body is not part of the Self, it is part of the planetary consciousness.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
In a very loose definition, yes, yet the body is not part of the Self, it is part of the planetary consciousness.

I'm intrigued Rah nam, you have awaken my curiosity I'm even going to ask something out of the context of the OP -apologies for that

Is this planetary consciousness a separated thing from the Self? or is it some part/extension of the self? or does the Self create the planetary consciousness with its perception? how could these creations be separated from the Self?

I believe there is no separation, everything is merged in the Self, everything is part of the Self -the Whole, and all the creation is a reflection/dream of the ultimate observer -which is unity of all the Selfs.

So maybe even the body and the ego are part of this Self, maybe this particular part works to analyze some data.

I may be wrong of course, but it is interesting to contemplate all the possibilities