Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 31-08-2012, 07:47 PM
DynoTAP

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-The-Iceman
Last night, when I was meditating, I started to feel a strange tingly, almost electric take over my whole body. I thought I felt a very subtle, but still noticeable, slip from my body; it felt like I was floating just BARELY from my body. I could still feel my body there but I could tell I was seperated from it. It's hard to explain. The feeling kinda startled me, and I lost the feeling when I that happened.

Anyways, it felt very very very real at the time. I went to bed right after, and had the most vivid dreams that I've had in months.

Today, I've been doubting the feelings I had last night, and thinking that maybe it was a trick of the mind. The thing is, it felt pretty powerful and real at the time.

Any opinions? Was this the beginning of some sort of AP? OBE?

It was not this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
The electric feeling was energy.

You were either aware of the energy around you or your body could have been metaphysically glowing like a furnace and pulsing with energy.

It's a bit startling if a person has been closed off to energy all their lives and suddenly they slip into a mindset where they either create enough energy to be felt, or are suddenly aware of it all.

It's not as unusual or as odd as you think.

Some people wander about with their skin buzzing and their insides pulsing with "electricity" all their lives and never think twice about it because they assume its normal.

It was definitely this:

Your body had fallen asleep and had gone into the early stages of sleep paralysis which by the way also includes tingling. You, your mind, had stayed aware. If you stayed around any longer you might have started hallucinating -- then again you might not -- it's different every time.

Eventually you reach a void of darkness in which you have no body. Here, all you have is awareness. After a very long wait in this void, you get a new sensation, one of extreme relaxation. It is as if you want to fall asleep and for a moment you have to really fight to remain aware. The sensation disappears and then returns again a while later.

This is where I stopped -- I never got to find out what was beyond this point. Life got to busy and I didn't make time for meditation.

I lost the ability to be so aware, but am confident that I will be able to regain it -- I just need a mentor. Someone who can get me back to where I was.

Oh and yes the sensations you were feeling would have been what you were looking for.