Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-11-2019, 08:59 AM
Master
The silver cord?

Sounds like you had a rough journey Hazada Guess.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
So I was thinking about the brain in the jar, where you have isolated the central nervous system inside a tank connected to a computer that feeds it all the signals that it needs to generate the perception of a reality. But then the question arises, would the soul still stay with it, considering all other organs are gone? If not, what organs is the soul dependent upon to stay in the body?

On the flipside of that, the conclusion must be that the soul is only perceiving what the brain is generating. Therefore, obviously, the brain must be there, but from there you can cut it and connect it to a computer that feeds it signals. So in other words, the soul only has one channel to connect to the body?

To me, the confusion comes from the assumption that the brain is the seat of consciousness. It isn't. It is just an organ like any of the others. There are in fact people out there with almost zero brain matter who can still function normally and are just as conscious and intelligent as any average person. In fact, I suspect if you could transplant brains, the person who gets the new brain would still be largely the same person as before and would only take on a few minor characteristics of the person whose brain he received. There have been many documented cases of people getting new organs and inheriting some of the characteristics of the donor. This is all due to the Holographic Principle.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:45 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
The silver cord?

Sounds like you had a rough journey Hazada Guess.

Lol,yes,Mum had a very difficult birth with me,3 weeks overdue,57 hours in Labour,she lost so much blood,she couldnt stand for 3 months.that's probably why I remember it.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:49 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
To me, the confusion comes from the assumption that the brain is the seat of consciousness. It isn't. It is just an organ like any of the others. There are in fact people out there with almost zero brain matter who can still function normally and are just as conscious and intelligent as any average person. In fact, I suspect if you could transplant brains, the person who gets the new brain would still be largely the same person as before and would only take on a few minor characteristics of the person whose brain he received. There have been many documented cases of people getting new organs and inheriting some of the characteristics of the donor. This is all due to the Holographic Principle.

Sounds like something very close to part of a Dr. Bruce Greyson talk on NDEs. Here's where he addresses it in one of his talks.

https://youtu.be/sPGZSC8odIU?t=1116
Old 06-11-2019, 10:23 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Sounds like something very close to part of a Dr. Bruce Greyson talk on NDEs. Here's where he addresses it in one of his talks.

https://youtu.be/sPGZSC8odIU?t=1116

I've already watched that interesting video.It explains what i already believe.The brain is an organ that controls our body while our consciousness is separate.(A good video).
Old 06-11-2019, 10:33 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I've already watched that interesting video.It explains what i already believe.The brain is an organ that controls our body while our consciousness is separate.(A good video).

Have you watched the 2.5 hour UVA DOPS faculty presentation? It has the typical Greyson talk plus several other talks, including one on reincarnation by Dr. Tucker. The Jame Leininger case is amazing.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:45 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Have you watched the 2.5 hour UVA DOPS faculty presentation? It has the typical Greyson talk plus several other talks, including one on reincarnation by Dr. Tucker. The Jame Leininger case is amazing.

No I haven't,I'll watch it now,I'm a fan.see you later.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Lol,yes,Mum had a very difficult birth with me,3 weeks overdue,57 hours in Labour,she lost so much blood,she couldnt stand for 3 months.that's probably why I remember it.
Oh dear, poor mum.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:01 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
No I haven't,I'll watch it now,I'm a fan.see you later.

I watched that one ages ago,i skimmed through it again briefly but the last speaker waffled too much and bored me to tears.(though he was probably the most interesting).lol
Old 06-11-2019, 04:37 PM
Pathfinder

For myself I am currently experincing a very educational disconnect between my brain and it’s ego driven interests and my body which feels a lot duller but which I’m looking at as the more enlightened of the two. What I’m choosing to do is listen to my body which feels more connected to divine wisdom than my brain.