Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 23-11-2019, 02:59 PM
Master
One has to provisionally presume/assume that one at least partly understands what someone else has said/communicated in order to engage in any kind of con-verse-ational discussion at all. This applies to anyone/everyone - you too MikeS80! One's presumptions/assumptions may (or may not) change if and as a person then presents additional clarifying information (i.e. feedback).

Those who don't recognize that their perceptions/conclusions are based on presumptions/assumptions and so don't willingly choose to double-check, reevaluate and, if and as additional information 'dictates' this to be appropriate, modify their presumptions/assumptions to suit the 'reality' of their relational situation become 'ossified' characters who deludedly imagine their presumptions/assumptions and consequent beliefs are absolutely 'right', 'objective', 'correct', etc. True/real/honest/mutually edifying con-verse-eation soon becomes impossible with such as these.

Last edited by davidsun : 23-11-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Old 23-11-2019, 02:59 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color ................Space( Time *) i (* Time )Space..........

Biological/soul = body, metabolsim, genetics, fermions, bosons etc

Ego { metaphysical-1 } = i ergo self identity

1} Ego is not alive ergo cannot die,

2} we can place ego to the side whenever necessary --to best of our abilities to do so at the time-- to be a fair{ neutral } witness of observance

3} ego can search for truth and facts, or,

....3a} ego can create a false narrative to create mental blockages to truth and fact.
....................Space( Time *) i (* Time )Space..............

Humans, via their access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts, conceptually place themselves outside of a conceptual Universe, as if they are a conceptual God, looking back in upon this conceptual Universe an holding it in their conceptual hands.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 23-11-2019, 03:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It's probably best to end this discussion here. It's to no one's benefit, including other forum members.

Peace.
I disagree and agree with you. I disagree because the truth and facts are a benefit. I agree because your taking what I say out of context with your presumptions and assumptions which causes deceit, conflict and confusion is of no benefit to anyone.
Old 23-11-2019, 03:45 PM
Master
Consider what I said in my previous post (#41) in this thread, Mike.
Old 23-11-2019, 08:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Consider what I said in my previous post (#41) in this thread, Mike.
David, I read your post #41and I agree with you. I know what assumptions and presumptions are. Police officers and other government employees use assumptions and presumptions among other things all the time hoping you do not know the common law and that you do not defend your unalienable right to private property and to be left alone. I am not or was not mad or angry at Justasimpleguy I was just telling him with tough unconditional love just the way it is.
Old 23-11-2019, 09:09 PM
Master
How to practically force your ego to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonrD111
How can you kill your ego to be happy in life and unveil the truth by stopping your mind? Some creative ideas please.

Hi KonrD111,

The title of the premise of your provocative post notwithstanding, it is the last part of your request, "some creative ideas please", that sparks me to provide answers you may find useful, expanded in the references, below....

Creative idea 1: The idea is NOT to dissolve the "ego"....The idea is to Know Thyself. Reference 1.

Creative idea 2: Of ourselves we have no being ... no reality. We are individual manifestations of Life ... of that which is God! ‘We’ are not ‘plugged’ into Life ... we are ‘Its’ ‘outlets’ ... and ‘Its’ thoughts are colored by ‘Its’ perception of itself as being John or Jane Doe ... the ‘person’ we see ourselves as being. God is your reality ... your true identity. This is why it appears as though the ‘human’ consciousness is creative. Reference 2

Creative idea 3: Ego is the result of a separative cognition - an ignorance of Truth - in and of the individuated being. Jyotir's superlative answer to a similar question as yours in Reference 3

Creative idea 4: After "doing the deed" your question premises, who "remains" to know that the deed is done?
(I leave it to you to "find the creative idea" which answers THAT question) ok?

Hope this helps. Enjoy!!!

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...6&postcount=10 The Silent Knowledge

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...32&postcount=4 The TAO of LoA

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...76&postcount=1 (BTW, Jyotir's answer to my own question was "Yoga", later in the thread)
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 24-11-2019 at 05:40 AM.
Old 24-11-2019, 02:46 AM
Master

Davidsun,

....I enjoyed these Youtubes, too, as I see Miss Hepburn did, as well.

First time I've seen Eckhart Tolle, though I've read some of his writings about the Power of Now.

I liked the quote he used:
"We don't see things the way they are. We see things the way we are."

This makes sense.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 24-11-2019, 02:06 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Hi KonrD111,

The title of the premise of your provocative post notwithstanding, it is the last part of your request, "some creative ideas please", that sparks me to provide answers you may find useful, expanded in the references, below....

Creative idea 1: The idea is NOT to dissolve the "ego"....The idea is to Know Thyself. Reference 1.

Creative idea 2: Of ourselves we have no being ... no reality. We are individual manifestations of Life ... of that which is God! ‘We’ are not ‘plugged’ into Life ... we are ‘Its’ ‘outlets’ ... and ‘Its’ thoughts are colored by ‘Its’ perception of itself as being John or Jane Doe ... the ‘person’ we see ourselves as being. God is your reality ... your true identity. This is why it appears as though the ‘human’ consciousness is creative. Reference 2

Creative idea 3: Ego is the result of a separative cognition - an ignorance of Truth - in and of the individuated being. Jyotir's superlative answer to a similar question as yours in Reference 3

Creative idea 4: After "doing the deed" your question premises, who "remains" to know that the deed is done?
(I leave it to you to "find the creative idea" which answers THAT question) ok?

Hope this helps. Enjoy!!!

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...6&postcount=10 The Silent Knowledge

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...32&postcount=4 The TAO of LoA

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...76&postcount=1 (BTW, Jyotir's answer to my own question was "Yoga", later in the thread)

Regarding the TAO of LoA, it resembles what I posted yesterday.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...63&postcount=8

"Honestly, I don't identify as either. I see commonalities and roles each can fulfill in a spiritual context. To take it one step further in the context of Karma Yoga everything is a spiritual practice. All action is an offering to God and not in the service of one's selfish interests.

I contemplated that last point yesterday on a short hike in the forest. Eternal existence, consciousness, bliss is all well and good, but even that has to get boring after several hundreds of trillions of years. If God's purpose for creation is to interact in the only way possible then we are the vehicles for God experiencing that interaction. That's our purpose and Karma Yoga fulfills it if practiced as intended.

At least that's where I am currently at in my understanding."
Old 24-11-2019, 02:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
This is why it appears as though the ‘human’ consciousness is creative.[/color][/i]
All Being (a/k/a Life) is Conscious in its own 'way'. All Being (a/k/a Life) is Creative in its own 'way'.

Some 'create' by 'way' of being convinced and so 'believing' and consequently living 'out' the idea that 'human' (i.e. their and other folks') consciousness (i.e. 'human' beingness) only appears to be 'creative' and that it is something other than them that is really doing the 'creating'. They therefore image-in that their 'way' is some not-them "God's" way. Such ideas lead to Being proceeding in a certain kind of 'way'.

Others 'create' by 'way' of being convinced and so 'believing' and consequently living 'out' the idea that 'human' (i.e. their and other folks') consciousness (i.e. 'human' beingness) is really 'creative' in its own 'way'. They therefore image-in that their 'way' is the real way. Such ideas lead to Being proceeding in a certain kind of 'way' (which they accept and assign full response-ability for).

Still others 'create' by 'way' of being convinced and so 'believing' and consequently living 'out' the idea that all ideas are just 'creative' tools and so choose their ideas with some degree of discretion so as to suit the situation and particular (creative) purpose they, in any given situation, wish to 'pursue'. P.S. The above-referenced ideas are subject to 'individualized'/'individualizing' variations - like fingerprints - hence the uniqueness of souls.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/103765388...a-Construction

Old 24-11-2019, 03:21 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color ................Space( Time *) i (* Time )Space..........

Humans, via their access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts, conceptually place themselves outside of a conceptually finite Universe, as if they are a conceptual God, looking back in upon this conceptual Universe an holding it in their conceptual hands.

....They have the whole wide Universe in their hands,they have the whole wide Universe in their hands.......sung to Loretta Lynn tune

When is the 'i' considered to be a narrcistic 'I'?

Biological/soul = body i.e the aggregate collection of genetics via fermions and bosons.

Ego { metaphysical-1 } = i ergo self identity

1} Ego is not alive ergo cannot die,

2} we can place ego to the side whenever necessary --to best of our abilities to do so at the time-- to be a fair{ neutral } witness { observer }

3} ego can search for truth and facts, or,

....3a} ego can create a false narrative to create mental blockages to truth and fact.
....................Space( Time *) i (* Time )Space..............

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman