Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 01-11-2019, 10:47 PM
MAYA EL

Blavatsky is a witch that put things into motion to allow certain people to be in power and control the minds of many people across the world. A truly destructive woman.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:15 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Remember, it was Madame Blavatsky who sought out Colonel Olcott.

Only at the request of her Master, who said "choose Olcott". Olcott had the same Brother for Master as HPB did.

HPB was also told to found a "philosophic-religious society". So it would have happened with or without Olcott's money.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
Blavatsky is a witch that put things into motion to allow certain people to be in power and control the minds of many people across the world. A truly destructive woman.

Many others, among them Einstein, have / had a different opinion about Blavatski.

Einstein and The Secret Doctrine

Quote:
... Einstein had a copy of Madame Blavatsky's book The Secret Doctrine on his table all the time. ... the book, which "was heavily notated and underlined, and that the margins were covered with scribbles and other markings ...
Have you read anything Blavatski wrote? This was a rhetorical question ... don't answer! I don't care.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:17 AM
MAYA EL

Do you know Einstein personally?
Old 02-11-2019, 06:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
Only at the request of her Master, who said "choose Olcott". Olcott had the same Brother for Master as HPB did.

HPB was also told to found a "philosophic-religious society". So it would have happened with or without Olcott's money.
The Masters came about later. The person who was conducting the lecture on Elementals presented such interesting information that some in the group decided to create their own organization the Theosophical Society.

Olcott was the Society's president.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 02-11-2019, 02:18 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The Masters came about later. The person who was conducting the lecture on Elementals presented such interesting information that some in the group decided to create their own organization the Theosophical Society.

Olcott was the Society's president.

The Brothers were always there. The use of terms Masters or Mahatmas for them came about when Olcott & HPB moved to India.

Even before George Felt's lecture in Sept. of 1875 HPB received this order from her Master in July:

Quote:
[In H.P.B.’s Scrapbook, Vol. I, p. 58, may be found at the bottom of the page the following important note written by H.P.B. in pen and ink:] Orders received from India direct to establish a philosophico-religious Society and choose a name for it—also to choose Olcott. July 1875.

Then, around the end of August, discussion about starting this Society occurred:

Quote:
Between Aug. 28 and Sept. 4—Gathering held in H.P.B.'s rooms, 46 Irving Place, New York. In H.P.B.'s own words: “On that evening the first idea of the Theos. Society was discussed.” (Vide Rev. Dr. J. H. Wiggin's account, The Liberal Christian, Sept. 4, 1875; H.P.B.'s comments in Scrapbook, Vol. I, pp. 54-55; ODL, I, 114-15).

From HPB's Collected Writings, vol. I:180 & 66
Old 08-11-2019, 10:04 PM
Experiencer
HP Blavatsky the Mystery

This book by G. de Purucker is out of print, but some used copies may be out there. Here are the first six chapters, lightly edited from The Theosophical Path issues in 1929-30:

https://www.theosophy-nw.org/theosnw/theos/th-hpbm.htm
Old 09-11-2019, 12:47 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Many others, among them Einstein, have / had a different opinion about Blavatski.

Einstein and The Secret Doctrine
Thank you.
I never saw this thread yrs ago....I miss Bluegreen.
Gosh, the memories...I spoke at a Theosp. Society once in 1973 in FL, USA...I was sure a confident person, then...
They liked me and commented on my aura. Sweet of them.
Ah, memories. LOL I liked them.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-11-2019, 05:50 PM
Experiencer
Our True Nature

G. de Purucker from Blavatsky the Mystery, ch. 6:

Quote:
Oh! if men and women of the Occident could only get the conviction of the existence within themselves of the individual's living god as the fountain of his noblest parts, what a revolution in human thinking it would bring about! If they could only get the conviction, as they will in time most assuredly, that at the core of each one of them, at the heart of the heart of each one of them, is this glorious Sun of consciousness: then indeed not only would their lives change immensely for the better, not only would human relations be softened and refined, not only would the horrors attending our present civilization disappear as do the mists before the morning sunlight, but to the individual himself there would come inspiration, a sense of high human dignity, a sense of well-being, and of undeveloped power -- which both intuition and instinct would then tell them could only be developed through altruistic use. And could this idea become the conviction of their minds and the persuasion of their hearts, then indeed should we be members of a new race, enlightened with an all-embracing and high racial consciousness, and the Theosophical ideal of Universal Brotherhood would follow fully and in completeness as a necessary sequence. Our fellow human beings would act, think and dwell among each other almost as a race of incarnate gods -- for that in the name of holy Truth is just what we human beings are.
Old 19-04-2020, 03:16 PM
Experiencer
Videos from TS

I still prefer books & written word, but many like videos, so here are some recent ones:

https://www.youtube.com/user/blavatskyhouse/videos