Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-10-2017, 11:56 PM
Knower

Is this really how it works?

I've posted here before with similar questions, but I can't help but ask again.

I've always struggled with belief in anything spiritual, due at least in part to never having had any experiences that I'd call "supernatural". But I'm trying to believe nonetheless. I want to do good in the world. I want to be a light in the darkness for people. But I don't know how to do that while I'm as disconnected as I am with God/Spirit/Source/whatever you want to call it. I feel so alone. I keep trying cheap tricks to communicate with spirits and whatnot, which of course have not worked. I'm trying to force it, and part of me knows that I can't, but in my despair I do so anyway.

I guess my question is....what am I supposed be doing? What is it that I need to do to feel close to God? I feel like I'm being punished or challenged in a way. Maybe I'm meant to be disconnected so I can help others who feel that way later in life?
Old 18-10-2017, 12:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf

I've always struggled with belief in anything spiritual, due at least in part to never having had any experiences that I'd call "supernatural". But I'm trying to believe nonetheless. I want to do good in the world. I want to be a light in the darkness for people. But I don't know how to do that while I'm as disconnected as I am with God/Spirit/Source/whatever you want to call it. I feel so alone. I keep trying cheap tricks to communicate with spirits and whatnot, which of course have not worked. I'm trying to force it, and part of me knows that I can't, but in my despair I do so anyway.

I guess my question is....what am I supposed be doing? What is it that I need to do to feel close to God? I feel like I'm being punished or challenged in a way. Maybe I'm meant to be disconnected so I can help others who feel that way later in life?

Open up to the pain in your life and heal that pain through loving your self. From your lower consciousness accept the love that your higher self is constantly showering down on you. It's there like the air, all you need to do is be aware of it, just like you can easily become aware of your breath. You accept the love already on one level, you just need to be aware of it, for you are now consciously blocking the awareness of the love because of the pain it causes your ego.

By loving your self, in all it's aspects including the grimey ones, you are able to accept love from others and give love to others. first focus on your self. the other things will fall into place.

Your very existence is supernatural. It's only through adaption that we have forgotten the miracle of existence. Just like the air and the love, the awe of our existence is there for us when we are ready to accept and feel being awed.
Old 18-10-2017, 12:15 AM
Master
being awed is a little like being a deer in the headlights. It has the ability to take away our defenses and leave us in a state we cannot fully control. this is the antithesis of the ego and avoided at almost every cost. Knowing this we can give our self a little break for not being able to do it easily. our body is programmed not to do it, and many sages have told us it takes a determination that rivals the will to live, or many decades of practice. When we know we are climbing Everest to reach the garden of Eden we can approach it in a different way, with more compassion and forgiveness for our failures most importantly. we can also give that same compassion and forgiveness to others. everybody is climbing Everest to reach Eden.

the trick is to recognize the safety your peers offer and use it when necessary. We no longer are forced to live an adrenalized existence, constantly worrying about our own survival. We can rely on others and with the strength we gain from that we can support others to do the same. We grow each other, and others grow us. It's an exponential growth that requires relations with others.

Reach out to your peers. When you have the strength you need, give back.
Old 18-10-2017, 12:16 AM
Master
Rayden_Greywolf,

Hello.

You asked what are you supposed to be doing? What I am truly wondering, is why it is you feel you should be doing anything?

Well, you're right, you can't force it. So if you are at a place where currently you do not feel too connected to spiritualism, why force it? It won't solve it. You can not Imo fake it till you make it in this instance.

But why should that even change? Let me ask, what is the reason and purpose honestly that you are trying to believe? Start with being honest with yourself.

If you find you have a great reason, great, but should you have to try so hard?

I think you are doing fine the way you have been doing things, asking questions, and learning. Perhaps just remaining open minded may actually be enough. That is open minded, but that doesn't mean you have to accept anything quite yet.

It can be a slow process coming into spirituality and our own faith.

Perhaps give yourself time, with an open mind, simply to learn. There isn't anything wrong if you do not view yourself as necessarily spiritual. Actually it can be quite liberating imo.

And who knows- perhaps you see yourself as struggling with belief- but I wonder how many you have helped already with your common sense approach and your integrity to question things.

Perhaps it already is that you do a tremendous amount of good in the world, as you are.

Blessings.
Old 18-10-2017, 01:30 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Open up to the pain in your life and heal that pain through loving your self. From your lower consciousness accept the love that your higher self is constantly showering down on you. It's there like the air, all you need to do is be aware of it, just like you can easily become aware of your breath. You accept the love already on one level, you just need to be aware of it, for you are now consciously blocking the awareness of the love because of the pain it causes your ego.

By loving your self, in all it's aspects including the grimey ones, you are able to accept love from others and give love to others. first focus on your self. the other things will fall into place.

Your very existence is supernatural. It's only through adaption that we have forgotten the miracle of existence. Just like the air and the love, the awe of our existence is there for us when we are ready to accept and feel being awed.

Thank you. I've always appreciated your advice on these matters.
Old 18-10-2017, 01:41 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
being awed is a little like being a deer in the headlights. It has the ability to take away our defenses and leave us in a state we cannot fully control. this is the antithesis of the ego and avoided at almost every cost. Knowing this we can give our self a little break for not being able to do it easily. our body is programmed not to do it, and many sages have told us it takes a determination that rivals the will to live, or many decades of practice. When we know we are climbing Everest to reach the garden of Eden we can approach it in a different way, with more compassion and forgiveness for our failures most importantly. we can also give that same compassion and forgiveness to others. everybody is climbing Everest to reach Eden.

the trick is to recognize the safety your peers offer and use it when necessary. We no longer are forced to live an adrenalized existence, constantly worrying about our own survival. We can rely on others and with the strength we gain from that we can support others to do the same. We grow each other, and others grow us. It's an exponential growth that requires relations with others.

Reach out to your peers. When you have the strength you need, give back.

I often wonder about that. The difficulty, I mean. Like....why would suffering and unfulfillment be the default state of the our world? Do you suppose we made it that way?
Old 18-10-2017, 01:49 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Rayden_Greywolf,

Hello.

You asked what are you supposed to be doing? What I am truly wondering, is why it is you feel you should be doing anything?

Well, you're right, you can't force it. So if you are at a place where currently you do not feel too connected to spiritualism, why force it? It won't solve it. You can not Imo fake it till you make it in this instance.

But why should that even change? Let me ask, what is the reason and purpose honestly that you are trying to believe? Start with being honest with yourself.

Honestly, I don't know how to live without there being SOMETHING beyond day to day existence.
Old 18-10-2017, 07:10 AM
Master
Feeling alone, feeling disconnected and still wanting to be a light to those in darkness feels to me as if you are connected .

Many feel a struggle going on within oneself and with the connection with life itself and don't have the urge to help others .

I think many relate to the so called spiritual stuff as having to entertain flashing lights and woo woo experiences and have appearances from beings of the 10th dimension or from planet venus, but it's not always like that . It's not always mean't to be like that .

Things do however change and perhaps for you there is something wonderful there in the pipeline for you to experience, I can only go by my own experience and my sincere longing to heal the world when I first awakened for use of a better word .

I knew I had no choice but to continue with a going within process, I was still scratching my head 3 years later wondering if I was meditating correctly, in some instances it felt as if I was becoming or feeling more isolated the deeper I went within myself, but I recommend everyone to hang in there . .

Many don't realize that the deeper you go within yourself and the more one opens up to what you are your actually opening up to everyone / everything else ..

You don't have to be bang in the middle of a war zone to bring light to the situation, you don't need to be be rich and fly off to india and sit in some spiritual place ..

It can be a wonderful journey made within oneself even when the chips are seemingly down .

x daz x
Old 18-10-2017, 07:28 AM
Master
Quote:

'What am I surposed to be doing'.... whatever you are doing is what you are surposed to be doing... for now. Just ' be ' and as everything changes and everything is in flux you will get to the right place where you should be..
Mybe you are trying to hard to get somewhere else when the place you are in now is all you need, for now
Old 18-10-2017, 07:51 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Maybe I'm meant to be disconnected so I can help others who feel that way later in life?
Perhaps you are. We can't see the future, and if we could perhaps we'd duck out of our experiences and have sunshine and roses instead. Or we'd forget that we have a Life's Purpose or Karmic Obligation to get through if you believe in such a thing. Then again, so many are looking at what they are not instead of what they are, and in the gap between lies your feelings of being punished or challenged.

You said you want to be a Light in the darkness, yet here you are bemoaning being in one of the darkest places in the Universe. Empathy is much more effective when you've gone through something and come out the other side. It's one thing to talk to someone about how they feel, but when they know you've 'been there' it comes Home to them at a very much deeper level. Be careful what you wish for because you might just get it.

If you're asking what you need to do to feel close to God, perhaps you could ask what/where is God to you and what are the reasons you feel so disconnected? Are you disconnected from God or yourself?