Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-08-2017, 09:59 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
The three score years and ten, that period which apparently is alloted to us as an average, is in my case well in the past. Maybe I've got another five minutes, five months or five years. I can't know. What I do know is that I'm lucky, I have no illnesses, no pains, no regrets. Unfortunately my wife died eight years ago so I've had to get along without a close companion - which, after 50 years of marriage takes a while to get used to.

Finding a new 'girlfriend' wasn't and isn't for me. No-one could replace the one who's gone.

Whether or not I go further after death (in some way) or not is all the same to me. I do actually have more than just a few reasons, due to my life experiences, to think that death isn't 'the end'. To ask whether I'm looking forward or not to dying isn't a good question. Because it depends. I certainly don't want to be the one remaining. Lots of my friends and neighbours are no longer around and nowadays almost every week brings another little reminder.

We all experience a little death each night when we drop off to sleep - and this doesn't cause us any worry. Could it be a symbol, this dropping off and awakening thousands of times during a lifetime to indicate how things are?
What I can say is that I've had a good life. A very good life. To be reborn and not to have an improvement upon that which went before would be a terrible shock.

So, if it is going to be a life not matching up to this one then I'd prefer to forgo it. An even better life would be welcome. A famous French philosopher said 'it's no more a miracle to be born twice than it is to be born once' - I tend to hold this as a truth - and hope that if I see those pearly gates open that I'll see green grass and sunshine.

If you have no pains or Illness' that's fantastic, but the best one of all is no regrets.
At 77 and an attitude like yours I'm sure you will be around alot longer. I wish you all the best of health for the future and continue to have no regrets,
Cheers!
Old 09-08-2017, 02:53 PM
Master
if i wz ill iv sean sum poor dears in nusin wear my mom is i lok it thm thngs id ah 2 liv lk tht id wnt 2 die
i feal bad sayin wev all saed us kids abot its lk livin ded wen we go 2 sea her

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 09-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Seeker

Angel1

Not "looking forward" to it, but why should I fear it either?

Gods done a good job of looking after me here, and will do so still when I leave this body. Same for all of us.

Blessings to all.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Guide

Yes I am. I always have done.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Master
if iwz termly ill i wud nt wnt 2 liv i wud not sean pele suffr wud wnt 2 let pele sea me suffr i wud nt
sean pele in nursn hom wear my mom is if it wz a cat dog u wud get wong thy all watin 2 di in ther thy r its lk a covtr blt watin 2 leve ther erl lif wish is so crul sean thm lk it it is

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 24-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Experiencer

I'm not afraid of dying. This is a very recent turnaround because I used to be afraid of it. What I'm scared of is reincarnating back here on earth in a human body again.
Old 24-08-2017, 11:25 PM
Ascender
Honestly no. I've had a great life, am very thankful for everything, and am so curious as to what is next. Hope I get to see my dead relatives, friends, and pets...not to mention God and Jesus! I will always watch over those I leave behind here on this earth... thats me waving goodbye to all the nice humans here.
Old 25-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Pathfinder
I used to be terrified of it, but i'm starting to feel the opposite !
Old 22-10-2017, 06:38 AM
Newbie ;)

i read so many near death experiences and i definetely want to go home.
Old 26-10-2017, 07:30 PM
Pathfinder

Yes because I will get to see all my loved ones that have passed and I miss dreadfully.