Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 04:16 AM
newyear2006

Spirits of Nature

Spirits of Nature

Old 04-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Space_Man

I
Old 05-01-2006, 11:59 AM
howiemac

[quote=Space_Man]where does death fit into the picture?
Old 05-01-2006, 12:32 PM
DASA

Soul is Eternal - but why kill animals

Bhagavad-Gita, Chapter 2:

"That which pervades the entire body you should know to be indestructible. No one is able to destroy that imperishable soul."

"For the soul there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain."

I totally agree as per the quotes above that we (as souls) are eternal, but don't understand why some still insist on killing animals for food when fruits, grains and dairy products are enough for a healthy diet. Unless you are living in the North Pole and there's no real choice, it's not really showing any love for that other soul.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:26 PM
howiemac

Re: Soul is Eternal - but why kill animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASA
I totally agree as per the quotes above that we (as souls) are eternal, but don't understand why some still insist on killing animals for food when fruits, grains and dairy products are enough for a healthy diet. Unless you are living in the North Pole and there's no real choice, it's not really showing any love for that other soul.

I agree - I am vegetarian myself and don't even eat eggs - but what if you believe that plants have souls too? We have to eat something that has been alive...
Old 05-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Space_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiemac
I agree totally with newyear2006 that it is of great benefit to regain connection with our natural origin and "understand the language of nature".
Ooohhh
Old 05-01-2006, 10:56 PM
howiemac

natural origin of humanity

[quote=Space_Man]I have a tough one for
Old 06-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Space_Man

Re: Soul is Eternal - but why kill animals

Quote:
Sorry
Old 06-01-2006, 11:16 AM
DASA

Vegetarianism

It's a fact that we can't avoid killing. When we boil a kettle of water we kill bacteria, when we walk on the street we step on insects, even when we blink the living beings on our eyes are being affected. Life isn't pretty.

But the question to me is 'How can we reduce the suffering we are giving to other living entities within functional boundaries'.

The suffering animals go through in slaughterhouses and battery farms etc... is far greater than the suffering of plants when we take a fruit from a tree or dig up some vegetables from the ground. Does this not make common sense?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:03 PM
howiemac

Re: Vegetarianism

Quote:
The suffering animals go through in slaughterhouses and battery farms etc... is far greater than the suffering of plants when we take a fruit from a tree or dig up some vegetables from the ground. Does this not make common sense?

it does to me :)
Closed Thread