Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 27-05-2018, 11:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
You are talking of ancestor animals correct?
Yes, your mythological ancestors, which were/are certain animals.
This is all across Siberia, so whether you are Uralic or Altaic the original Animal Ancestor descent grouping or totemic clan division applies. (Perhaps there are exceptions, I just do not know of any).
So if you are Uralic you are generally a descendant of either the Bear or the Moose/Elk Ancestor or if you are Mongol your Ancestors are mainly either the Red Deer or the Blue Wolf.

In the modern times (apart from traditional Australian Aborigines who still practice this), we may no longer adhere to these old totemic kinship rules, but if or when you do ‘Shamanic Journeying’, which is quite valid Shamanic practice, it is actually amazing to come to realize just how much the past still lives within us and with us.
“We may not live in the past, but the past lives in us” (Samuel Pisar quote). So, whatever is in your subconscious or your people’s collective subconscious memory, it will come up for you to witness as alive as it was also back then.

Do Native Americans ’Journey’?

In the youtube video I posted earlier, the man expresses how Spirit or Animal Spirits communicate with us.
He puts it quite well and other people might give other kind of descriptions according to their experience, but from my own experience I would say (and anyone, please be welcome to give better descriptions) …….. that when you let go of your thinking and when your awareness shifts into your energy-body or energy-field, something - somewhat akin to what Yoga Nidra teaches, for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rogU4H6LlEk
………… But it is like that ‘Shamanic Journey’ starts from the point where Yoga Nidra ends. (Still it is quite a good idea to do some balancing meditation before journeying).
It doesn’t have to be traditional drumming, other types of music can work just as well, classical music, meditational music etc.
Once you have let go and your awareness has shifted into the energy-field – you communicate with the animals that come - ‘energetically’ - like when you communicate with ‘ghosts’ or when you are in a silent ‘communion’ - nondual communication with a Spiritual Aboriginal Elder.
You know directly within, what the animal is ‘saying’ to you. So the movement is towards Non-Dual awareness in Shamanism as I understand it.
Quote:
Many do not realize let's put it this way- just why it is so important that if you know your power animal, not to reveal this to any others, even among other Natives.
That might be true to Native Americans, but in Shamanism it is no secret that “The Eagle was the first Shaman” and that the Eagle sits on the top of the World Pole or the World Mountain or the World Tree (Axis Mundi).
http://www.guy-sports.com/fun_pictures/eagle_cloud.jpg
https://i.stack.imgur.com/hcyCr.jpg
Tengerism (Shamanism) logo:
https://metalgaia.files.wordpress.co.../tengerism.jpg

So when the “Thunder(bird)” sounds and you are awakened –– when you enter into time and timelessness (Axis Mundi) - when you are like within the “Womb of Creation” and have a realization of Non-Dual “Oneness” – that is The Eagle giving you a vision.

And if the Thunderbird initiates/empowers you to become a Shaman and the Holy Spirit (like Holy Ghost) comes upon you – you now have the Spirit Animal – Hiimori - as an extra soul that acts like a Guardian Spirit, Teacher-Guide and Protection for the Shaman.

That is one version of becoming a Shaman.
One does not become a Shaman in the workshops. (But never say never).

In Shamanism, we usually have 3 souls, but some Siberian groups claim 4 even 5.

Thank you SaturninePluto
for sharing.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:52 PM
Newbie ;)

I've always found it amusing the amount of seekers that discover their spirit animal is a Bear or wolf or eagle or then maybe the Elk or raven or moose. And not the polecat, mouse or robin all of who have particular strengths and weaknesses as any brother or sister does. I suppose people seek to ally themselves with what is perceived as strength, wisdom and power in their spirit partner. We are all linked from the largest to the smallest. If you wish to follow this path, do not just like the sexy choices. Respect and love for all. You may discover a surprise.