Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-01-2020, 08:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
By constant obsessions with names/titles etc : you can just drop a few Translations and run, discussion isn't needed....

' None of this, however, explains the importance and meaning of these differences and how they impact our understanding of the Bible.'

I wouldn't hold you breath waiting for any explanation
If you go to the General Beliefs forum, NoOne has a thread titled Elohim.

His views on Elohim is different than mine, but he and a few others find Elohim very interesting.

Ask yourself, why was Elohim not included in the various translations but in Hebrew, it was Elohim that did the first creation?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-01-2020, 08:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If you go to the General Beliefs forum, NoOne has a thread titled Elohim.

His views on Elohim is different than mine, but he and a few others find Elohim very interesting.

Ask yourself, why was Elohim not included in the various translations but in Hebrew, it was Elohim that did the first creation?

Can you point out please where I can find the writings regarding the OT that were done by Jesus as you stated in your other Post....

[quote=BigJohn]But then................ Jesus and his Apostles wrote about the Old Testament as if they were physical events.
Old 18-01-2020, 09:05 PM
Master
Quote:
' You mention, you use other versions of God's name. Can you share some of those names '

You mentioned that Jesus wrote about the OT, can you point out please as to where I can find these writings, I'm intrigued....

I asked Molearner 'You mention, you use other versions of God's name. Can you share some of those names?'. I never mentioned I use other versions of God's name. I have mentioned there are other variants in spelling of the name that gets transliterated as Yahweh. So far, I have found at least 10 variants in Hebrew for what gets transliterated as Yahweh: that is the only version of God's name I have written about.

You claimed I "mentioned that Jesus wrote about the OT". Jesus mentioned the Old Testament numerous times. He was a Jew; you would expect that is what he would do. For example, In John 10:34, it reads "Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"'?"

The gospel accounts, record in numerous places, references and quotes from the Old Testament.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-01-2020, 09:20 PM
Master
Quote:
I asked Molearner 'You mention, you use other versions of God's name. Can you share some of those names?'. I never mentioned I use other versions of God's name. I have mentioned there are other variants in spelling of the name that gets transliterated as Yahweh. So far, I have found at least 10 variants in Hebrew for what gets transliterated as Yahweh: that is the only version of God's name I have written about.

You claimed I "mentioned that Jesus wrote about the OT". Jesus mentioned the Old Testament numerous times. He was a Jew; you would expect that is what he would do. For example, In John 10:34, it reads "Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"'?"

The gospel accounts, record in numerous places, references and quotes from the Old Testament.

I didn't claim anything, you Posted that Jesus wrote about the OT, I asked you three times if you can point me in the right direction so I can read the writings, you ignored me because what you wrote it not true...
Jesus never wrote anything and you should be a little more careful about what you Post as it could confuse some.
No writings from Jesus exist according to Biblical Scholars....

[quote=BigJohn]But then................ Jesus and his Apostles wrote about the Old Testament as if they were physical events.quote..
Old 18-01-2020, 09:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Can you point out please where I can find the writings regarding the OT that were done by Jesus as you stated in your other Post....

Quote:
But then................ Jesus and his Apostles wrote about the Old Testament as if they were physical events.

If you want to find some sayings that Jesus and his Apostles said regarding the Old Testament regarding their view of creation and the flood as if they were physical events, read the Gospel accounts.

Some of the scriptures you might enjoy are:

Matthew 24:37 - 39 is probably one of the most popular verses on this subject. It reads:
"For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

Matthew 23:35 makes it clear Jesus believed in the Genesis genealogy. The scriptures read:

"so that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar."

Old 18-01-2020, 09:37 PM
Master
[quote=sky123]I didn't claim anything, you Posted that Jesus wrote about the OT, I asked you three times if you can point me in the right direction so I can read the writings, you ignored me because what you wrote it not true...
Jesus never wrote anything and you should be a little more careful about what you Post as it could confuse some.
No writings from Jesus exist according to Biblical Scholars....

Quote:
But then................ Jesus and his Apostles wrote about the Old Testament as if they were physical events.quote..

I am sorry I did not respond to your question immediately. If you had quoted post 31 and stated there was an error in the post, I would have corrected it immediately.

In post 31, I wrote "But then................ Jesus and his Apostles wrote about the Old Testament as if they were physical events.

Was Jesus wrong?"

What I should have written was "but then................ writers of the Bible Books wrote that Jesus and his Apostles referenced and spoke about the Old Testament as if they were physical events."

Was Jesus wrong?

Old 18-01-2020, 09:40 PM
Master
As for Jesus talking about and quoting from the Old Testament: he certainly did that.

Did he believe the creation account and the flood account as being literal: He certainly did.

Old 18-01-2020, 10:14 PM
Master
Quote:
"But then................ writers of the Bible Books wrote that Jesus and his Apostles referenced and spoke about the Old Testament as if they were physical events."

Was Jesus wrong?

The Apostles may have interpreted what Jesus said as "physical events,' but that does not mean Jesus was
actually talking about physical events. Jesus was a master whose perspective was much greater than his Apostles,
and what they wrote was from their perspective. Just as what we all post here is from our perspective.
Old 18-01-2020, 10:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Starman,

Yes, this is true. But here is the thing: People argue whether the Bible is literal or symbolic. IMO it is both. The literal is for the religious.....the symbolic is for the spiritual. And, by the way, people themselves can be both spiritual and religious just as the Bible is.

Thank you Molearner, that is a very astute observation, one that I don't think is widely realized.
I learned something from what you shared here.
Old 18-01-2020, 10:41 PM
Master

Quote:
As for Jesus talking about and quoting from the Old Testament: he certainly did that.

Did he believe the creation account and the flood account as being literal: He certainly did.

but on the other hand he didn't teach that taking things literally was the path to salvation but to look to the heart of things