Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Hypnoticalec

Increase awareness of the spirit. Tips?

I want to increase my awareness of the spirit. Drugs seem to intensify the spirit to a very obvious level.. Is there any way I can duplicate this?
Old 19-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Experiencer
I dont think drugs intensify the spirit,quite the opposite.
If you want to increase your spirit awareness,just quite your mind,stay tuned with Nature and open up your heart.
Old 19-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Experiencer
Hi

Mediation and try to sense things beyond the physical. Time and patience is required

NightCat
Old 19-08-2014, 01:05 PM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightCat
Mediation and try to sense things beyond the physical. Time and patience is required

NightCat

When I channel a lot of energy to one area it feels hot. Have you ever felt that on your whole body? That's basically my goal.
Old 19-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolxochitl
I dont think drugs intensify the spirit,quite the opposite.
If you want to increase your spirit awareness,just quite your mind,stay tuned with Nature and open up your heart.

Break it down please. Any help is appreciated right now :)
Old 19-08-2014, 07:24 PM
TaoSandwich

If by drugs "increasing awareness of the spirit", you mean "having spiritual experiences", then they aren't doing that at all. Don't focus on the experience, focus on the lasting wisdom of the mind.

Additionally, if you are dependent on a drug to provide you with a feeling of enlightenment, you are adding barriers to enlightenment, not removing them. I would suggest sitting meditation where you observe your thoughts, letting them arise and pass, without interfering with them or pondering them. In my experience, this too has given me feelings of supernatural or "spiritual events" as you describe that drugs do to you, but I hold to the same rule during meditation: don't use the experience as a measure of how enlightened you are (for evidence of this, see how many people in Churches across the nation have a rapturous experience... is it likely that they ALL have achieved enlightenment?) instead, focus on the changes in your daily life that occur after dedicated practice to meditation. Nothing happens without dedication and study... spiritual awakening is no different. Hope this helps!

-TaoSandwich
Old 20-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoSandwich
If by drugs "increasing awareness of the spirit", you mean "having spiritual experiences", then they aren't doing that at all. Don't focus on the experience, focus on the lasting wisdom of the mind.

Additionally, if you are dependent on a drug to provide you with a feeling of enlightenment, you are adding barriers to enlightenment, not removing them. I would suggest sitting meditation where you observe your thoughts, letting them arise and pass, without interfering with them or pondering them. In my experience, this too has given me feelings of supernatural or "spiritual events" as you describe that drugs do to you, but I hold to the same rule during meditation: don't use the experience as a measure of how enlightened you are (for evidence of this, see how many people in Churches across the nation have a rapturous experience... is it likely that they ALL have achieved enlightenment?) instead, focus on the changes in your daily life that occur after dedicated practice to meditation. Nothing happens without dedication and study... spiritual awakening is no different. Hope this helps!
-TaoSandwich

Your reply was interesting however, you were on your own page. Read my reply to NightCat so you can see what I mean. Cheers ^^
Old 20-08-2014, 10:21 AM
TaoSandwich

"When I channel a lot of energy to one area it feels hot. Have you ever felt that on your whole body? That's basically my goal." So your goal is to feel a certain way? In that case, I can't really be of too much help. Although I suppose I would ask why an experience is the end goal. In that case, I'd say that meditation can't replace drugs in terms of giving you experiences.

-TaoSandwich
Old 20-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoticalec
When I channel a lot of energy to one area it feels hot. Have you ever felt that on your whole body? That's basically my goal.

Definitely. Chakra activation I believe is what it is. There are seven main chakras in the body. Little by little, try to individually avtivate them all.

What I do. Pick 1 chakra, focus on it alone. In time it gets warmer and warmer. Think of the breath as fuel and the chakra as a flame.
Old 20-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoticalec
I want to increase my awareness of the spirit. Drugs seem to intensify the spirit to a very obvious level.. Is there any way I can duplicate this?

If you want to,well,i dont know how exactly to put my thought,lets say if you want to acheive kind of a psychedelic,meaning mind-expanded perception,why not try to hold in your mind the intention to percieve through your inner sight those things which normally the brain ignores while it process the information.

For me,focusing my intention on the Consciousness of Plant Kingdom,or an animal psychopomp archetype,usually works.