Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 11-02-2014, 02:01 AM
Master
Please ask me , I will learn from it

I have post a question specially for all the "teacher" or " Master" of Buddhism regards to the reason that makes them to have the emotion to teach but so far after several years , no one have really interested to debate with me .

Many just "break away" from me after several discussion .

But recently , I notice that a few so call " teacher " more interested to ask me question and debated from my answer ........and I found out I really learned a lot not only from my own answer to them but even from they question itself ........
So I hope that if any of teacher here choose not to answer my question , why not put a question to me and give me a chance to learn from you .

My intention is very clear that is merely to learn .........nothing else .
Thks
CSEe
Old 11-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Pathfinder
Why must debate be the only path?
Old 11-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeOfWhite
Why must debate be the only path?

No , debate is perhaps just one of trillions way , but we are here in internet and debate seems to me is one of the best option . Debate pushes me into areas that I never been , challenge my current condition , explore without limits ........
Old 12-02-2014, 12:39 AM
Master
Why all the 'lists' in Buddhism (4 noble truths, 8-fold path, 4 immeasurables, etc)? Isn't the spiritual path unique to each person? Is there some basis to suggest that this one size fits all formula based system is actually effective? Siddhartha didn't follow these to his enlightenment.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Always ask questions CSEe, and don't except anything just because someone else told you so, your inquisitive mind will serve you well, I do like the way you think.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Guide
Talking with others about stuff is a good way to help you understand the subject mentally CSEe. Well it's been fruitful for me anyway. Well for a couple years I mean.

It's great.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Why all the 'lists' in Buddhism (4 noble truths, 8-fold path, 4 immeasurables, etc)?

My current view is nothing is referral to Buddhism even the direct words from Siddharta himself ,because in Buddhism as my current view , we are all alone in the journey of our choice , our will in our world ...so the so call "list" as you mentioned to me is just an information , a knowledge same as what shown to you by Osama , or the nature of a pen on your table , is just a tiny part in Buddhism .Buddhism is all about own self , realization of own self and awaken to the journey .....

Isn't the spiritual path unique to each person? Is there some basis to suggest that this one size fits all formula based system is actually effective? Siddhartha didn't follow these to his enlightenment.

To me , each and every living like human , animal , plant , micro-organsm or non-living like pen , table , rock , water , dead leaf ......is all in own process travelling naturally into the original condition of nothingness , this process is known to me currently as Buddhism ........so each have own journey but destination is same ......into emptiness back into nothingness-The Buddha.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
Always ask questions CSEe, and don't except anything just because someone else told you so, your inquisitive mind will serve you well, I do like the way you think.

To me , in Buddhism all source regardless the nature whether from a "master" like Dalai Lama , or Osama Bin Laden , or the pen on the table even the dirt under my shoes is all a great source to discover own self ...so I do not create emotion to reject or accept rather progress into it ...in Buddhism as what I currently understand , as we awaken to this process , we are changing every moment in time , not by our choice and as we progress into this path , our emotion , our love / greed / desire / fear etc will be reduced / decreased .......this is Buddhism .
Buddhism is a process leading to freedom of emotion not increase of emotion ...so just awake and live the moment -
Old 12-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
Talking with others about stuff is a good way to help you understand the subject mentally CSEe. Well it's been fruitful for me anyway. Well for a couple years I mean.

It's great.

Perhaps I do not "feel" or have desire to creates understanding ...to me currently , in Buddhism "understanding" is not the same as in human culture .
In human culture , we wish to understand so that that understanding will be part of our knowledge and we live in that knowledge ......eventually we became the knowledge itself .

In my current view on Buddhism , "understanding" is tiny part of a process of realization ...........and understanding will lead into freedom of whatever we realized not for keep but rather freedom of it .

So in short , in Buddhism understanding leading to freedom of emotion ...but in human culture , understanding leading to creation of emotion , leading to attachment of such emotion and this is the cause of suffering or joy .....
Old 13-02-2014, 04:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
To me , each and every living like human , animal , plant , micro-organsm or non-living like pen , table , rock , water , dead leaf ......is all in own process travelling naturally into the original condition of nothingness , this process is known to me currently as Buddhism ........so each have own journey but destination is same ......into emptiness back into nothingness-The Buddha.
Is this to say that its impossible to 'practice' Buddhism as everything is already actually living it?

The Buddhist 'religion' as found in USA does not present this individual process at least to beginners for several years. Every talk I have been to, each temple I have visited, books I have read, videos I have watched, discussion with practicing Buddhists have all been about the 'lists' and meditation. While the meditations are obviously personal, the process and format for them is from formula. I will note another thread about yoga where people are arguing that without the physical positions, one can not practice yoga. While yoga is not Buddhism, it illustrates the mentality I have encountered and associate with Buddhists.

Follow up question: If its all just a personal process, what role does 'Buddhism' play?