Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 01-09-2014, 12:54 AM
Pathfinder
Side effects of meditation

Sorry if I'm posting a thread that someone might have already made. I just wanted to know if meditation could be hazardous.Sometimes I'd get these mild convulsions that would last a few seconds and my feet and hands would tingle slightly. I just hope it isn't anything to serious.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:05 AM
Knower
Circulation issue maybe

That sounds like a circulation issue or maybe something medical. The convulsions could be something as minor as muscle release or as major as minor seizures and tremors. i would look up the signs of both and try to discern the differences. Also i would try to stretch and improve your blood flow through position or movement beforehand. Maybe if it seems serious after looking at it closely, see a doctor.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:19 AM
Pathfinder
Ok thanks, also what about the occasional "Demons" and other negative images seen when meditating after not doing so for a certain amount of time. (like a few months)
Old 01-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Knower
Cat Maybe partnered work at that point

The first thing for intruders or disruption would be to have a guide walk through the meditative process with you at those times when it seems that the "others" are going to be bothersome. Not for protection but to note the process and when or what is happening that allows them to be present. Beyond that more specifics and protective or corrective measures would have to tailored to what and how you are approaching things.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:29 AM
Knower
The only "side effect" of meditation is opening yourself up to your cosmic self. I see all kinds of crazy things before I raise my vibration. Remember you are cosmic, infinite - connected to something much larger - that we may never be able to comprehend with our "small mind". Just be open to the experience, regardless of what you see.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Knower
Cat Caution first

On a personal level I agree with Aeracura222. I think that in true meditation you are simply opening your own self awareness and that within that for the most part you are simply observing in all senses.
However, I always urge caution and if you are feeling or in any way aware of something you possibly perceive as hostile then it is possible that you are encountering or touching on something else. Maybe whatever it is is just something inside of you or your psyche, soul, spirit or unconscious (I don't profess to know your beliefs). Whatever you have observed it merits investigation and caution. "Who really knows what is out there" is my approach and because of this I try to always be a little cautious and prepared. If you have a trusted friend or even associate that can observe and work with you or at least share the experience with perhaps that would help, maybe a focal object or a particular memory. I am not sure, but I would not dismiss it.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:00 AM
Guide

non-physical entities do not like the love and light. focus on the heart and the love and share it with others. i bumped up the open heart meditation thread. if you're interested, use that.

enjoy.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 03-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Knower
No side effect just effect of feeling great