Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 18-02-2018, 10:20 PM
Newbie ;)

Scrying using Mirrors

Anyone have any advice for the use of using Scrying Mirrors? Just like the pendulum and Ouija boards there are dos and don'ts with everything. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to safely use and maintain (cleansing etc.) of a Scrying mirror.
Old 19-02-2018, 01:21 AM
Lepus

Hello

You always want to call in your guides or guardians for protection from false misleading influences. Just like meditation find a quiet room with no distracting noises. Sit or stand comfortably from your workspace. Begin by closing your eyes, and attuning your mind to the energy around you. Take some time to gather that energy. When ready, look into the black mirror, while starring, take notice of any images, symbols or words forming. I would suggest having a notebook to record anything you saw. This exercise should take about 30 minutes to an hour, but you can go longer if your eyes aren't weary from gazing into the mirror. Once you've finished, cover the mirror with black cloth. Always maintain the mirror clean and never use it for anything but its intended magickal purpose. I read to keep your scrying mirror clean use alcohol and a soft cloth. I wouldn't do that, you can potentionally catch the mirror on fire, especially when using candles as the only source of light placed near the mirror. I'm sure there are alternatives. You can cleanse your mirror with white sage.

Here are various uses for mirror scrying:

To contact spirit guides

To access knowledge

For healing and self improvement

As a magickal transmitter and receiver

For divining the past, present and future

As a portal to the Astral Plane

For shamanic journeying

For ritual invocation and evocation

To improve visualization skills

Lepus
Old 20-02-2018, 11:20 AM
Seeker

I am interested in this thread as i have just made a black mirror and have been trying it out.

The OP. asks about cleansing etc and I wonder if this is vital before use, I am also pleased to see all the advice on safety and usage etc from Lepus - all useful stuff.

Having tried a few times to see something in my mirror I have not done too well and find I keep blinking, 30 minutes is far more than I can manage - does this matter.

Chris.
Old 21-02-2018, 04:28 AM
Lepus

Hello

Have your lights turned off and use a candle to see. Don't strain your eyes without blinking for 30 minutes. You can gaze for 2-5 minutes without blinking then close your eyes to rest. Repeat this process. Start with 15-20 minutes then progressively add 5 minutes for every session. If your eyes become weary, end the session and try again some other time. You don't necessarily need to clean your mirror for every use, but if that's what your intuition is telling you then clean it.

Lepus
Old 21-02-2018, 10:39 AM
Seeker

Thank you Lepus for your advice.
I don't have candles but turning the light down to a very dim level does help quite a bit. I also find that trying a more relaxed gaze which is easier in dim light, helps a lot. Attempting a short blink-free period and working up looks a good way to go and 2-5 minutes is just about possible but 30 minutes seems out of reach at present, i will work on it though.

Thanks, Chris.
Old 14-03-2018, 12:22 AM
Master
I have a scrying mirror and glad I found this thread.

Before I started working with it, I cleansed and charged it in a vortex near my house. I'm not very good with it but am practising and know it'll take time for me to develop.

As I gaze, the mirror loses it's reflection and it fogs/mists over so the glass turns grey.

As for cleaning the glass, I just use a soft cloth to wipe off the dust.

If you want, you can use ritual to cleanse and charge it.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)