Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 18-08-2015, 01:43 AM
Master
Ultimately, people are going to believe what they want to believe. His video may resonate for some and not resonate for others. I do think it's good to branch out and take a look at the different theories out there. I feel that we're entering into a new age and way of thinking where more people are going to drop these labels and start appreciating the connections for what they are and keep on living.

If you look online and Google "Twin Flame", which I did when I first went through the experience, all you read about are the stages, the running, the chasing, etc. So you cling to that label. That's who he/she is. Then you communicate with others who are going through it and all they want to do is judge your connection and tell you what he/she is to you. You'll hear karmic twin, false twin, near twin, and you're left scratching your head. As if the journey isn't difficult enough, you're constantly faced with these various judgments and labels, and it's painful. It hurts. I think these labels are unhealthy, and personally I believe they only cause people pain and confusion. Then, you have self-professed "Twin Flame" couples who never experienced the stages and the running, chasing, etc, because everything was smooth and the energy was balanced from the start. These people use their unions as some spiritual reward as they look down upon all the "codependent" sad sacks who are chasing or waiting for who they believe are just "karmic connections." I find the whole thing exhausting, and I feel bad for all the people who are suffering the most from it. From what I've seen within the Twin Flame community, it's a bunch of people arguing with each other, making each other feel bad about their personal experiences and connections. Basically everybody claims to be with their Twin Flame, but they doubt anybody else is.
Old 18-08-2015, 01:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyDawn
Sorry I did not watch the video. But I have noticed an energy here after you point out from the video that we can have many twins and twins turn to soulmates and when purpose is served its move on time etc and the response has been resistance from some. I also agree with YS and MShaman about it being an energy, not a person. So it makes sense to me that it could be reflected in other people. But I guess the die hard romantics will cling tightly to 'the one' and thats okay. Maybe it's like a pacifier and comforts?

I don't believe it's the person, it's the soul contract you have with that person which produces that energy required to fulfill the contract. Call it Twin Flame energy, call it whatever you want.

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed." - Carl Gustav Jung
Old 18-08-2015, 03:33 AM
Master

Thnx AwakenedQueen, your last two posts encourage to look at this in a new way which you have delivered well. I saw on another post someone wishing there were an applaud emote and If there were one I'd definitely use it here.

Absolutely agree with post #61.
tbh I hesitate to post anything too personal to me. I tried it last night and went back to delete it.
Old 18-08-2015, 06:59 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
Ultimately, people are going to believe what they want to believe. His video may resonate for some and not resonate for others. I do think it's good to branch out and take a look at the different theories out there. I feel that we're entering into a new age and way of thinking where more people are going to drop these labels and start appreciating the connections for what they are and keep on living.

If you look online and Google "Twin Flame", which I did when I first went through the experience, all you read about are the stages, the running, the chasing, etc. So you cling to that label. That's who he/she is. Then you communicate with others who are going through it and all they want to do is judge your connection and tell you what he/she is to you. You'll hear karmic twin, false twin, near twin, and you're left scratching your head. As if the journey isn't difficult enough, you're constantly faced with these various judgments and labels, and it's painful. It hurts. I think these labels are unhealthy, and personally I believe they only cause people pain and confusion. Then, you have self-professed "Twin Flame" couples who never experienced the stages and the running, chasing, etc, because everything was smooth and the energy was balanced from the start. These people use their unions as some spiritual reward as they look down upon all the "codependent" sad sacks who are chasing or waiting for who they believe are just "karmic connections." I find the whole thing exhausting, and I feel bad for all the people who are suffering the most from it. From what I've seen within the Twin Flame community, it's a bunch of people arguing with each other, making each other feel bad about their personal experiences and connections. Basically everybody claims to be with their Twin Flame, but they doubt anybody else is.

Hi Awakened Queen,

I agree with those key observations. I feel the key is to look within ourselves for the answers more than to others. Would like to add that I also feel our core happiness shouldn't depend on another human being(s) (its hard I know) but should flow from within from genuine self-love and from the awareness of God's great love for each of us. When we love ourselves we are more equipped to love others genuinely and selflessly.

- Blissful
Old 18-08-2015, 07:34 AM
Master
Seriously though, I just feel an incredible unconditional love for this person which needs no reason to exist... I love him. When I look into his eyes... when I feel him... little silly things like the way his hair looks uncombed... his closed lip smile which is a little mischievous... or how he used to wear his shirts inside-out and backwards as a kid. The love is so out of this world that I have gone to great lengths trying to understand it; it reminded me of who I was when I was an addict/incredibly unhealthy, it showed me God, it smacked me wide awake. But it can't be understood. SO I am back to where I started... I love him. End of story. (Thanks for reading. This is my experience. :)
Old 18-08-2015, 08:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Ultimately, people are going to believe what they want to believe.... These people use their unions as some spiritual reward as they look down upon all the "codependent" sad sacks who are chasing or waiting for who they believe are just "karmic connections."

Hey Awakened Queen, It would be nice of you to not refer to people as "codependent" sad sacks... I know and love someone who was deeply codependent and this hurts to hear. What benefit is there (for you or them) to give a group of people who are already in a lot of pain a degrading label, thus simplifying and minimizing their own suffering and unique experiences. That is not an expression of love...

You do sound exhausted by all the twin flame talk. Maybe take a break from this forum then? Because you are only going to find more of that twin flame talk here

I believe all the concepts and doctrine are fantasy. I believe that the Divine Love is the only real thing ultimately... And I do believe many of us have had glimpses of it, and that these experiences are so profound that the mind latches onto the memory and then creates a story, a doctrine, and even an identity, around the memory of the experience. I personally found the concepts like kundalini rising, twin flame, stages etc. to be very helpful at the beginning. Now, I find letting go of these concepts is a part of my process.

I urge you to see how whether people are truly awakening or "just" having an egoic possessive experience, romantic relationships accelerate growth. They trigger us, bring out a whole lot of neurosis which you are witnessing in others, and ultimately help us evolve towards embodying Love. Who ever said evolution wasn't messy.

As for your comment that people are going to believe what they believe. I completely agree. Different perspectives and experiences make for a rich and sometimes challenging learning environment here. I think it's good to hold onto our beliefs loosely... and I will try to myself
Old 18-08-2015, 09:11 AM
Master
Quote:
From what I've seen within the Twin Flame community, it's a bunch of people arguing with each other, making each other feel bad about their personal experiences and connections. Basically everybody claims to be with their Twin Flame, but they doubt anybody else is.

I must say, I feel very comfortable and safe here. Nobody has ever made me feel bad about my personal experience. I see a lot of people helping each other laugh and just showing each other love...

I mean, we all feel a little lost and lonely right? Why else would we be on an online forum? Mine as well be loving towards each other. I'm sorry that you have had a different experience and I hope you don't find my response unsupportive.
Old 18-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyDawn
Cool Bbird. I have a fear of being constantly rejected. The hope of 'more twins' or more 'the one(s)' that are out there then the more hope I have of getting it right. No matter how much I would like him to turn around I also have to accept it may never happen. And if that is my last shot at love then it makes me feel miserable. I don't know if anyone here understands that?

Hey FairyDawn, I admire your honesty and vulnerability. That does make a lot of sense. Thanks for sharing. Of course it isn't your last shot at love...
Someone once told me, "Don't dismiss it for what it's not. Cherish it for what it is." This has helped me to open up to loving others. Each connection is special I hope this isn't too personal, but I get the feeling that believing you ARE indeed worthy of the greatest love is a crucial step for you. (I guess I'm really loving this thread, on a roll here lol.)
Old 18-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
Hey Awakened Queen, It would be nice of you to not refer to people as "codependent" sad sacks... I know and love someone who was deeply codependent and this hurts to hear. What benefit is there (for you or them) to give a group of people who are already in a lot of pain a degrading label, thus simplifying and minimizing their own suffering and unique experiences. That is not an expression of love...

No, you misunderstood my point. I was saying that's how Twin Flame couples perceive the ones who are separated. They see those people as codependent and delusional, because it's not mutual. That's when you have people throwing around the "karmic and near twin" label around. I think the labels are unhealthy because nobody can agree what a Twin Flame really is. I have Aquarius and Uranus in my natal chart. I'm all about going against convention and breaking paradigms such as these. I, personally, have a lot of respect for Matt Kahn by coming out stating his beliefs on Twin Flames. Most people just go with whatever they are told and whatever they read. I'm done with that way of thinking.

Twin Flame couples who are together and never had that push/pull or running/chasing claim that's what a true Twin Flame is. But when you read about Twin Flames, it's the complete opposite of that. So, who is right?
Old 18-08-2015, 09:51 PM
Master

Thnx BBird. I'm probably more vulnerable right now because of the astrological alignment. Quoted is some of what we can expect this month and into September.
Quote:
This is a month of reconciliation, forgiveness and vast opportunity provided that you look for the opportunities instead of focusing on the obstacles.
Quote:
With the cycle of birth, life and re-birth being highlighted by so many retrograding planets, the level of self-reflection and internalization creates a lot of scenarios where emotions may get “messy” and possibly create situations of “over-sharing,” “unloading,” or —GASP— speaking straight from the heart.

While some are comfortable with high levels of intimacy, many find that there are a growing number of people that would prefer that everyone keep their emotions to themselves unless specifically solicited. So keep your eyes and your consciousness wide open for the “deer caught in the headlights” expression of “fight or flight” that may come from people that get anxiety from the emotional intimacy.
Quote:
As for those “messy” emotions, Pisces might win the “klutz” of the year award for emotional freedom and courage. Not because Pisces lacks emotional strength, but because they are strong enough not to put up a shield to hide their insecurities. Pisces tend to have less fear of being vulnerable than the majority and are often more willing to take chances by having faith in those that surround them. So don’t feel that you need to keep all of your emotions under wraps like some of my fire-sign and air-sign friends, let those waters flow.

Anyway, wasn't meaning to turn this into an astrological thread. I do notice im more vulnerable though I'm also trying to shake off a cold too.
I'm aware my fears are ego based and viewed from an ego perspective. I have plans for them fears and that is to work through them and transmute them.