Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 11-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizefun
What I can think of right now is that I’m currently facing myself as being a soft creature. I think everyone is a soft creature. Because consciousness is soft. Isn’t the universe also soft? Maybe we can’t seem to get the math right about laws of whatever in the spiritual sector because the universe is playing tricks on us so to say. Maybe we should see it in a different light. Something softer...

I am not sure what you mean by the term soft in this context. If you mean soft in the sense of flowing then I would agree that consciousness is flowing, allowing all things to be from moment to moment. Our difficulty as humans is that we tend to be quite rigid, wanting things to be a certain way and often resisting how things actually are. If we can learn to surrender and just flow with life then it all becomes a lot easier.

Peace
Old 11-11-2019, 10:12 PM
Abraham-Hicks explains things pretty well here -a 3 minute youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aIyaIwu84k

Opposite ends of the same thing attract....don't listen to me --the lady asking is having a hard
time understanding - so listen...I mean, if you want to understand this better.
Or not.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-11-2019, 06:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The trouble for me is that these charlatans call their ideas "Laws" which they patently aren't. The moment I see such-and-such-spiritual "law" my bullometer hits a high reading. They probably use the term to lend authority to their blurb because it hints at some scientific classification which turns out to be quite illusory.

There is truth in this and I have been pondering on this. Perhaps we have to differentiate between physical laws and metaphysical laws.

Physical laws are those laws governing the physical universe which have been proven by science, such as Newton's laws or Ohm's law. They are objective and measurable - ten different people could do the same experiment and get the same result. No doubt there are physical laws which have yet to be discovered, so perhaps one day phenomena such as levitation will be acknowledged as a reality.

Metaphysical laws may be considered as principles which apply to the non-physical and which may produce results in the physical, such as the Law of Attraction. These are more subjective and less measurable - ten different people could try the same experiment to manifest something with widely varying results. Those who succeed will say that the Law of Attraction works. Those who fail will say that the Law of Attraction is nonsense.

It may be that the Law of Attraction is a genuine principle but not everyone has learned to apply it successfully. So can we still call it a law? If the theory is correct then yes, I think we can. Humans just have to improve their ability to apply it in practice.

Peace
Old 13-11-2019, 08:25 AM
Master

iamthat, by soft I mean genuine. Loving. But also vulnerable. It’s a specific feeling or sense of softness I can’t really describe... it’s due to many interactions with my own mind that I got that sense of softness. It’s rather intuitive. Don’t give it too much rational thought. It is to be experienced, in my case due to a lot of rage.

I think this thread is a real good discussion. I feel we are making a lot of progress here in our minds and concepts. Don’t you all agree?
Old 13-11-2019, 11:32 AM
Knower

I'm glad to see some healthy discussion on these forums. I thought I was going to be a fish out of water for questioning the LoA. Here are some thoughts I had while reading this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The attraction of opposites is based on polarity. The attraction of similars is based on resonance. Perhaps both are true, under different conditions. Opposites attract, and also like attracts like. A bit of a paradox.
Peace

I think it's a mistake to conflate resonance and attraction. LoA advocates often use the example of one tuning fork resonating in sympathy with another placed nearby, as long as the two are tuned to the same frequency. But note that the tuning forks are not attracted to each other like magnets are - they only resonate in sympathy. Similarly, a radio tuned to 100.00mhz does not attract signals broadcasting at that frequency, but only resonates with signals that are already broadcasting within its reception area.

Wouldn't it then be more consistent with the evidence to assume that life is a seemingly random* stream of events and people, and that of the things that come our way, we resonate with some and not others? Or perhaps like the original poster suggested, the whole resonance concept is completely redundant and we simply make choices. This seems far more consistent with my observations of the world. I could mention a million examples, but I'll save you the other 999,999 and just mention this one: people are always attracted to amicable souls. Even the most hard-hearted, vicious person would still rather spend time with a kind soul. Despite this, they may find themselves surrounded by their own kind, but based on the choices model - is that really surprising? Who would choose to be around a vicious person, unless their only other option was solitude, or they had some issues to work out?

(*I say "seemingly random" in the sense that it's beyond our ability to formularise it. I certainly hope it is strictly controlled by some all-knowing intelligence and not by a cosmic monkey haphazardly smashing buttons at a giant control panel.)

Either way, I can't abide the idea of a universe that's strictly governed by laws. To me it seems like a post-enlightenment attempt to apply the scientific method to matters far beyond the scope of science. And if the universe really were that scientific, then what part does God/our higher self play in the unfolding of our lives? Did he just create this incomprehensible, ingenious Machine on the first day, set it in motion like a giant Rube-Goldberg contraption, then put his feet up?

LoA is, to me, like any organised religion - people observe certain tendencies, decide they've got it all figured out to a formula, then preach it to others as though it's ineffable truth. As another poster mentioned, Jesus put it much more simply and never implied the existence of a law: ask your Higher Self, then believe in order to receive - because part of what we're here to learn is faith and trust. But this, of course, is unpalatable to post-enlightenment minds who prefer to believe that everything is explainable by science, even that which lies beyond the created physical plane!

Thank you very much for reading.
Old 13-11-2019, 12:03 PM
Master

In my life I always have these little breakthrough moments. These moments that I am in a different state, and that people seem to respond to that (even on distance). I can never again create such a moment it seems... it’s why I initially begun to think in terms of laws. What laws make these breakthroughs? What makes my life a better place in a merely magical way? But I’ve never figured it out... loa doesn’t seem to fit honestly. Sometimes my focus works one moment and then when I try to try again, it fails. Also I’ve tried to attract several objecte into my life from a dictionary, completely unrelated and unnattached to it, but it never got into my life. You could argue that it needs e-motion so to say. But I think all of my attempts to find a short cut till now have failed. There needs to be more to it. It has to be more complex. Maybe it’s all about fate and we’ve designed our lives way more rigged than assumed. Maybe there really is some kind of perspective on this... seemingly it works for some. So why am I different? Could it for example differentiate per family? That it is engineered into our “genes” (quote quote because who knows whether physical or not). Or maybe we live in a soft universe that grows us. Keeps us alive and one day we’ll leave. Or is this some kind of matrix (from the movie) except that thoughts don’t do it. It’s just a learning hologram and the laws are configured personally. Such that one lives in it’s own bubble of laws. Or could it be that each consciousness responds differently to the environment that we put out through a creative flow?

Btw, we all see that this basically is a “get what you want” game? Maybe we live in some kind of mental puzzle? Just like rats in a maze but less evil? More like a challange to grow?

I often get scared by the law of attraction anyway... it makes me watch myself too much. It doesn’t do good for my mental health. Nor my physical one.

Also, in my life I have several moments where I thought intensively about things which became true. Such as the coming of binaural beats, wherefore I didn’t have a name. This is normal during a awakening I guess. Has nothing to do with LOA. It is instead help from somewhere inside or outside yourself to know what’s coming. Like an affirmation of your empowerment or hints to where you should be going. Also I have had intensive thoughts that I believed which didn’t become true at all, even of the same kind.
Old 13-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizefun
seemingly it works for some. So why am I different?

I think you may find it works for a lot fewer people than you imagine. If you search LoA on YouTube, a huge number of the videos have titles appealing to people's frustration with the whole concept. e.g. "Why the LoA isn't working for you - you need to do THIS ONE THING!" "Why most people fail at the LoA!"

Also check the number of video views vs. the number of comments. Many of them have lots of successful comments, but you'll find they usually have 10 or 20 times the number of views than comments. Gotta wonder what happened with all those people who didn't comment.

LoA reminds me of the foreign currency trading scam. Only about 10% of people make money out of it while 90% lose the farm. Yet the lure of effortless free money is so great that an entire industry has been built out of teaching people to find the holy grail of trading systems. LoA is even more alluring as it promises effortless free money and love and everything else you can imagine. You'll never go broke selling people these dreams, and as the LoA gurus wheel their wads of cash away in a wheelbarrow, they use their financial success as evidence that the law works. If they mean the law of human covetousness, then they're probably correct.
Old 13-11-2019, 12:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon
I think you may find it works for a lot fewer people than you imagine. If you search LoA on YouTube, a huge number of the videos have titles appealing to people's frustration with the whole concept. e.g. "Why the LoA isn't working for you - you need to do THIS ONE THING!" "Why most people fail at the LoA!"

Also check the number of video views vs. the number of comments. Many of them have lots of successful comments, but you'll find they usually have 10 or 20 times the number of views than comments. Gotta wonder what happened with all those people who didn't comment.

LoA reminds me of the foreign currency trading scam. Only about 10% of people make money out of it while 90% lose the farm. Yet the lure of effortless free money is so great that an entire industry has been built out of teaching people to find the holy grail of trading systems. LoA is even more alluring as it promises effortless free money and love and everything else you can imagine. You'll never go broke selling people these dreams, and as the LoA gurus wheel their wads of cash away in a wheelbarrow, they use their financial success as evidence that the law works. If they mean the law of human covetousness, then they're probably correct.

Yes that may be completely true. My first approach of figuring out how the universe worked wasn’t build on effortlessness. It was build on theory. Complex theory. Maybe I should get into that part of my brain again... the part that solves problems. Also, there might be some “laws”. Consistent or not. However effortlessness isn’t the way for most I guess...