Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 13-02-2015, 03:53 PM
Ascender
Any Good Fiction or Fact stroies About Parallel Universes?

When I saw the post regarding Parallel Universes I became very excited. I have always loved a good story even if it is fiction about traveling to parallel worlds in which everything is almost the same but not quite right.

I love the idea that something suddenly appears or disappears that the observer is consciously aware of.

I have seen a few out there but it seems this is sub-genre of fiction that has yet reach it's golden age.

On another note, if you personally have traveled to a parallel reality please share your story, I want to hear all about it. How did you get back, that is if you ever made it back?

Thanks
Old 15-02-2015, 04:12 AM
Guide
In Season 6 of a TV series called Lost there are two simultaneous plots going on with the same characters that happen in different parallel realities from each other. There's also another older show called Sliders about a group of people that go from one parallel universe to another trying to find their way home.

There's a movie called Another Earth. It's not really a science fiction movie like you would think. But in this film somehow a parallel earth comes into contact with our Earth.

I'm sure there are lots of other shows movies out there in this genre. I'll let you know if I think of any others.
Old 15-02-2015, 06:04 AM
Ascender
I'll check some of those shows out. Do you know any novels? Thanks :)
Old 15-02-2015, 05:50 PM
Ann09

You may want to read the book, "Traveling To Parallel Universes", by Trish LeSage. It's a book about people's true life experiences of traveling to parallel universes. The new edition of it is NOT available on Amazon. You have to get it from the author's website at beyond 3d books dot com.
Old 15-02-2015, 06:33 PM
Ascender
I will check it out.
Old 17-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Master
Watch the Stargate series, they touch on a lot of metaphysical concepts, such as time travel, parallell universes, scension, different worlds in the universe, etc. It's sci-fi series. Warning though, it's really long! There's Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. :)
Old 17-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Ann09

One of my all time favorites is the TV show, "Quantum Leap". It aired in the 80's. It's about a guy who jumps to different time periods to help the people there. His identity changes every time he leaps to a different time period.

Good time travel movies:

Back To The Future I
Back To The Future II
Back To The Future III
The Two Worlds of Jennie Logan
Somewhere In Time

These are all older TV shows and movies, but they're still good.
Old 18-02-2015, 05:52 AM
Master
Robert Heinlein had some great multidimensional story lines that ran through several of his books. Also Stranger in a Strange Land (also by Heinlein) was a fascinating read from a spiritual perspective.
Old 18-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsoo
Watch the Stargate series, they touch on a lot of metaphysical concepts, such as time travel, parallell universes, scension, different worlds in the universe, etc. It's sci-fi series. Warning though, it's really long! There's Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. :)

Stargate is the best. I used to be obsessed with that as a kid. I used to think "I'm sure Atlantis is real, how is it only a myth and tv series", but I knew nothing about earth's real history back then. Fascinating really.

But yeah it's super long lol. I stopped watching at stargate universe.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Sybarine

The Long Earth series by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter