Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 29-05-2018, 12:49 AM
Master
Let's say he did make himself known through Jesus, but not everyone was convinced from that. What if God sent Jesus today, able to do everything he did before, even proven miracles under scientific scrutiny, probably that still won't convince everybody on the planet. It would be very interesting though.
Old 29-05-2018, 01:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Just imagine how the world would change if God would speak quite clearly to all of the 8 billion Earth inhabitants at the same time and say something like this: On the 2nd of May this year the sun will appear in the sky as always but it will be green. It will stay green for one complete turn of the planet so that everyone can see it and so know, following my words to you all, that I am.

This would be no skin off God's nose and would allow us to get on with things. And as we also know changing the colour of the sun for a day would be easy, requiring only a miracle, of which there are many in the Bible, so having a decisive miracle 2000 years later could only be positive.

This would solve quite a number of obvious problems and we wouldn't be requested 'to believe', something which has caused and still causes friction and has no point anyway. Instead of believing (in whatever) we'd KNOW.

Then we could live our lives accordingly without fighting among ourselves as to who is right. Let's get rid of all 'beliefs', all superstitions, all religious traditions, all church buildings, all professional preachers, all funny clothes, hats, bishops and popes and their ilk - in fact let's rid ourselves of the whole pot and be able to look God directly in the eye.

Why should he/she/it want it to be otherwise.?????

There are only two choices. Be with God, be without God.

Those on earth are without God in the sense that they are not one with God.

I assume people incarnated as indivudals to experience what it is like to be separate from God.

Buddha said it best, "life is suffering".

to be apart from God is to suffer.

Why we would all choose that is beyond me, but that is how I realize things to be.

When we have had enough, we will go back.

There is no rush either. There is a place beyond time with God.
Old 29-05-2018, 06:47 AM
Master

Reading through all these responses and replies gives the impression that had (a) god ever showed itself in such a way that its existence would be unmistakable great holes would appear in the lives of those who hold onto this thing called faith. Faith is defined in Encarta as a (strong) belief without logical proof.

It would, it seems, be terrible if doubts of God's existence were wiped from the human race. This knowledge would immediately remove centuries of devotion and service so allowing all people to become informed and convinced without paying any penance or dues. The crux of any religion could (right at the end) be said to be 'I told you so!'

We would thus (by God showing itself) move up a step in the scheme of things (whatever that may be) following a goodwill gesture by a being who has remained hidden since the beginning of time and for whom we have invented countless stories and symbols in the hope that we will be 'saved'.

It would be good for the world to get out of this 'is there or isn't there' conundrum and really know what life is all about without having to revert to texts written at a time when mankind was still (at least in the Middle East) watching over sheep.

God can at any time he wishes appear in the skies, I'd be more than happy to thank him for this wonderful world. In the meantime I'll go on looking at the many other possibilities of creation there are which are so teasingly showing themselves.
Old 29-05-2018, 12:54 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Arrow Cosmic Trinity Is A Primary Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
There is a place beyond time with God.

0} Metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts are "beyond time", mass, spin, charge etc and spirit-of-intent.

----line of demarcation--------------

1} the macro-infinite metaphysical-2, non-occupied space is beyond occupied space ergo beyond the following set of three;

2} the physical Observed Time aka reality ^v^v aka /\/\/ i.e. fermions, bosons and any aggregate resultant thereof
...occupied space....

3} Metaphysical-3, Gravity ( ),
...occupied space....

4} Metaphysical-4, Dark Energy )(
.....occupied space....

" G "od = " U "niverse and include all of the above and is the top the cosmic heriarchy as the Cosmic Trinity ie,

1} metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts ex concept of space, time, dogs etc,

2} the macro-infinite non-occupied space,

3} occupied space

God = Universe aka Uni-V-erse and is only 2a, 2b and 2c in the above.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 29-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
to be apart from God is to suffer.

Why we would all choose that is beyond me

How about this:

As God does not remember (he only knows), so is our memory only of our making.
And because the memory is not of God, we tend to 'forget'.
And in our forgetting, we put ourselves in front of God, take us as seriously as we can, and thus forget that God is, what actually brings us happiness.

Now and then we recall the memory of God and we return.
Old 29-05-2018, 09:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Reading through all these responses and replies gives the impression that had (a) god ever showed itself in such a way that its existence would be unmistakable great holes would appear in the lives of those who hold onto this thing called faith. Faith is defined in Encarta as a (strong) belief without logical proof.

It would, it seems, be terrible if doubts of God's existence were wiped from the human race. This knowledge would immediately remove centuries of devotion and service so allowing all people to become informed and convinced without paying any penance or dues. The crux of any religion could (right at the end) be said to be 'I told you so!'

We would thus (by God showing itself) move up a step in the scheme of things (whatever that may be) following a goodwill gesture by a being who has remained hidden since the beginning of time and for whom we have invented countless stories and symbols in the hope that we will be 'saved'.

It would be good for the world to get out of this 'is there or isn't there' conundrum and really know what life is all about without having to revert to texts written at a time when mankind was still (at least in the Middle East) watching over sheep.

God can at any time he wishes appear in the skies, I'd be more than happy to thank him for this wonderful world. In the meantime I'll go on looking at the many other possibilities of creation there are which are so teasingly showing themselves.

Heres the thing though. When people say "why doesn't God show itself" they often are implying they want God to break the rules of reality and "show itself". Why would God do that though. God made reality with rules in place for a reason. Those laws govern the universe and are not meant to be broken.

People could look at a million billion different things and say "wow, wonder who made this. the intelligence that crafted this thing must be God". but its never enough. miracle after miracle they witness, but they just think its a boring old thing and its not a miracle. they know a tree as a tree, a tree isnt a miracle to them because they know what a tree is. its like this with just about every miracle of gods. people usually have this "seen it before, its old and boring" attitude to things.

God is the skies. Why is that not good enough for you? why do you need something to break the laws of reality and physics before you believe? Why is the impossible the only thing that can persuade you?

God has shown up many many many times. Just listen to countless human beings who say, "I am God in the flesh".

God has shown up in our reality without breaking the rules of our reality. ergo, God has shown up just how God should show up. God has shown up countless times. But for the doubter, God has never shown up.
Old 29-05-2018, 09:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
0} Metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts are "beyond time", mass, spin, charge etc and spirit-of-intent.

----line of demarcation--------------

1} the macro-infinite metaphysical-2, non-occupied space is beyond occupied space ergo beyond the following set of three;

2} the physical Observed Time aka reality ^v^v aka /\/\/ i.e. fermions, bosons and any aggregate resultant thereof
...occupied space....

3} Metaphysical-3, Gravity ( ),
...occupied space....

4} Metaphysical-4, Dark Energy )(
.....occupied space....

" G "od = " U "niverse and include all of the above and is the top the cosmic heriarchy as the Cosmic Trinity ie,

1} metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts ex concept of space, time, dogs etc,

2} the macro-infinite non-occupied space,

3} occupied space

God = Universe aka Uni-V-erse and is only 2a, 2b and 2c in the above.

IDK what you are getting at man. Explain it in a paragraph form please, these formula and equations get my mind tired.
Old 29-05-2018, 09:43 PM
Master
Quote:

We may not have the capacity to know exactly why God does not reveal Itself in the mundane capacity that you had described. However, God reveals Itself in infinite ways to those who are in alignment with Universal Consciousness; those with open and innocent hearts. I See God, but not as a visage in the sky, but in the expansion of my own Soul and its flowering of Consciousness. This is not a matter of faith as an unconscious and ignorant belief of dogma. Rather, this is a Spiritual Knowing that transcends concepts and ideas altogether. And within this Divinity that I See, there is also an all encompassing inclusion of your eager and happy exploration of cosmological ideas pertaining to creation. Go out there, travel the Universe a few times, and share what you find! Best wishes and safe travels to you.

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬

Last edited by Imzadi : 29-05-2018 at 11:59 PM.
Old 30-05-2018, 01:47 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Arrow All Good Things Take Effort

Quote:
IDK what you are getting at man. Explain it in a paragraph form please, these formula and equations get my mind tired.

Start line of text one if you dont grasp I will be happy to assist.

Use a dictionary if you need to. I'm not using any foreign language except for the occasional 'ergo' latin for therefore, and course polyhedra are in greek ex tetra{4}hedron etc.

You dont even appear to even made any effort to even grok one word much less the whole thing.

If you have no sincere interest, then you should move along to that which tickles your intellect or whatever.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 30-05-2018, 10:36 AM
Master
Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous Einstein

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]