Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-04-2019, 10:11 PM
Knower
spiritual masters

you know they say ascended spiritual masters through out time and how they were highly psychic and had mediumship abilities to receive any information.
this is a very touchy topic i noticed the religious people will not acept this and will go in debate mode with you lol
i just wanted to ask do you feel jesus was the greatest of them all or would you say they are equal in their own way it's like with buddha a very peaceful person yeah.
it's just the way the bible explains the thing's that jesus did it's beyond what the other masters have done but the trouble with the bible is the metaphor style talk it's like where it says the 2nd coming of christ, alot of people from different paths believe it's a metaphor for the ascension process of today.
Old 17-04-2019, 10:33 PM
Knower
i have noticed where if im reading about this sort of thing there's discussions about how heaven and hell are celestial metaphor's.
the trouble is where your brought up and religion is there and your forced to believe when you are young and as you get older you will start to question it and go in research mode like me and your on a journey to try to discover the bigger picture, it's like i want to say it's like a forgotten memory hard to find and i get the sense that religion and all its scare tactics acts as a mental block but deep down you feel as if there is more to discover. anyone else feel the same way lol
Old 16-05-2019, 09:40 AM
depthsee

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
i have noticed where if im reading about this sort of thing there's discussions about how heaven and hell are celestial metaphor's.
the trouble is where your brought up and religion is there and your forced to believe when you are young and as you get older you will start to question it and go in research mode like me and your on a journey to try to discover the bigger picture, it's like i want to say it's like a forgotten memory hard to find and i get the sense that religion and all its scare tactics acts as a mental block but deep down you feel as if there is more to discover. anyone else feel the same way lol

I haven't seen other dimensions, but one thing I am sure of,is that heaven and hell are also names for very particular states of awareness, here on earth.
Old 17-04-2019, 11:14 PM
Master

Personally I would not use the Bible to try to understand the life of Jesus.

Nor would I try to compare one Master's attainments with another Master's attainments. How can I know what they have attained?

And psychic abilities and mediumship are best avoided if they are the lower astral psychism.

But keep asking the questions.

Peace.
Old 18-04-2019, 02:36 PM
Ascender

Religious people are often stuck in their own dogma and cannot expand their views to include anything else, because they've been taught this makes their religion untrue, thus they depend their dogma, even against the most logical differing options. I've personally taken the religion I grew up with and expanded upon those views.
I don't know about saying that the things Jesus did were more spectacular than what other "ascended masters" did. If you look at the Buddhas, they did some pretty spectacular things as well. Look at the second Buddha, Padmasambhava, he did some pretty crazy and amazing things. If you believe what they say, and then we also have to take into consideration that none of us was there (at least not what we currently remember) and we don't know how much of these stories were myth and how much is fact.

The difference I see is the Buddhas came to understand who they were through the course of their lives, while Jesus appears to have been born knowing who and what he was.
If you compare a lot of these different ancient texts and holy books, a lot of them are saying a lot of the same things and have very similar prophecies. There is a lot about ascension in the Bible, the Muslim texts, Zoroastrianism, just to name a few and they all say things that are surprisingly similar.
There was a reason why Jesus spoke in metaphors, because his deeper teachings would not be accepted by everyone. For a more in depth view of what Jesus taught about ascension, read the book "Children of the Light" by Wilson and Prentis.
Old 26-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
you know they say ascended spiritual masters through out time and how they were highly psychic and had mediumship abilities to receive any information.
this is a very touchy topic i noticed the religious people will not acept this and will go in debate mode with you lol
i just wanted to ask do you feel jesus was the greatest of them all or would you say they are equal in their own way it's like with buddha a very peaceful person yeah.
it's just the way the bible explains the thing's that jesus did it's beyond what the other masters have done but the trouble with the bible is the metaphor style talk it's like where it says the 2nd coming of christ, alot of people from different paths believe it's a metaphor for the ascension process of today.
the world is so big. Often beyond our own comprehending. Different beliefs different God's everyone believes there way is the "right" and "only" way. What if we broke away from the Hurd and believed what is true to yourself. Is it that a lot of people simply don't know how to do it?
Old 27-05-2019, 08:39 PM
Master
I would only trust a spiritual master that carries a stick and won't hesitate to use it on me. Jesus and Buddha seem highly overrated and i wouldn't trust their teachings. As usual with popular spiritual masters. Now if Buddha and Jesus were around and i was serious about waking up, i would still choose the Zen master with the mean look on his face, carrying a stick on his hand. That's the guy most likely to give me that push. Not the clown preaching about love, light, and compassion.

I get the impression that the most popular so called spiritual masters are all highly overrated and the least popular ones, the ones that don't care to write books, are the ones that would most likely give you that push. They would likely have only a few students (maybe only 2 or 3) but those few would likely be more serious about waking up.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I would only trust a spiritual master that carries a stick and won't hesitate to use it on me. Jesus and Buddha seem highly overrated and i wouldn't trust their teachings. As usual with popular spiritual masters. Now if Buddha and Jesus were around and i was serious about waking up, i would still choose the Zen master with the mean look on his face, carrying a stick on his hand. That's the guy most likely to give me that push. Not the clown preaching about love, light, and compassion.

I get the impression that the most popular so called spiritual masters are all highly overrated and the least popular ones, the ones that don't care to write books, are the ones that would most likely give you that push. They would likely have only a few students (maybe only 2 or 3) but those few would likely be more serious about waking up.

It is possible that if Jesus and/or the Buddha were teaching today in physical form then what they teach and how they teach could be quite different from the popular versions of their teachings.

I too suspect that the popular so-called spiritual masters serve a purpose in that they attract followers at a certain stage of development while less well-known teachers work with those who are more advanced.

Peace.
Old 28-05-2019, 06:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
It is possible that if Jesus and/or the Buddha were teaching today in physical form then what they teach and how they teach could be quite different from the popular versions of their teachings.

Most likely but what else to go by. Buddha and Jesus are entirely fictional as is their "teachings."

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

I too suspect that the popular so-called spiritual masters serve a purpose in that they attract followers at a certain stage of development while less well-known teachers work with those who are more advanced.

Peace.

I wouldn't say advance just a different path, different intentions.

I always felt this humorous images was a good example of a master, and student relationship.

Old 28-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Most likely but what else to go by. Buddha and Jesus are entirely fictional as is their "teachings."

I wouldn't say advance just a different path, different intentions.

I always felt this humorous images was a good example of a master, and student relationship.

the cartoon is priceless! I'll be laughing at it for a while!