Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 07-06-2019, 04:04 AM
Newbie ;)

why satvik bhojan ?

I have heard that satvik bhojan is good for spirituality. why ?
Old 07-06-2019, 05:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry420
I have heard that satvik bhojan is good for spirituality. why ?

Sattvic is one of the three gunas, the others being tamasic and rajasic..

Tamas: ignorance, darkness, fear
Rajas: passion, energy, change
Sattva: harmony, balance, divine

This comes back in all things we do, from music to food and from activities to spirituality. We are said to be a mix. Sattvic is closer aligned to our divine nature so a sattvic bhojan would improve this connection and bring us balance and peace of mind, and is therefore more spiritually beneficial..
Old 11-06-2019, 07:33 AM
Knower

Whenever you sacrifice an animal to make it your meal, just imagine for a while about how you would feel if you KNEW that after some moments someone will slaughter you?

Intense anxiety? Pain? Fear? And what not?
The way we feel is the way our body reaponds. Brain sends stress hormonea to body (Flight or Fight) .

Now youll have flesh of an animal which is filled with fluids of brain of stress, anxiety, and fear e. T. C.
And this is how YOU after having that food would feel as Bhagwad Gita says.

Jaisa Ann waisa Mann. Which means your calm of mind is dependent on the food you eat.

If you eat more raw foods, less processed foods, satvik foods, you spritual journey will get boosted as it will be easier for you to remain calm and happy.

Hope this helps :)
Old 11-06-2019, 09:08 AM
Master
Good post jay.kishan...

And it's not just the slaughter, it's the entire process of being treated like a ''product'', getting fattened and living in poor conditions from birth, then when said ''product'' is 'finished', he/she is send on a truck, with others.. all in fear and in darkness.. to the end of the line. It is disturbingly reminiscent of what happened to people throughout Europe not too long ago. I've seen those places, and the pictures, and the process. It is horror..

And your post reminds me.. I should read the Bhagavad Gita again, and just have it as a real book..
I remember it was very precise and to the point, no sugar coating or pointless side tracking..
Old 11-06-2019, 09:15 AM
Knower

Exactly Altair.
Its whole process which keeps those animal under constant STRESS .
Bhagwad Gita is very precise and full of info and one has to absorb the info it gives. I read it when i was 17, i still remember some parts of it . And it is not only about eating animals.
But eating Spicy foods, deep fried foods and also processed foods hinders the spiritual process.

Bhagwad Gita says that if you want to see if a person is near to God. See what he eats.
He wont like sweet fried spicy or processed foods.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:30 AM
Master
Yes.. I remember the Gita spoke about the gunas in detail..

Any recommendation for a version with an accurate translation..?
Old 11-06-2019, 12:19 PM
Master

Swami Nikhilananda (annotated or unannotated)

~ J